Author Topic: I'm convinced Noel will be a Celtic shortly...  (Read 10180 times)

Re: I'm convinced Noel will be a Celtic shortly...
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Steve Kyler claims that Ibaka wants TOR and that BOS is more interested in a bigger star (Butler/George) rather than Ibaka and won't break up the current squad for marginal improvement.

Kyler is a New Yorker, and the Celtics are not on his wavelength. I don't know who Ibaka wants, and I doubt Kyler does.

Ainge may wish upon a star, but he may have to settle for the moon unless he wants to stay a bridesmaid forever. Fill that hole up front, Danny. And that's not a blank endorsement of Ibaka. I would imagine Toronto is getting pretty desperate right now, but the Celtics really aren't any closer to the Cavs. They are overmatched up front.

Kyler's a Floridian (Tampa) and tied into the Magic (Ibaka) more than any other team.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Steve Kyler claims that Ibaka wants TOR and that BOS is more interested in a bigger star (Butler/George) rather than Ibaka and won't break up the current squad for marginal improvement.
I expect the C's to focus on Butler and George until the last minute. If Ibaka is still available as the deadline creeps closer, I think the C's will become more serious about him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 05:25:49 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I expect the C's to focus on Butler and George until the last minute. If Ibaka is still available as the deadline creeps closer, I think the C's will become more serious about him.

Think TOR is a lot more desperate than we are. I don't see Ibaka here myself, but in Danny I trust.

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 09:53:38 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Think TOR is a lot more desperate than we are. I don't see Ibaka here myself, but in Danny I trust.

Orlando is playing Toronto vs Boston on Ibaka. Two competing teams who need another player.
Tonite, on that teenage Starters program on NBA TV, the kid from Toronto was playing up Ibaka to the Raptors. They feel the need more than the Celtics, having wasted $5M on Sullinger. I'm amazed at how the Celts just keep winning with what they have. One more big guy up front and they could become elite. Ibaka has 5 offensive rebounds tonite so far--he's playing, so nothing imminent on a trade. Grab this guy for a few months for a non Nets no.1, and leave your options open for next year, depending on how he fits.

The other holdup is Danny star gazing. He'll drop the shoe for Butler in a minute. Doubt Larry will trade George. He has no real reason to. This isn't McHale and KG. There, they had to unload KG because he wanted to win. Indiana has a decent young team, and Larry is a draft wizard. A basketball genius.

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Kyler is a New Yorker, and the Celtics are not on his wavelength. I don't know who Ibaka wants, and I doubt Kyler does.

Ainge may wish upon a star, but he may have to settle for the moon unless he wants to stay a bridesmaid forever. Fill that hole up front, Danny. And that's not a blank endorsement of Ibaka. I would imagine Toronto is getting pretty desperate right now, but the Celtics really aren't any closer to the Cavs. They are overmatched up front.

Kyler's a Floridian (Tampa) and tied into the Magic (Ibaka) more than any other team.

Kyler is a Knicks lover from way back. His rumors website must be NY based (a lot of the sports internet is NY based, like the TV networks). I used to read it, and it was always highlighting the Knicks. Doubt he was born in Florida, though he may have inside info on Magic if he's now living in Tampa. Common knowledge Ibaka's on the block.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Of this I am certain - Philly has ZERO interest in helping the Celtics get better.  If Danny wants Noel its going to have to happen via free agency.

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2017, 10:21:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I hope so because Celtics need a freakin' rebounder and a rim protector, so they can slide Al Horford to PF.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 10:50:58 PM »

Offline Rainmaker

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • The Truth
Yeah. Given this board's tepid past, I'm not buying into the Legend of Zizic.

Translated: "I haven't bothered to do any of my own research on this subject so I'll stick with my usual MO of peeing all over everything"

Riiiight.

This board has never, ever thoroughly overrated anyone before.

Not once.

