Author Topic: Rate the Boston sports radio shows  (Read 3825 times)

Rate the Boston sports radio shows
« on: February 13, 2017, 08:15:35 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Morning....mornings are just not that good

WEEI....Kirk and Callahan....   grade = C.   Politics and more conservative politics with some sports. Good interviews. Dennis leaving the show improved it. I never would have thought that but Kirk works well with Callahan

Sports Hub....Toucher and Rich....C-    Completely off topic. A tad more funny. They sorta talk about nothing

Mid day

WEEI - Dale and Holley.  ...A- ...Pretty good. Holley clearly tries to be devil's advocate because Felger does that so well, but Holley does it pretty well too. Reasonably focused.

Sports hub...Felger and Mazz......B+.....Felger is a very good devil's advocate. Mazz drives me nuts. He just ruins it almost every time.  Sometimes you get lucky and Mazz finds a nut and they get a great show out of it.

Re: Rate the Boston sports radio shows
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 08:35:08 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

WEEI....Kirk and Callahan....   grade = C.   Politics and more conservative politics with some sports. Good interviews. Dennis leaving the show improved it. I never would have thought that but Kirk works well with Callahan

Sports Hub....Toucher and Rich....C-    Completely off topic. A tad more funny. They sorta talk about nothing

Mid day

WEEI - Dale and Holley.  ...A- ...Pretty good. Holley clearly tries to be devil's advocate because Felger does that so well, but Holley does it pretty well too. Reasonably focused.

Sports hub...Felger and Mazz......B+.....Felger is a very good devil's advocate. Mazz drives me nuts. He just ruins it almost every time.  Sometimes you get lucky and Mazz finds a nut and they get a great show out of it.

Toucher and Rich is more entertainment than sports radio. In fact, I wish they spoke more sports.

I like Felger and Mazz, but think their best shows are when they have had someone like Wiggy there to offer up resistance to the Felger "doom and gloom" narrative.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 08:54:38 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
yes, I definitely like when any show brings in former players

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 09:08:35 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Can I change your title to "Grate the Boston sports radio shows"? 

That image is much more appealing to me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 09:10:49 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I would give Kirk and Callahan an A, felger and mazz an A, Zo and Bertrand a B, everything else is un listenable
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 09:33:22 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Mid day

I'd rate K and C zero if I could. They talk more about all sorts of crap that is not sports, are generally abrasive, and hold insufferable prick Kurt Schilling on some sort of pedestal just because he's a Republican. The only reason I'd ever tune into them is because they've cornered Tom Brady's radio appearances.

Toucher and Rich usually have extremely thoughtful interviews (especially with Ainge and Gorman), and generally have better talking points.

Conversely, I find WEEI midday ok, while Felger and Mazz are complete hacks. They know nothing about the sports and the leagues they insist to keep blabbering about, and Mazz will win the "most annoying radio voice" competition by a landslide.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 09:39:48 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I really like Rich Keefe and have been listening to Dale and Holley more since his addition.  Kirk and Callahan are entertaining but also hard to listen to some times.  I bounce around to both stations when I'm in the car.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby