18 (26.9%)
Isaac
39 (58.2%)
Markkanen
3 (4.5%)
Malik Monk
4 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Doomsday Poll: Celtics pick Fourth who you got  (Read 5846 times)

Re: Doomsday Poll: Celtics pick Fourth who you got
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 01:02:26 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Voted Isaac but could be talked into Tatum. 

If one of our guards were traded in a deal for a center, then I might want Monk. 

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 01:11:15 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
For those that really like Isaac, what does he do besides block shots that Jerebko doesnt already do for this team?
Aside from being somewhat longer (with potential to grow more), Isaac looks like a much more versatile scorer.  He's aggressive to the rim and gets to the line at a much higher rate than Jerebko ever has (even in his days in the Italian League) and makes his free throws. Like JJ he's got solid jump-shot mechanics.   Overall, he should be a more prolific scorer, though, because he should be able to score in more ways.   He's a pretty smart passer as well.

He's a more aggressive rebounder on both ends.  JJ is a good rebounder, but Isaac should be distinct step up from that.  In addition to his length, he's got very good, sticky hands, like Sully had, where if he can reach the ball, he usually hauls it in.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 01:29:48 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Need to take a look at Miles Bridges. 
Kid is a raw bull with plenty to learn but has been on a killer streak recently.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
For those that really like Isaac, what does he do besides block shots that Jerebko doesnt already do for this team?
Aside from being somewhat longer (with potential to grow more), Isaac looks like a much more versatile scorer.  He's aggressive to the rim and gets to the line at a much higher rate than Jerebko ever has (even in his days in the Italian League) and makes his free throws. Like JJ he's got solid jump-shot mechanics.   Overall, he should be a more prolific scorer, though, because he should be able to score in more ways.   He's a pretty smart passer as well.

He's a more aggressive rebounder on both ends.  JJ is a good rebounder, but Isaac should be distinct step up from that.  In addition to his length, he's got very good, sticky hands, like Sully had, where if he can reach the ball, he usually hauls it in.

Im not seeing what he does that is all that much different from Jerebko. Yes he does some things at a slightly higher level potentially but Im wouldnt take him that high based on a gamble that he will. I dont see the same drive to the basket you do. Yes he is a better rebounder but I dont think he will be a rebounder in the NBA. I think he will be one of those guys that is a 3 on defense and a 4 on offense and I dont value that as much as some.

Could he be a good player if he puts it all together? Yes but I dont see anything that jumps out to he as something that will surely translate. To me he could be a good to really good role player in the NBA and thats not someone Im taking in the top 4 if unless thats the best I can do.

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 02:40:42 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We have better odds of ending up with the #4 pick than we do the #1 pick.  And, I ran the lottery simulator this morning 16 times before we ended up at #1.  Not only is there a chance that we pick fourth, I am afraid that it will happen.

In that case, I vote Tatum assuming he is even there at that spot. 

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2017, 02:31:36 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd probably take Markkanen. He's a much better shooter than other good big man shooting prospects recently.

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Isaac looks like a boom or bust pick to me.  Either he's Rashard Lewis Plus, or he's Al-Farouq Aminu (or a worse version of same).

If the Celts can't get one of the top 2 guards, I think my preference would be to add one of the versatile play-making combo forwards (Jackson or Tatum).  Adding one of those two to Jaylen Brown would give the Celts a very exciting mix of young talent on the wing.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain