Author Topic: Faried + Wilson Chandler idea  (Read 1290 times)

Faried + Wilson Chandler idea
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:41:43 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Is Denver looking to get some cap room?  Maybe trade them Zeller/Amir/Rozier for Faried and Wilson Chandler to get a couple more role player/energy guys that are locked up for good value? 

Faried could back up Al at the 4 and provide rebounding. Amir is gone after this year anyway. Zizic will be coming next year, but in the mean time use the extra roster spot on a waiver wire big man.

It's not a blockbuster trade that we've been wanting but it makes the C's better while protecting the picks.

Re: Faried + Wilson Chandler idea
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 10:43:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Is Denver looking to get some cap room?  Maybe trade them Zeller/Amir/Rozier for Faried and Wilson Chandler to get a couple more role player/energy guys that are locked up for good value? 

Faried could back up Al at the 4 and provide rebounding. Amir is gone after this year anyway. Zizic will be coming next year, but in the mean time use the extra roster spot on a waiver wire big man.

It's not a blockbuster trade that we've been wanting but it makes the C's better while protecting the picks.
and who starts at the 5 now that you've shipped our only 2 full-fledged centers and left us with only Horford and KO to man the middle this season?

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:39:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not a fan of Faried and I wouldn't tie up cap.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 11:53:41 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Not only does Denver not particularly need cap room, they're actually under the salary floor right now. Faried and Chandler are both very available, but Denver's going to be looking for assets in a trade, not a straight salary dump (and I like Rozier as much as most, but he's not an asset in trade right now).

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 01:07:25 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Anyone interested in Gallinari?

I just feel like the Nuggets feel convinced that they can make the playoffs. They should; because the West is extremely weak right now. With the exception of contenders like Spurs, GSW, or Clippers and even Grizzlies, there are just an abundance of bad teams sucking in all of said suckage.

I think Nuggets should hold onto Wilson Chandler.

I don't know how much of a price they would cost, but I'm curious. I do hope Ainge is doing his due digilence, and making phone calls all around. There is plenty of action going on, but Ainge never really seems to panic, or make miscalculated decisions.

He's a very patient person.

I would love any of these players on our team anyways. I love Faried's fire, and his momentum gaining rebounds that spark up the fast break. Chandler is also a great two way wing, though I prefer Gallinari more for his height, and shooting touch.

But the Nuggets aren't going to make dumb trades either.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 08:42:33 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
There's 2 issues here:

1. It eliminates our cap flexibility altogether for the Summer (i.e. no max free agent)
2. It's a classic case of "Are we close enough".

This is the type of move (adding veteran middle of the road players) to get you over the top to extend your bench. I don't believe we are close enough. If Denver is unable to trade these players, this same move could be available next trade deadline. After we sign a max free agent (Gordon Hayward) this offseason.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 08:59:17 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I don't see where Wilson Chandler's minutes are coming from with Jae Crowder and Jaylen Brown occupying the same space on the roster, and a logjam at guard making it hard for anyone to shift up a position. So while he's a good player he's not really a position of need, in my eyes.

I also don't care for Faried. He's an undersized 4 who doesn't play defense very well and can't shoot.

Not interested in these guys.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008