Author Topic: Have faith in Danny for god sake  (Read 11477 times)

Re: Have faith in Danny for god sake
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 02:14:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Ibaka moves the needle some,  in the East ,  but he is not the long term Star Danny is after , that will allow the Celtics to compete with the Spurs and Warriors for years to come.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 02:27:35 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Whether Ibaka puts the Raptors back into contention is debatable.

Love's knee injury puts the Cavs in a pickle for awhile. That makes Melo more appealing.

Meanwhile, Ainge sits on his heels (?), as if he had the team to beat. He doesn't.

It's a little early to say Ainge is sitting on his heels. There are several rebounders available who could help, including some which could be had at relatively low cost - assuming that Ainge isn't aligned with the Green Teamers who think every asset we own, down to the second rounders, is untouchable.

I don't think his mental processes are that impaired.
when CoachBo says you are being overly pessimistic it means that you are being overly pessimistic.

At first I thought Bo may have been hacked because he actually said some nice (well, non-insulting) things about Ainge, but then when he insulted everyone for no reason I knew it had to be him

Ad hominem attacks must be allowed on this board as well. Good to know.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 08:26:57 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Keep trading Danny, you ain't made a bad deal yet

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 08:45:58 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Love's knee injury puts the Cavs in a pickle for awhile. That makes Melo more appealing.

Meanwhile, Ainge sits on his heels (?), as if he had the team to beat. He doesn't.

It's a little early to say Ainge is sitting on his heels. There are several rebounders available who could help, including some which could be had at relatively low cost - assuming that Ainge isn't aligned with the Green Teamers who think every asset we own, down to the second rounders, is untouchable.

I don't think his mental processes are that impaired.
when CoachBo says you are being overly pessimistic it means that you are being overly pessimistic.

At first I thought Bo may have been hacked because he actually said some nice (well, non-insulting) things about Ainge, but then when he insulted everyone for no reason I knew it had to be him

Ad hominem attacks must be allowed on this board as well. Good to know.

If they weren't then you would have been banned long ago given your constant and absurd insults to the rest of this board. You earned your reputation. Now live with it - or work to change it which might be possible if you start acting like an adult.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 09:03:15 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Ainge knows not to make a reactionary panic move.

He knows his team is built for the long haul. No need to force a move. Toronto had to make a move because this year and last year seem like the peak for this Toronto team and their best player is 31 and has a player option hes probably gonna opt out of.

I dont understand how people dont trust Ainge.

He traded Marcus Thornton and the 28th pick in the draft for an MVP candidate, the rotting corpse of KG/Pierce/Terry for what could easily be 3 top 5 picks, and also managed to dump get Rondo out the door for Jae Crowder, who he turned around and signed to one of the best contracts in the NBA.

He then signed the biggest FA in Celtics history and we are currently closer in the standings to the 1 seed than the 3 seed.

TP. I've decided that I agree with everything here.

Mike

And another.....plus another asset, Yabusele from the Rondo trade in addition to Crowder.

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 09:04:21 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
The guy knows what he is doing . Traded a pile of crap and got us our all star point guard. Traded away aging Pierce Garnett for 3 first rounders. Brought us a championship should have been more if not for Perkins going down and Garnett getting injured. Wasn't sold on getting Ibaka for a 2 month rental. People give him heat because of some of his draft picks. Some pan out some don't. I would not have any other nba gm than Danny.

He's definitely a mediocre drafter, but man can he get the best talent in trades.

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 09:16:42 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
The guy knows what he is doing . Traded a pile of crap and got us our all star point guard. Traded away aging Pierce Garnett for 3 first rounders. Brought us a championship should have been more if not for Perkins going down and Garnett getting injured. Wasn't sold on getting Ibaka for a 2 month rental. People give him heat because of some of his draft picks. Some pan out some don't. I would not have any other nba gm than Danny.

He's definitely a mediocre drafter, but man can he get the best talent in trades.
he's still better than jordan drafting players.lol

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 09:21:17 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

In the long run, everyone is a mediocre drafter.

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ainge is patient and makes trades when its best to make trades. Because of this he usually wins his trades pretty convincingly. Celtic nation needs to be as patient as Ainge. He has earned that from us.

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 09:46:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

And I remember about a decade ago how this board was saying the opposite ainge can draft but is terrible at trades.

We have been down this road soooooo many time. Ainge is a better drafter than most GMs. Do not use "he missed this guy" as the standard to judge. If you do,all GMsstink, including the spurs.

Try it. Look at the sours history and see how they whiffed by not choosing players. See how much talent they overlooked.

Rather, compare ainge percentages of success compared to the NBA success average for different locations in the draft. Ainge does all right.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 09:51:02 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Yup.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 10:05:22 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
NO!  Every year Danny picks up scraps while other teams around us get better and we're left with a team that makes the playoffs with zero horsepower to makes any noise in it.  This team has needed a legit big since Perkins and Danny has gotten us nothing but pg's.  Ainge is like that person that waits till the last minute to make a bid on eBay then is frustrated because they get outbid and shoulda put the bid in earlier.

Al Horford?   Scraps, I disagree.   Trading machine too.    Guy loves the Celtics and wants to win.   I'll back our GM.   You don't know what Orlando offered..... No one knows yet.   
Diggles

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 10:20:16 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732

Melo is NEVER more appealing. The guy would be a bigger disaster here than in his current situation. His game and his attitude fly in the face of our current team and the entire history of Celtics basketball. He is not overly concerned with winning, does not move the ball at all, a poor defender to boot and is as self-centered as they come. I don't want any part of him or Cousins - they are both basketball cancers.

Nice move by Toronto, but it isn't gonna win them a title ............. and building a championship team is all I am interested in Ainge doing. Making small-increment improvements that do not help us long-term are detrimental to the real goal.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Danny has to get off his assets and make a deal for Butler. Seize the day.

The issue is not the Raptors or Ibaka.  The issue is the Love-less Cavs and the opportunity to take home court from them in the playoffs.

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2017, 12:06:29 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Danny has to get off his assets and make a deal for Butler. Seize the day.

The issue is not the Raptors or Ibaka.  The issue is the Love-less Cavs and the opportunity to take home court from them in the playoffs.

The issue is thinking this team as assembled will make it out of the second round.  Every team steps up in the playoffs.  Unfortunately we're the same team while others step up