Author Topic: Fans take on George godfather offer (idea)  (Read 4064 times)

Re: Fans take on George godfather offer (idea)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 01:16:10 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
You're going to get hammered by the draft choice aficianados on this site who each year say that this coming draft is good but the one the following year is loaded, so for the little that it's worth, I'll give you some support. None of those three players mentioned will ever be a top ten player and what are the chances that one of the Nets picks becomes a top ten player,  less than 20% or 30%? I think that I'm actually being generous with that estimate. If you remember back to our original plan when we stripped down the franchise and basically tanked and wound up with Marcus Smart as our prize , it was to accumulate draft assets and not to exercise all those picks but to combine and move them for elite players. Only one of our 5 starters for most of the season is someone that we drafted, Bradley. George is 26 and makes a bargain $19.5 million next year. IMO if you get George, then it makes sense to trade for Ibaka with expiring(s) (AJ?) and a future #1. Next, go compete for the Eastern Conference title and possibly more. Yes, we would be thinner off the bench, but we would have Crowder as a super sub along with Olynyk, Rozier, Green, and Jerebko. Zizic will probably be here next season. 

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 03:19:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Rather get Melo for AB, JJ and AJ with non Nets picks.
STARTERS=IT, Brown, Crowder, Melo, Horford
BENCH=Rozier, Smart, Green, KO, Zeller.

Bring in Fultz, Yab and Zizic next year.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 04:36:13 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Rather get Melo for AB, JJ and AJ with non Nets picks.
STARTERS=IT, Brown, Crowder, Melo, Horford
BENCH=Rozier, Smart, Green, KO, Zeller.

Bring in Fultz, Yab and Zizic next year.

I would absolutely do that trade, Melo in BS system would be incredible.

However, I would prefer PG, but I would not give up  Brown, Smart, and both Brooklyn picks.  I would give up one of those picks and one of those players,  but Indy would probably hold out for more.   
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2017, 06:24:41 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Really simple,

If DA was to call Bird and lay it all out there Jaylen, Smart, Zeller and both Nets picks for George how would the fans react.

Its a lot to offer but would leave the Cs with a roster that would likely start IT, AB, PG, Amir and Horford with Crowder taking the role of super 30+mpg sub. Finishing lineup would see PG move to PF. This would also open up space for a potential buy out big man or Larry Sanders and a Nader or vet SF signing. The bench would still have KO, Rozier, and JJ.

The Pacers would hit the ground running with a rebuild. Adding Smart and Jaylen to Turner plus the Nets picks would make the Pacers a top team of the future. Bird is a proven strong drafter would could realistically build a power house in 5 years.
I don't see why the Celtics would need to give up both Brown and Smart and frankly that doesn't make sense from a team construction stand point.  Now if you kept the 18 BKN pick, I could see giving up both Smart and Brown, but there is no reason or need to give up all 4 of those assets. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 10:30:07 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
If George is on the table for picks and purgatory players you better make the deal.
IT, George, Horford, Crowder and your off to the races. Better players will sign here and your back in the game.

Talk of Development is a joke.

Your best 3 players were traded for or a free agent sign. Make the deal

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 10:33:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
PG13 struggled tonight.

13 points, 8 rebounds on 36% shooting.

Only had like 2 points and 2 rebounds the first half.

Pacers lost to the Bucks.

Look he's a great player and an all-star, but that proposed package for him? YIKES.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 10:45:51 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd be a bit upset, and I want us to go for a PG trade.

We should not give up both Brooklyn picks and Smart. I understand that it will cost them Jaylen and atleast one of them, but if we have to give up Smart as well as another, I'd be a bit disappointed.

Jaylen, a Brooklyn pick, one of our own, a second rounder or two, and one big (Zeller, Olynyk, Amir). That's the offer. I would go as far as to give up one of Jae Crowder/Marcus Smart too if needed, but no deal if it involves Jaylen, Smart and both picks. Because as Roy mentioned, this trade will make us thin, and we need to keep some assets for ourselves to surround this team with pieces.

I'd rather pass and pick Markelle Fultz/Lonzo Ball/Josh Jackson and see what they have.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace