Author Topic: Have faith in Danny for god sake  (Read 11471 times)

Have faith in Danny for god sake
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:46:55 AM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
The guy knows what he is doing . Traded a pile of crap and got us our all star point guard. Traded away aging Pierce Garnett for 3 first rounders. Brought us a championship should have been more if not for Perkins going down and Garnett getting injured. Wasn't sold on getting Ibaka for a 2 month rental. People give him heat because of some of his draft picks. Some pan out some don't. I would not have any other nba gm than Danny.

Re: Have faith in Danny for god sake
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Ainge is patient.

Ibaka is a great stretch 4, but Horford wanted to be a 4, and there is no point if we aren't going to resign him.

Ibaka isn't able to keep up with faster 4's anymore, and he doesn't have the impact defensively. For the price Raptors gave up, I am a little disappointed, but the Magic wanted 1st round pick that we didn't have this year, and Rozier, who I wasn't going to give up either.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »

Offline blendahtom

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
Great stuff!

Agreed 100%

I hope he stay's the course.. Now with this Love injury news if we just stay the course and grab a big like Bogut we've got a great shot at the #1 seed.

+ #1 Draft pick in 2017
& Top 3 pick in 2018

We are on the cusp of 10-15 year run if Danny play's this smart.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:18:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Yup Ibaka wasn't a championship make or break addition not doing that deal was the right choice.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 12:24:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The Raptors' making this move does nothing for my faith.

Only if he was to go out there and make a panic trade would my faith be bothered. 

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 12:29:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think it's fair for people to be frustrated.  A division rival just took another step forward in terms of talent while we hold out for "fireworks".
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 12:37:22 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
 NO!  Every year Danny picks up scraps while other teams around us get better and we're left with a team that makes the playoffs with zero horsepower to makes any noise in it.  This team has needed a legit big since Perkins and Danny has gotten us nothing but pg's.  Ainge is like that person that waits till the last minute to make a bid on eBay then is frustrated because they get outbid and shoulda put the bid in earlier.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:42:22 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Whether Ibaka puts the Raptors back into contention is debatable.

Love's knee injury puts the Cavs in a pickle for awhile. That makes Melo more appealing.

Meanwhile, Ainge sits on his heels (?), as if he had the team to beat. He doesn't.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 12:45:42 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I think some people end up bitter because they are so negative and get proven wrong over and over again.

They spend most of their time either speculating on trades or attacking our players. So when those trades never happen and the players they attack do well, they are stuck with it.

They are in a parallel universe as fans. They seem to follow the same team, but the standings do not line up with their ideas.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 12:48:21 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Love's knee injury puts the Cavs in a pickle for awhile. That makes Melo more appealing.

Meanwhile, Ainge sits on his heels (?), as if he had the team to beat. He doesn't.

It's a little early to say Ainge is sitting on his heels. There are several rebounders available who could help, including some which could be had at relatively low cost - assuming that Ainge isn't aligned with the Green Teamers who think every asset we own, down to the second rounders, is untouchable.

I don't think his mental processes are that impaired.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:48:21 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Ainge knows not to make a reactionary panic move.

He knows his team is built for the long haul. No need to force a move. Toronto had to make a move because this year and last year seem like the peak for this Toronto team and their best player is 31 and has a player option hes probably gonna opt out of.

I dont understand how people dont trust Ainge.

He traded Marcus Thornton and the 28th pick in the draft for an MVP candidate, the rotting corpse of KG/Pierce/Terry for what could easily be 3 top 5 picks, and also managed to dump get Rondo out the door for Jae Crowder, who he turned around and signed to one of the best contracts in the NBA.

He then signed the biggest FA in Celtics history and we are currently closer in the standings to the 1 seed than the 3 seed.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

It's a little early to say Ainge is sitting on his heels. There are several rebounders available who could help, including some which could be had at relatively low cost - assuming that Ainge isn't aligned with the Green Teamers who think every asset we own, down to the second rounders, is untouchable.

when CoachBo says you are being overly pessimistic it means that you are being overly pessimistic.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

Ainge knows not to make a reactionary panic move.

He knows his team is built for the long haul. No need to force a move. Toronto had to make a move because this year and last year seem like the peak for this Toronto team and their best player is 31 and has a player option hes probably gonna opt out of.

I dont understand how people dont trust Ainge.

He traded Marcus Thornton and the 28th pick in the draft for an MVP candidate, the rotting corpse of KG/Pierce/Terry for what could easily be 3 top 5 picks, and also managed to dump get Rondo out the door for Jae Crowder, who he turned around and signed to one of the best contracts in the NBA.

He then signed the biggest FA in Celtics history and we are currently closer in the standings to the 1 seed than the 3 seed.

TP. I've decided that I agree with everything here.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 01:40:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

when CoachBo says you are being overly pessimistic it means that you are being overly pessimistic.

At first I thought Bo may have been hacked because he actually said some nice (well, non-insulting) things about Ainge, but then when he insulted everyone for no reason I knew it had to be him
I'm bitter.