Poll

Nets pick, Johnson, Zeller, and Rozier for Drummond?

Yes
35 (49.3%)
No
36 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Lowe - Drummond and Jackson available  (Read 15374 times)

Re: Lowe - Drummond and Jackson available
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't think he fits our system so much to give the Nets pick for him. Other than Cousins, Anthony Davis or a superstar/skilled big man, let's wait till summer and watch what Zizic can give in our team.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 10:14:58 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Horford is actually a better shot blocker than Drummond this year, but Drummond is an excellent steal generator.  He is also twice the rebounder (by TRB) of basically every single Celtic aside from Zeller this year.  Yes, half his shots are from 0-3 feet, but he makes nearly 70% of them, and he is trending to taking more shots from further out (he is taking a full 10% lower from 0-3 than last year, which was by far his career low). 

I'd have no issue giving up a BKN pick and other assets for Drummond.  I would not give up both BKN picks though.

Drummond, Morris, Ellenson

for

Olynyk, Brown, Johnson, Jerekbo, BKN 1st, BOS 18 (lotto prot.)

Seems like a fairly reasonable trade though other lesser pieces can be exchanged if need be.  Detroit can select which BKN 1st they want.

Post-Trade (1 open roster spot)
PG - Thomas, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Crowder, Green, Young
PF - Horford, Morris, Ellenson, Mickey
C - Drummond, Zeller

That team would cause Cleveland a lot of problems and Boston would still have 1 open roster spot to add a veteran.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 10:18:42 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
On the surface Drummond is a great rebounder and good, though not great shotblocker!  Look more closely and you find he is a TERRIBLE defender, as opposing centers consistently go off against him!  Add in his horrible FT shooting, clogging the driving lanes, and I'd pass cause he'd cost too much!

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 10:26:25 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Drummond doesn't fit our style of play at all. He is a good rebounder but what else does he do? He can't even hit free throws. He is a dinosaur as some others have mentioned. I would prefer Brook Lopez at the same cost over Drummond because he is more versatile and better offensively. Not saying I want Brook but if I had to choose based on the same cost I would go for Brook to fit with "this" team and style of play.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 10:35:28 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
Drummond is an expensive rim protector and rebounder. He could be the missing piece, rather than a Butler--who can't shoot the 3, by the way. You have to consider him, and how he would fit in their game. He certainly would clog the middle and give them OR ability.

What would this team be like with greatly improved rebounding and rim protection? More 2nd shots on cold nights when all those 3s are missing?

I think he might be a valuable player, and still young enough to be taught.

Is he worth a Nets pick? That's for Ainge to decide. I say yes.

The trouble with Drummond is he may not be "starry" enough for Danny.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 10:38:47 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm 100% on board with trading for Drummond. This team isnt likely to get a FA this off season. But he isn't worth the 2017 Nets pick. I'd give up Nets 2018, AJ, and Zeller for Drummond. That's it. They get cap relief and a likely high 2018 pick.

Starters=IT, AB, Crowder, Horford, Drummond
Bench=Rozier, Smart, Brown, Green, JJ, KO
Reserve=DJ, Young, Mickey

2017/18
Starters=IT, AB, Crowder, Horford, Drummond.
Bench=Rozier, Smart, Fultz, Brown, KO, Zizic.
Reserves=DJ, Yab, Mickey.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 10:40:28 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
Drummond doesn't fit our style of play at all. He is a good rebounder but what else does he do? He can't even hit free throws. He is a dinosaur as some others have mentioned. I would prefer Brook Lopez at the same cost over Drummond because he is more versatile and better offensively. Not saying I want Brook but if I had to choose based on the same cost I would go for Brook to fit with "this" team and style of play.

Great teams have players who play different roles. You can't have everybody doing the same thing. Horford is an outside type of big. Drummond is an inside type of big. Complementary.
They are missing the inside guy.

Brook isn't that guy. His brother, Robin, would be better.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2017, 10:41:03 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I would be totally on board for Drummond if the price is right. Stevens could finally get him to reach his potential, and he fills a huge need for us.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 10:43:45 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
As Chambers and saltlover said Drummond does not fit well with Horford.

Doesnt make sense to go after him.

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2017, 10:46:59 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Great teams have players who play different roles. You can't have everybody doing the same thing. Horford is an outside type of big. Drummond is an inside type of big. Complementary.
They are missing the inside guy.

Brook isn't that guy. His brother, Robin, would be better.

Drummond has great hands and a Thomas/Drummond PNR, flanked by shooters, would be deadly. Thomas is one of the best PNR players in the league and Drummond is one the best screen and rim runners around.

This trade wouldn't only help us defensively, but would also give us a different dimension offensively. if anything, his addition will help us offensively, not hurt us.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
As Chambers and saltlover said Drummond does not fit well with Horford.

Doesnt make sense to go after him.

I don't agree. Used properly , Drummond could be an outstanding fit with Horford, Crowder, Smart/Bradley, and IT.

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2017, 10:50:19 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Horford is actually a better shot blocker than Drummond this year, but Drummond is an excellent steal generator.  He is also twice the rebounder (by TRB) of basically every single Celtic aside from Zeller this year.  Yes, half his shots are from 0-3 feet, but he makes nearly 70% of them, and he is trending to taking more shots from further out (he is taking a full 10% lower from 0-3 than last year, which was by far his career low). 

I'd have no issue giving up a BKN pick and other assets for Drummond.  I would not give up both BKN picks though.

for

Seems like a fairly reasonable trade though other lesser pieces can be exchanged if need be.  Detroit can select which BKN 1st they want.

SG - Bradley, Smart
C - Drummond, Zeller

That team would cause Cleveland a lot of problems and Boston would still have 1 open roster spot to add a veteran.

Too much.  Brown plus Nets 2017 so that we can "cause a lot of problems" for Cleveland?  C'mon.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
No way Drummond worth a BKN pick, 1 1st+Rozier may be more than enough

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
The reason you stay away from Drummond is that he's owed an average of $26.2m per year for the next four years. You only acquire a guy making money for that many years into the future if he's a transcendent talent. And Drummond (with the way today's NBA game is played) is not that.

Now, others will come back and say "you're paying Horford similar money for the next three years, and he's not a transcendent talent". Correct. But Horford was intended as the stepping stone towards acquiring another superstar, not the end game. Drummond would essentially clog up the Celtics' cap situation for years.

This is a better argument than that "dinosaur" business. Bill Russell wouldn't appreciate that.
Maybe Stevens needs to give a little, too, if he wants to win a championship. KG was no dinosaur. Neither was Perkins.

But when you look at the projected salaries for  the next FA contracts, the numbers are in the $40 mil per year range! This makes $26M guys look cheap, including Drummond and Melo. And Horford.

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 10:54:59 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

for

SG - Bradley, Smart
C - Drummond, Zeller

Too much.  Brown plus Nets 2017 so that we can "cause a lot of problems" for Cleveland?  C'mon.
What do you think the odds are that Brown or any draft pick are as good as Drummond is right now?  What are the odds that Brown or the draft pick are actually major contributors to the current Celtic's core of Thomas, Horford, etc.?  Drummond helps Boston this year and well into the future (he is signed for 5 years).  He fills a real need and makes Boston better.  There are no guarantees that Brown or any of the draft picks actually do that.  Drummond is guaranteed to do that.  I'm not saying Boston will beat Cleveland with Drummond, but they would actually have a shot at it with a guy like Drummond in the post.  Boston has no shot at all right now.  Boston should absolutely take the shot especially given Drummond's age and contract situation.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip