Author Topic: Bogut or Cauley-Stein  (Read 5309 times)

Bogut or Cauley-Stein
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:53:34 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I like the way the team is playing recently...especially the bench. The ball is moving, no hesitation...too bad the break is coming. Smart, KO, Green and Rozier are really playing well.

I think a small deal to get Bogut or Cauley Stein would be the final piece for this year. There is no need to disrupt the entire chemistry of the team. If we can make it to the ECF that will go a long way to signing FAs and dangling the #1 pick.

Moving Jerebko, Zeller, Amir and Rozier for WCS and Afflalo would work. Afflalo would be a good wing defender and scorer off the bench. You would need Crowder and Afflalo to rotate defending LeBron because Jaylen Brown may not be ready for that task. WCS gives us a rim protector.

Re: Bogut or Cauley-Stein
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:01:39 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Afflalo just isn't a good player at this stage. He's owed $12.5 million next year, preventing us from signing a max / near-max free agent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:03:48 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I was gonna say that there's no way I would want Afflalo's contract since he's getting 12.5 million this year and next, but it's non-guaranteed next year so it could actually prove to be an asset if we make a trade this summer. I'd probably trade Amir, Rozier, and the Clippers pick for Afflalo and WCS, I don't think SAC would agree to it, though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:05:23 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Afflalo just isn't a good player at this stage. He's owed $12.5 million next year, preventing us from signing a max / near-max free agent.

I thought the same thing about Afflalo's contract, but it's structured similar to Zeller's. Only 1.5 million guarateed next year
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 09:09:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I thought the same thing about Afflalo's contract, but it's structured similar to Zeller's. Only 1.5 million guarateed next year

Ah. In that case, I'd be fine with the deal, but I imagine Sactown would want more than Rozier and expiring deals.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 09:16:40 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would rather go simple.

Like Rozier, Mickey and a couple of 2nd round picks.   (Or maybe a future non-lotto 1st round pick.) for Willie

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 09:17:39 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Wouldn't an expiring deal like Amir's and Jerebko's be a good cap savings for next year with the cap going up. Remember the Celtics cap goes up as well so letting AB go will free up some money to use elsewhere.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 09:22:04 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd rather go for Cousins.  But if we can't get a big deal done... how much would you pay to rent Noel for the remainder of the year?

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 09:25:38 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
I'd rather go for Cousins.  But if we can't get a big deal done... how much would you pay to rent Noel for the remainder of the year?

I don't think Philly is going to move Noel now that Embiid is down again.

I want Cousins too but it's looking like we would have to tear down the team to get him. These other guys playing well now are making them more attractive but sitting at the #1 or 2 seed has LeBron probably worried of a deal the Celtics may make to put us over the hump.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I too think a smaller deal is more likely.  The team is playing too well now to bust it up.

Bogut is ok but is always injured.

WCS is a pretty lousy offensive player...I don't see him fitting into Brad's system.

My #1 choice is still a deal for Ibaka.  I think he can be had for not too much.  Don't give Smart, Brown, Crowder or a BKN pick.

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 11:20:12 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Bogut is always injured, he plays a few games and he's gone for 2 weeks. He looks at the end of it.

WCS is interesting, he has many of the attributes of Noel, solid defender, very active, and can cover 3 positions down low, defends the rim, and rebounds well for the minutes he plays. And he's cheap at this point. On offense he's basic, but young and will develop.

Ibaka is a guy that can move the needle, his game is mature, he'd seriously help... and quickly.

i really hope we get something done to help on the interior. We're doing well at this point against .500 clubs, home and on the road, but more difficult tests are coming.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 12:11:31 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
WCS was the #6 overall pick just two drafts ago and has moments this season where he's shown some nice potential despite not getting a ton of minutes.  The idea that Sacramento wants to give him up for Rozier or two second round picks or a non-lotto first round pick is crazy.  Yes, I would love to add him to the Celtics, but why exactly does Sacramento want to trade him away?
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 12:43:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Low interest in Bogut. He is slow, old, a bad offensive player and injured frequently.

High level of interest in WCS. I think he is underrated and would do better away from Cousins and the Kings organization.

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 12:46:02 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't know if they could pry WCS away from the Kings. Maybe Rozier would do it.

Bogut isn't dependable enough to be there when he's needed. Certainly a great pickup playoff time. But you don't know if he'll be healthy then.

Beggars can't be choosers, at this point. The bigs are going fast.

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
WCS was the #6 overall pick just two drafts ago and has moments this season where he's shown some nice potential despite not getting a ton of minutes.  The idea that Sacramento wants to give him up for Rozier or two second round picks or a non-lotto first round pick is crazy.  Yes, I would love to add him to the Celtics, but why exactly does Sacramento want to trade him away?

Because Sacramento shifts gears every 6 months.  WCS could be no longer the flavor of two months ago, much less last month.