Author Topic: Season Tickets Renewal - Ouch.  (Read 4330 times)

Season Tickets Renewal - Ouch.
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:40:45 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
My tickets went up another 11% for 2017-18, after a 5.5% increase this year. On the plus side, they're still cheaper than the (worse) seats that I had in my first season as a STH.

Mike

Re: Season Tickets Renewal - Ouch.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »

Offline gr33n

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
11% is more than our regular season increase, but we're in the balcony - where are yours?  Also - did your playoff strip have a HUGE spike?  Ours went way, way up.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'm sorry for you, but for non-attending fans (Spain is a bit far away from TD Garden) this may be good news. The ownership may be preparing to pay the luxury tax for upcoming years to contend for championships.

Always look on the bright side of life  :P

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 12:39:56 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
11% is more than our regular season increase, but we're in the balcony - where are yours?  Also - did your playoff strip have a HUGE spike?  Ours went way, way up.

I was just commenting to a buddy that playoff tickets are absurd this year. My round 1 cost is already double my regular season cost. I'm in sec 15.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 12:42:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

I was just commenting to a buddy that playoff tickets are absurd this year. My round 1 cost is already double my regular season cost. I'm in sec 15.

They're already collecting for IT's brink trucks

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 01:21:52 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906

I'm Loge 9 and my regular season tickets went from $90 per game to $100. I know people in Loge 6 who went from $75 to $85. Same $10 difference, but worse for them on a percentage basis.

Playoffs: My first round tickets are $115 each, versus the $90 regular season. Second round are $156 each.

Last year, my base tickets were $85 each and the first round of the playoffs was $95.

I don't remember what the year before was, but I do know that the first round (when we were wiped out by Cleveland) tickets were the same as the regular season tickets.

I can't complain about the first round's $25 premium. That seems fair. The second round is getting steep.

As for the season tickets, as I mentioned above, I'm still paying less than I did five years ago. That didn't stop me from calling my rep, however, and letting her know that I am displeased with the increase. If nobody says anything, they'll keep raising prices.

I have a good relationship with my rep and I think she does an excellent job, so I don't blame her. Still, they could have had better talking points ("It's a better product," "We're investing for the future," "We have a new training facility," etc.). She's obviously in a tough spot, since she has no choice but to defend the increase on behalf of the team. Still, I'd rather they just said, "Look, you got years of price decreases and still pay a significant discount to face. We would love to keep the price the same every year, but that just isn't realistic."

Having said that, as I've mentioned before, I think the STH reps do an excellent job and typically bend over backwards for me. We get a lot of cool "soft" benefits and they do have a good product. But I hope that the goodies continue when we start to win playoff series.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 02:01:38 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Disregard this, I didnt realize the total was for every game. My cost in round 1 went up $13 a ticket, not terrible at all for playoffs.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 11:06:08 AM »

Offline gr33n

• Open Roster Spot
We're in the balcony.  As half-season STH, here are the prices we have paid (per seat, per game) for playoffs in recent years past:

Round 1: $36
Round 2: $45
Round 3: $60
Round 4: $75
------------------
36+45+60+75 = $216

Round 1: $36
Round 2: $46
Round 3: $64
Round 4: $90
------------------
36+46+64+90 = $236 (+9.3%)

And this is what they're asking for now:
Round 1: $50
Round 2: $68
Round 3: $88
Round 4: $138
------------------
50+68+88+138 = $344 (+45.8%)

Our cost per seat per playoff game has increased 59.3% in two years.  We've got the money; it wouldn't be a huge burden on us.  I want to go to the games, but I'm sincerely considering NOT buying a playoff strip this year.  Someone else will buy the seats, I'm sure of it - the team won't lose out as a result of my personal "protest", but I just can't come to terms with that kind of inflation.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I'm sorry for you, but for non-attending fans (Spain is a bit far away from TD Garden) this may be good news. The ownership may be preparing to pay the luxury tax for upcoming years to contend for championships.

Always look on the bright side of life  :P

I'd like to believe this.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 01:16:15 PM »

Offline gr33n

• Open Roster Spot
I'd like to believe this.

Me too, but it's just not realistic.  We're currently, what?  $20M under lux tax?  22nd out of 30 in total salary?  We've got a long way to go.  http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/