Author Topic: Have faith in Danny for god sake  (Read 11421 times)

Re: Have faith in Danny for god sake
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 12:10:37 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Every team steps up in the playoffs.  Unfortunately we're the same team while others step up

The logical contradiction in these two sentences is a riot.

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 12:11:15 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Danny has to get off his assets and make a deal for Butler. Seize the day.

The issue is not the Raptors or Ibaka.  The issue is the Love-less Cavs and the opportunity to take home court from them in the playoffs.

The issue is thinking this team as assembled will make it out of the second round.  Every team steps up in the playoffs.  Unfortunately we're the same team while others step up
This is unfounded.

2 years ago we lost to the Cavs with Turner, Bass, and Zeller in the starting lineup.
Last year we lost to the Hawks in 6 as a 5 seed without AB out and Crowder basically useless.

There is not nearly enough data to conclude that while other teams are capable of stepping up come playoff time, we are not.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 01:54:12 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
The issue is thinking this team as assembled will make it out of the second round.  Every team steps up in the playoffs.  Unfortunately we're the same team while others step up

This is a mix of funny and nonsense.

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 02:44:24 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Whether Ibaka puts the Raptors back into contention is debatable.

Love's knee injury puts the Cavs in a pickle for awhile. That makes Melo more appealing.

Meanwhile, Ainge sits on his heels (?), as if he had the team to beat. He doesn't.

It's a little early to say Ainge is sitting on his heels. There are several rebounders available who could help, including some which could be had at relatively low cost - assuming that Ainge isn't aligned with the Green Teamers who think every asset we own, down to the second rounders, is untouchable.

I don't think his mental processes are that impaired.
when CoachBo says you are being overly pessimistic it means that you are being overly pessimistic.

At first I thought Bo may have been hacked because he actually said some nice (well, non-insulting) things about Ainge, but then when he insulted everyone for no reason I knew it had to be him

Ad hominem attacks must be allowed on this board as well. Good to know.

If they weren't then you would have been banned long ago given your constant and absurd insults to the rest of this board. You earned your reputation. Now live with it - or work to change it which might be possible if you start acting like an adult.
Man great stuff
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2017, 03:36:24 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I haven't been a doubter for 10 years, I am not starting now.
He is playing a masterpiece chess game, it is a beauty to watch.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 03:42:29 AM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
lol. Ibaka is going to turn around the Raptors? What fantasy world do these guys live in? He isn't the player he once was. Did the Raptors get marginally better? I don't even know. Terrence Ross is a good player to give up. The Raptors are reaching at this point, they are falling like a rock in the standings. They NEEDED to make a move. We don't, we didn't, and it was the right play. Short of Ainge engineering a LeBron he has done almost everything right. He has arguably 3 of the best contracts in the league in IT, Crowder, and Bradley, a host of young talent in Rozier, Smart, Brown, BK 17, BK 18 and we are in second place in the conference, only behind the Cleveland LeBrons. We have the cap flexibility to sign a MAX FA this summer. Not to mention the dude brought us a championship less than a decade ago. Lost in his accomplishments (which are many) he also lured CBS to the Celtics, arguably the best young coach in the league. I just destroyed the Ainge haters in 4 sentences, but tell me about how he Drafted KO over Giannis... and how he took Fab Melo... and how he could have had this guy, or that guy. Ill remind you he took Jaylen over Dunn, and it was the right pick...but all the same people decrying this loss of Ibaka are the same ones who think we should have taken Dunn. Hyper critical no matter what the scenario is. Ainge is a top 3 GM in this league year in and year out.

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2017, 05:57:03 AM »

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
I for one am extremely grateful that Danny didn't trade for Ibaka.   Anything the team does this year in the playoffs to me is a complete and total bonus.

Danny is playing the long term masterfully while remaining competitive,  building a winning system environment,  and getting the youngsters some run.

This season is already a win no matter what happens in the playoffs.

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2017, 06:04:21 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Most on this board will get behind Danny regardless.  Blind.  How many years did we watch Danny's masterful plan unfold to end up with no big trade to immediately upgrade the team. He's been fortunate things have panned out but this isn't because of anything he's planned.

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2017, 06:07:40 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
Danny has to get off his assets and make a deal for Butler. Seize the day.

The issue is not the Raptors or Ibaka.  The issue is the Love-less Cavs and the opportunity to take home court from them in the playoffs.

This is unfounded.

2 years ago we lost to the Cavs with Turner, Bass, and Zeller in the starting lineup.
Last year we lost to the Hawks in 6 as a 5 seed without AB out and Crowder basically useless.

There is not nearly enough data to conclude that while other teams are capable of stepping up come playoff time, we are not.

How about the data that's staring you in the face that it happens every year?  He has made no attempt to upgrade for the playoffs sans the year he should have tanked and picked up IT

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2017, 06:13:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Did the Raptors get marginally better?

I think they did.   Plus, when DeRozan comes back I do not see us beating them in a seven game series.  I am glad we did not go for a two month rental though.

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 06:29:20 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Most on this board will get behind Danny regardless.  Blind.  How many years did we watch Danny's masterful plan unfold to end up with no big trade to immediately upgrade the team. He's been fortunate things have panned out but this isn't because of anything he's planned.
Can you name a better rebuild?
Parametars are: time period, sustainability, chemistry and title odds.
MJ and Bird have also been fortunate, but I don't diminsh their body of work. I respect it.
I am not sure are you just troling?
I thought we are beyond that.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2017, 07:48:26 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

You would deserve a Billy King or a Phil Jackson GM.

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2017, 08:03:25 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Did the Raptors get marginally better?

I think they did.   Plus, when DeRozan comes back I do not see us beating them in a seven game series.  I am glad we did not go for a two month rental though.

listiening to some national guys, they think the raptors may have gotten weaker because the trade hurt their bench depth.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2017, 08:11:41 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
lol. Ibaka is going to turn around the Raptors? What fantasy world do these guys live in? He isn't the player he once was. Did the Raptors get marginally better? I don't even know. Terrence Ross is a good player to give up. The Raptors are reaching at this point, they are falling like a rock in the standings. They NEEDED to make a move. We don't, we didn't, and it was the right play. Short of Ainge engineering a LeBron he has done almost everything right. He has arguably 3 of the best contracts in the league in IT, Crowder, and Bradley, a host of young talent in Rozier, Smart, Brown, BK 17, BK 18 and we are in second place in the conference, only behind the Cleveland LeBrons. We have the cap flexibility to sign a MAX FA this summer. Not to mention the dude brought us a championship less than a decade ago. Lost in his accomplishments (which are many) he also lured CBS to the Celtics, arguably the best young coach in the league. I just destroyed the Ainge haters in 4 sentences, but tell me about how he Drafted KO over Giannis... and how he took Fab Melo... and how he could have had this guy, or that guy. Ill remind you he took Jaylen over Dunn, and it was the right pick...but all the same people decrying this loss of Ibaka are the same ones who think we should have taken Dunn. Hyper critical no matter what the scenario is. Ainge is a top 3 GM in this league year in and year out.

This. TP. Not many people seem to grasp that in Danny's tenure, he has orchestrated one of the greatest single season turn arounds ever (if not the best, I can't remember,) and has fleeced the foreseeable future out of a divisional opponent. Sure he has made his mistakes, and sure he has gotten lucky, but short of GS and SA, almost every team in the league wouldn't skip a beat in getting to that phone and calling if Danny became available. Luckily for us, that won't happen because management obviously can see Danny's worth to the franchise.
#JKJB

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
Can you name a better rebuild?
Parametars are: time period, sustainability, chemistry and title odds.
MJ and Bird have also been fortunate, but I don't diminsh their body of work. I respect it.
I am not sure are you just troling?
I thought we are beyond that.

This isn't about a rebuild it's about playoff readiness. Teams are always rebuilding and don't do anything in the playoffs.  76ers for example.  While other teams strike while the iron is hot like we did in 2008.  It's not like we're rebuilding with high Lottery picked here either.