Author Topic: Why there isn't Celticsblog app on mobile?  (Read 2945 times)

Why there isn't Celticsblog app on mobile?
« on: February 11, 2017, 01:34:48 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Why there isn't Celticsblog app on mobile?

And will there be in the future?

Re: Why there isn't Celticsblog app on mobile?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 01:45:18 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=88973.msg2236971#msg2236971

I'm wondering too.  Plus FB link.   I think it would be hard to moderate, but would get more fans. 
Diggles

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 02:30:21 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
My question would be, why do you think there needs to be an app?

I'm of the opinion the app world is completely out of control.  It's like almost every website I visit has there own specific app, then I get the prompt "I see you're browsing on mobile, would you like to download our app."  This is ridiculous, there's no functionality lost when visiting through a mobile browser, I just want to read the articles/posts or watch videos, I don't need a specific app for every website I visit, your app adds nothing, that's what my mobile browser is for!

I browse this site on my phone all the time.  There's never been a time I thought this would be easier with an app.  I can browse the forum topics, navigate the pages, and give tommy points no problem.  Are you guys having a different experience?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
My question would be, why do you think there needs to be an app?

I'm of the opinion the app world is completely out of control.  It's like almost every website I visit has there own specific app, then I get the prompt "I see you're browsing on mobile, would you like to download our app."  This is ridiculous, there's no functionality lost when visiting through a mobile browser, I just want to read the articles/posts or watch videos, I don't need a specific app for every website I visit, your app adds nothing, that's what my mobile browser is for!

I browse this site on my phone all the time.  There's never been a time I thought this would be easier with an app.  I can browse the forum topics, navigate the pages, and give tommy points no problem.  Are you guys having a different experience?

I agree.

I find this website and forum really functional, and I just access it via chrome on my cell phone normally.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 03:45:01 PM »

Offline MasterEmile

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 46
I've been meaing to ask this question for a long time.
While I agree that checking a website on a browser is fine, it would be really nice if I have an app to check a website I've been seeing everyday since 2010.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 05:34:17 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

We can do all things on a browser, but i think it would be much easier on an app. It would look better and simpler. I'm on the forum at least 10 times a day so for me it would be better with an app

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 05:41:32 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
a little off topic, but is CB the only blog with a forum? I haven't seen another NBA sbnation blog with a forum.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 06:51:42 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
An app would be good so that I and others could comment during the game. I certainly don't run to my computer while the game is on but I always have my phone handy.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 07:03:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
a little off topic, but is CB the only blog with a forum? I haven't seen another NBA sbnation blog with a forum.

Celtics blog had a life before joining sbnation.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
An app would be good so that I and others could comment during the game. I certainly don't run to my computer while the game is on but I always have my phone handy.
You can still comment using a browser.  I bring my iPad with me to the TV room.

That said, I would hope an app could run faster.  CB has been really slow lately.