Author Topic: Mr. Invisible Thread  (Read 3111 times)

Mr. Invisible Thread
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:32:06 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

I thought I start a thread predicated on people in the NBA (players, coaches, staff) who are achieving great things but don't get any credit in the media or on this blog. Perhaps because they are in a small market or their teams are underachieving, they deserve some type of recognition.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 12:44:45 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: Mr. Invisible thread
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 12:40:58 AM »

• Bill Walton
I think Devin Booker is definitely Mr. Invisible at the moment as his team is rebuilding slowly and results haven't been good but he has been extraordinary since coming in the league. I remember during draft workouts I compared him to a Ray Allen and was lambasted for it haha, but he seems to be portraying all the same characteristics. He has already set multiple Suns records including most points in the 4th quarter with 28, and hold the NBA record for youngest player with consecutive 39 or more points in the regular season AND the youngest player to score at least 20 points in 16 consecutive games, Booker did it at 20 years, 97 days.

Re: Mr. Invisible Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:00:37 PM »

• Bill Walton
I definitely think Brett Brown belongs on here. I know Philly still have only won 26 games this season & I am not a 'process guy' but Brett Brown has been fantastic as a coach this season and deserves his dues. What he has got out of his squad of Embiid, Saric and misfits is remarkable and is a credit to his management abilities.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 07:05:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
-Garry Harris and Will Barton from the Nuggets

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:08:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I definitely think Brett Brown belongs on here. I know Philly still have only won 26 games this season & I am not a 'process guy' but Brett Brown has been fantastic as a coach this season and deserves his dues. What he has got out of his squad of Embiid, Saric and misfits is remarkable and is a credit to his management abilities.

I agree..  I thought Brown was going to be fire last year.. but good for the 76ers for sticking it out with him

Prior to Danny picking CBS as head coach, I remember Brown stating he was interested to become head coach of the Celtics...

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 07:32:00 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
TP for the thread idea.  When I saw the title I thought it was going to be similar to one I've been thinking of starting about "Disappearing Acts".  Yours is much more positive.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 07:51:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Yogi Ferrell has since cooled off a bit with Barea's return from injury, and I'm not sure he'll be the Mavs starting PG of the future.  But he went undrafted, signed a 10-day contract and has some spectacular games.  Signed a 2-year contract at the end of the 10-day and looks to be a legitimate NBA player.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Richaun Holmes is definitely one of those guys, often overshadowed by Okafor and Embiid, but has proven to be highly productive. At this point he is head and heals better than Okafor.

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 09:38:36 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
No LeBron, no Bosh and finally no Wade? No Justice as well - being that he's seemingly been injured most of the season.

No problem, says Eric Spoelstra. This man has cobbled together a feisty and competitive team that was once an unbelievable 11-30.

Now? They're 34-36 and was in SEVENTH place in the East just yesterday.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they played CLE 1st round? I think Whiteside would play his backside off in such a series. He's too much of a load for CLE frontline. He's legit.

But hats off to Coach Spo and his staff. He's a fine coach without any superstars it seems.