Poll

Brooke Lopez on the cheap for the Cs?

Yes
11 (37.9%)
No
18 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: POLL:Brooke Lopez revisited: Would you take a chance on the cheap?  (Read 4147 times)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
With the bigs being traded so far (Nukric, Plumlee, ibaka) and others (Vucevic, Okafor, Robin Lopez, Noel, Broke Lopez) in rumors, and the interest being high on this board for a needed big, pretty much all these guys except Plumlee and Brooke Lopez have been discussed.

Brooklyn was rumored to be giving Brooke Lopez away to NO for 'Reke, Galloway, Frazier and a protected first. Lopez' fragility has been his biggest knock, and his contract used to be, but it ends next year, and value wise given the new CBA isn't that bad. His rebounding is not dominant for a guy his size, and has been another knock.

Lopez has averaged about 30 mpg this year in playing 50 of 55 games. He dominated Whiteside the other night with 30/8/2 blocks in 30 minutes. If we restricted his minutes during the season, this would make him a valuable weapon in the playoffs with much more time to rest between games.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:44:05 PM by csfansince60s »

Re: Brooke Lopez revisited: Would you take a chance on the cheap?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 11:21:43 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Okay, so I know that is not helpful to your topic, but I have to imagine Lopez is one of the last players Danny/Brad are looking to add to the team. He will cost more than Ibaka (if only slightly, and Danny wouldn't even include Rozier for Serge), his contract leaves us no flexibility this offseason, and he does nothing we actually need from the big man position.

I would honestly [much] rather take a chance on Okafor and easily would have preferred Ibaka than Lopez. Understandable why you would bring him up as an option, but in the words of Quinn, "Oh, God, no!"

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:36:19 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Okay, so I know that is not helpful to your topic, but I have to imagine Lopez is one of the last players Danny/Brad are looking to add to the team. He will cost more than Ibaka (if only slightly, and Danny wouldn't even include Rozier for Serge), his contract leaves us no flexibility this offseason, and he does nothing we actually need from the big man position.

I would honestly [much] rather take a chance on Okafor and easily would have preferred Ibaka than Lopez. Understandable why you would bring him up as an option, but in the words of Quinn, "Oh, God, no!"

You're right. Milsap/Hayward/Noel would be off the table.

If we trade for Lopez, add Sanders or Bogut, that could work, IF Lopez stayed healthy. I know....big IF.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:52:57 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

and Danny wouldn't even include Rozier for Serge

How do you know that he wouldn't include Rozier for Serge? Who knows if Orlando would have wanted Rozier? They got Ross plus a 1st rounder. Do you think Rozier is better than that offer?

Re: POLL:Brooke Lopez revisited: Would you take a chance on the cheap?
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 07:59:06 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't think it is a good fit for us, too slow and not very good rebounding for a seven feet. And they would ask at least Minny's pick this year (about 35) and ours in 2018 (about 25), which can be useful for better trades. Also, a young player and a filler, possibly Amir. I see Amir more useful for our style in the next months than Brook.

Let's wait and see them unload him to another team for a young player and a pick and grab a top-5 pick also in 2018. Anyhow, TP since it is an entertaining idea.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 08:00:41 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
How hard is it to properly spell Brook?  I mean seriously, this is like 10th thread with his name misspelled.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 08:03:09 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
How hard is it to properly spell Brook?  I mean seriously, this is like 10th thread with his name misspelled.

That is funny. He must have him mixed up with Brooke Shields!

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 08:43:13 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

How do you know that he wouldn't include Rozier for Serge? Who knows if Orlando would have wanted Rozier? They got Ross plus a 1st rounder. Do you think Rozier is better than that offer?

Jared Weiss tweeted this yesterday:

Quote from: Jared Weiss
Celtics were not willing to include Rozier in a potential Ibaka trade per multiple sources
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 08:45:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Whats even funnier is that in the actual initial post he spells it Broke Lopez.  Sounds something like a dirty sanchez.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 08:58:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Jared Weiss tweeted this yesterday:

Quote from: Jared Weiss
Celtics were not willing to include Rozier in a potential Ibaka trade per multiple sources

I think the important part you left out was "a 1st AND Rozier".  Why would he give up a 1st round pick for a rental?

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 11:06:20 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd like a better rebounder and defender. Brook is underrated, but the rebounding is brutal.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 02:17:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'd like a better rebounder and defender. Brook is underrated, but the rebounding is brutal.

He used to be a better rebounder before they had him out at the 3 point line. It's hartd to rebound out there.

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 02:36:44 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
With the bigs being traded so far (Nukric, Plumlee, ibaka) and others (Vucevic, Okafor, Robin Lopez, Noel, Broke Lopez) in rumors, and the interest being high on this board for a needed big, pretty much all these guys except Plumlee and Brooke Lopez have been discussed.

Brooklyn was rumored to be giving Brooke Lopez away to NO for 'Reke, Galloway, Frazier and a protected first. Lopez' fragility has been his biggest knock, and his contract used to be, but it ends next year, and value wise given the new CBA isn't that bad. His rebounding is not dominant for a guy his size, and has been another knock.

Lopez has averaged about 30 mpg this year in playing 50 of 55 games. He dominated Whiteside the other night with 30/8/2 blocks in 30 minutes. If we restricted his minutes during the season, this would make him a valuable weapon in the playoffs with much more time to rest between games.

I am a bit confused. I thought the report was the Nets somehow wanted 2 first round picks for him?

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If i was nets manager i would talked with the celtics for a trade after ainge steps down

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 03:29:25 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

He used to be a better rebounder before they had him out at the 3 point line. It's hartd to rebound out there.

He's always been a 6 rpg guy. Big scorer. No D. I prefer his brother, Robin, who is a defensive player. Shaq likes them both.

Could be NO has cooled on Okafor, prefers Lopez. Maybe that's why Okafor is in Boston. The price could be right.