Poll

Nets pick, Johnson, Zeller, and Rozier for Drummond?

Yes
35 (49.3%)
No
36 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Lowe - Drummond and Jackson available  (Read 15282 times)

Re: Lowe - Drummond and Jackson available
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2017, 02:38:40 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Now I could care less about Jackson, but Drummond single handily checks off every one our teams needs. ...

Well, no.  Cousins does that but no one else.

Two Detroit starters being made available should send up red flags.

Also, why would we want to enable Detroit?  Most deals are good for both teams., but this one probably helps Detroit more than Boston.  They are a conference rival.  I've said the same thing about dealing with Philly and Orlando.  Don't help them!

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I read all these posts about Dinosaur this and he does not fit and it makes me laugh.   Even, in this day you still need to rebound and set picks.    Can Pachulia shoot or spread the floor what about Thompson from CLE.     Every player has weaknesses but Drummond also has unique gifts that I bet CBS could find a use for.  Folks are unimaginative to think we could not use him.

He is very athletic

Andre Drummond likely cemented his place in the top five of the draft with a maximum vertical of 38 inches,

http://www.sbnation.com/nba-draft/2012/6/9/3073602/nba-draft-combine-2012-andre-drummond-damian-lillard-austin-rivers

Videos of said athletic ability. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PWMswgJ95A

http://andredrummondvertical.weebly.com/about.html

He is young and I would say that he will be a better player some of the top draft picks.   Is he perfect, no.   I would say that that if they would take a BRK 2018 pick and some pieces then you go for it.   It would hurt our cap but he is a legit center.

He does not need the ball, can rebound at a much better level than bigs we had in the past with 14 RPG.  That is about double of Perk's best year.  1.2 BPG and 15 PPG are nice on 53% is a lot better than our bigs now.   We could sub him offense defense with Kelly for FT situations.

If they would take the 2018 BRK pick, MEM Pick and Amir and Tyler and I go for it and toss in some second rounders.  With the CBA will people switch teams anyways?  Their own team can pay them much more.  That offer will not  most likely not get him though, they would want more.

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2017, 06:28:57 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Now I could care less about Jackson, but Drummond single handily checks off every one our teams needs. ...

Also, why would we want to enable Detroit?  Most deals are good for both teams., but this one probably helps Detroit more than Boston.  They are a conference rival.  I've said the same thing about dealing with Philly and Orlando.  Don't help them!

I don't agree with the Cousins part. He needs the ball in his hands to be successful. Off the ball he's pretty bad. Plus, let's not even bring up the lackadisscal effort when he doesn't run back on D or doesn't try because he's in the midst of sulking over this or that.

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
More likely than not we get a top 3 pick this draft anyone of whom (Ball, Fultz, Jackson) I take over Drummond. 2018 draft loaded with bigs talent. I'd rather keep that pick too. Plus I doubt Drummond could be had for that pick and filler.

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2017, 07:11:54 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

I don't agree with the Cousins part. He needs the ball in his hands to be successful. Off the ball he's pretty bad. Plus, let's not even bring up the lackadisscal effort when he doesn't run back on D or doesn't try because he's in the midst of sulking over this or that.

This isn't a criticism of you, Eddie, but isn't this true of most stars in the NBA? LeBron, Wade, Chris Paul, Griffin ... most of them spend a lot of time moaning and groaning to the refs. I certainly wouldn't turn down any of those players for this reason.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thMLrls8M0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PF5023h9U0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6LFiSOJrZU
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2017, 07:18:02 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
I haven't read through the entire thread but I was super shocked to see the poll at 50-50. You guys realize that Drummond is only 23 years old right? Dude is already a beast and has yet to reach his prime.

High IQ, versatile defender, and the rule change has him shooting much less FT's vs last year (only 4 attempts per game). And we only have to give up essentially Rozier plus a BKN pick??
- LilRip

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2017, 07:53:35 PM »

Offline safecracker

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • JJ8

This isn't a criticism of you, Eddie, but isn't this true of most stars in the NBA? LeBron, Wade, Chris Paul, Griffin ... most of them spend a lot of time moaning and groaning to the refs. I certainly wouldn't turn down any of those players for this reason.
It's not about barking at the refs. The problem with Drummond is that when things don't go his way (misses easy shots, gets blocked, gets pushed around ...), he starts pouting and loses interest. He cannot handle adversity at all. If being a Celtic is being "gritty, never give up, do whatever to win", Drummond is the polar oppsite.

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2017, 08:44:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I haven't read through the entire thread but I was super shocked to see the poll at 50-50. You guys realize that Drummond is only 23 years old right? Dude is already a beast and has yet to reach his prime.

High IQ, versatile defender, and the rule change has him shooting much less FT's vs last year (only 4 attempts per game). And we only have to give up essentially Rozier plus a BKN pick??

Never fear....We are working hard to convert the non believers ( small ballers)

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

It's not about barking at the refs. The problem with Drummond is that when things don't go his way (misses easy shots, gets blocked, gets pushed around ...), he starts pouting and loses interest. He cannot handle adversity at all. If being a Celtic is being "gritty, never give up, do whatever to win", Drummond is the polar oppsite.

I think you're referring to Cousins.

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2017, 08:48:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Never fear....We are working hard to convert the non believers ( small ballers)

Do we really need to work hard?

Don't they see this team getting annihilated by all the bigs on the elite teams out there.. even the third string bigs..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2017, 09:52:10 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

I have not heard this about Drummond, do you have a source?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2017, 10:24:35 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I am sorry but you cannot trade that 2017 BK pick.  2018 pick - maybe.

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2017, 04:13:05 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ainge said in an interview yesterday his biggest need was a rebounder/rim protector (amen), and he would trade a Nets pick for Drummond, but his impression was Drummond is not available.

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2017, 04:15:14 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Ainge said in an interview yesterday his biggest need was a rebounder/rim protector (amen), and he would trade a Nets pick for Drummond, but his impression was Drummond is not available.

The bolded is 100% false. That would be tampering. It was Mannix who brought up Drummond, not Ainge.