Author Topic: Have faith in Danny for god sake  (Read 11419 times)

Re: Have faith in Danny for god sake
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2017, 01:28:32 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
If some of the more impatient posters had their way, the Brooklyn picks would have been traded long ago for good-but-not-great talent. It's easy to complain on an internet forum when you never have to explain your actions to the public later on like Ainge owuld have to do if he traded away our cap space and assets for a fraudulent shot at contention.

At least one of our posters wanted us to trade one of the Nets picks for Okafor.

Then there was the Omer Asik craze, the Greg Monroe obsession, Gallo, etc.

Thank God Ainge knows what he's doing and didn't trade assets and cap space for guaranteed perennial mediocrity. We still have a path to contention - several, actually.  If Ainge was as impatient as some of our posters we'd be hosed.

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2017, 02:07:39 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
If some of the more impatient posters had their way, the Brooklyn picks would have been traded long ago for good-but-not-great talent. It's easy to complain on an internet forum when you never have to explain your actions to the public later on like Ainge owuld have to do if he traded away our cap space and assets for a fraudulent shot at contention.

At least one of our posters wanted us to trade one of the Nets picks for Okafor.

Thank God Ainge knows what he's doing and didn't trade assets and cap space for guaranteed perennial mediocrity. We still have a path to contention - several, actually.  If Ainge was as impatient as some of our posters we'd be hosed.
I wanted us to move #3 for Okafor. Very glad that deal didnt go down.

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2017, 02:21:36 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

bradley would have been traded for peanuts too......

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2017, 02:28:47 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Danny can go to hell

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Danny can go to hell

Well that escalated quickly...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2017, 02:31:14 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Ainge is trending toward hall of fame gm status yet some people are not happy.  SMH.

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Ainge is trending toward hall of fame gm status yet some people are not happy.  SMH.

What planet u on?

14 years in Boston 1 championship. 
That defines a Top 5 GM?
I'll word it this way as well. 3 Hall of Famers those few seasons and 1 ring.
Some would say Ainge did not do enough those years to strengthen a shallow bench.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid boys!

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2017, 09:57:10 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Danny can go to hell

TP for appropriate use of our CB "safe space"
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2017, 06:33:28 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Danny is NOT a top 5 GM!!! He tried to trade 4 first round picks for Justice Winslow for God's sake!

You might have noticed Winslow during Miami's recent resurgence... Wearing street clothes... Because Miami got exponentially better once he went down with an injury.

Oh really? Name me 5 GM's better. Winslow was a big time prospect and I wanted him too.

Those 4 picks were garbage anyway that ended up being players like Rozier and RJ Hunter.

He got lucky that they turned down the trade, so he's got luck on his side too!

He is DEFINITELY lucky.

Via Zach Lowe~

"Boston put Charlotte on the other end of a quantity-for-quality pitch," writes Lowe. "The Celtics offered four first-round picks for the chance to move up from No. 16 to No. 9: that 16th pick, No. 15 (acquired in a prearranged contingency deal with the Hawks), one unprotected future Brooklyn pick, and a future first-rounder from either the Grizzlies or Timberwolves, per sources familiar with the talks."

Source http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/7/28/9058789/bostons-draft-day-offer-to-hornets-revealed

As for 5 GM's who are better... You were right it was a lot closer than I thought.  I went back and forth between Presti and Ainge for the 5th spot but landed on Presti for 2 reasons: His drafting is impeccable.  It literally blows Ainge's drafting out of the water.  The counterpoint being that Ainge hires good coaches and Presti has struggled mightily with that.  I just couldn't get past the thought that if you draft Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, Steven Adams, and Reggie Jackson, unload Jeff Green on an unsuspecting Danny Ainge, unload a secretly 38 year old Serge Ibaka for Oladipo, Sabonis, and a pick, and trade Cameron Payne for Taj Gibson and Mitch McGary you're a top 5 GM for that decade.     

Final GM top 5:
1. R.C. Buford San Antonio Spurs
2. Bob Meyers G.S Warriors
3. David Griffin/Lebron James Cleveland Cavaliers
4. Daryl Morey Houston Rockets
5. Sam Presti Oklahoma City Thunder

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2017, 07:07:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Danny pretty much thinks we can't win this year despite all the talk and that is why he did not make a move because he saw no move ( or our present team)  that would bring us  a title.

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2017, 07:17:04 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm SO trying to have faith in Danny, but I'm troubled thinking he wants to just throw this season away, by not adding to an existing team that is clearly better than the sum of it's parts. This team mostly plays their tail off for us, how about distributing a small dose of hope for them.

I'm not talking about fireworks here, I'll be patient with that... but how about a "sparkler" that can rebound a some.

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I see this season as a measuring stick for Danny. Of course, we'd like to see how this team have improved before pulling a trigger on any moves.

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2017, 08:36:56 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
it got hard to watch after the deadline, knowing that Danny sacrificed this season, to maybe have a better shot in the coming years

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2017, 09:04:23 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Ainge wants to fire a free agency bullet at Hayward and use cap space to get him rather than give up assets for Jimmy Butler. He's obviously not willing to include the 2017 Brooklyn pick in a Butler trade and thus feels if he can't get Butler for the price he wants now, he'll wait.

BecauseButler's value is only going to decline as the Garpax fron't office slowly burns Chicago from within. Garpax are on thin ice and will be desperate to start a rebuild and get a few more years as leaders of the circus in the windy city- praying for antoher Derrick Rose level miracle of a draft pick in whoever they feel they want.

Both George and Butler will be available soon enough- as available as they were this offseason and probably even more available as their remaining time on their contracts shrinks and their organizations fret about both their ability to re-sign them and their looming 200 million dollar supermax deals.

Chicago just moved out Gibson and McDermmott for Cameron Payne. They desperately wanted Okafor at the deadline but couldn't find a working deal.

The time for Ainge to use these picks is ultimately this summer after seeing what happens with Hayward and Kelly Olynyk's cap hold.

It's hard to think that the Bulls will still turn down the pick even it's at #3 or #4 when guys like Dennis Smith Jr will still be available- the C's may just have to throw in some more sweeteners like a Memphis pick or Terry Rozier.

I'm pretty sure Woj suggested that Ainge and Doc had talked about Blake Griffin scenarios too, which is for another time.

Adding Butler still leaves the C's as significant underdogs vs the Cavs and even moreso vs the Warriors.
We'd also lose the ability to sign Hayward this offseason AND lose our 2017 Brooklyn pick.

Patience people. Danny is waiting for the summer.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2017, 09:17:09 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I don't think he wants to pay IT4. More help would mean less shots and higher efficiency for IT4, he wouldn't have to do more than he should, numbers look pretty to suitors and will bring out the Brinks truck. If IT4 can single handedly deliver on an ECF appearance than Danny is screwed. IT4 is still bound to get Alcernio "passes N spaces the floor tho" Horford type of money being Isaiah "Doesn't pass n grabs rebounds tho" Thomas. This team is really ass backwards to me sometimes.