This board actually has a well established pattern of hating,debating, trading and degrading,
long before we are loving and then overrating. But what do you expect from fanboys with hoop dreams.  We are tailgating bandwagoners of the illest proportions.

But every so once in a while, someone says something that makes sense.... :angel:

Love never fails. Character never quits. And with patience and persistence, dreams do come true.
-Pistol Pete Maravich-

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Of this I am certain - Philly has ZERO interest in helping the Celtics get better.  If Danny wants Noel its going to have to happen via free agency.

Philly has ZERO interest in helping anyone "get better". It just comes down to the GM getting the best return for a guy that clearly wants out..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 11:24:31 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Translated: "I haven't bothered to do any of my own research on this subject so I'll stick with my usual MO of peeing all over everything"

Riiiight.

This board has never, ever thoroughly overrated anyone before.

Not once.

Outside of maybe a two minute youtube clip, I doubt you even know a fragment of information about what Zizic could be like compared to Noel.

Well done for being a wet towel for the sake of it though.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2017, 11:33:27 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Other opinions aside, how do you predict Zizic will fare in the NBA?  I haven't seen much of him, but wouldn't you expect him to stick as a rotation guy with his size, athleticism, and success in Turkey at such a young age?

You won't get a thoughtful answer to that question. It's much easier to wave around lazy, nonspecific characterizations of what "this board" has gotten wrong.

(Aside: tepid means "unenthusiastic," which makes zero sense given the rest of the comment. How is it "unenthusiastic" to "buy into a legend" or "thoroughly overrate" players? Isn't that being overly enthusiastic?)

As far as Zizic goes, we have some independent support for the idea that he has promise:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-ante-zizic-guerschon-yabusele-carmelo-anthony/1kiivyhdzmzd31t0o9d4imaldn

This is in addition to his performance against high-level Euro competition, which appears promising too.

No way to know how things will go from here on out, but I think Zizic would almost certainly go higher in a 2016 re-draft, and it doesn't seem crazy to think he's at least a backup center in the NBA. Possibly better.

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2017, 11:40:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I also think Noel to the Cs make sense

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 12:05:36 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Other opinions aside, how do you predict Zizic will fare in the NBA?  I haven't seen much of him, but wouldn't you expect him to stick as a rotation guy with his size, athleticism, and success in Turkey at such a young age?

You won't get a thoughtful answer to that question. It's much easier to wave around lazy, nonspecific characterizations of what "this board" has gotten wrong.

(Aside: tepid means "unenthusiastic," which makes zero sense given the rest of the comment. How is it "unenthusiastic" to "buy into a legend" or "thoroughly overrate" players? Isn't that being overly enthusiastic?)

As far as Zizic goes, we have some independent support for the idea that he has promise:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-ante-zizic-guerschon-yabusele-carmelo-anthony/1kiivyhdzmzd31t0o9d4imaldn

This is in addition to his performance against high-level Euro competition, which appears promising too.

No way to know how things will go from here on out, but I think Zizic would almost certainly go higher in a 2016 re-draft, and it doesn't seem crazy to think he's at least a backup center in the NBA. Possibly better.
Good points on zizic bb. My concerns on his game is that he seems to play almost exclusively under the basket. In THAT sense he is the anti-olly. No three point or mid range game right now.

How will CBS use him on offense? Pick and roll seems to be a strength. Aside from that, I am not sure.

I like zizic, but he seems to the type of traditional center that might have trouble in CBS offenses.

But then again, CBS may once again amaze me and figure out a solution to this.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 12:13:56 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Tepid, of course, also means lukewarm, which could be extended to mean mediocre.  In context, this is what was intended (given the poster's history, this should be taken as a compliment).  It's poor usage, I readily admit, but not nonsensical (double negative intentional, nota bene).

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 12:17:23 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I worry more about defense than offense. Stevens has found useful offensive roles for a lot of players. Defense is the issue I think, and I don't think we really know anything about his aptitude there, except that he has good physical tools.

I wish those highlight videos had more on the defensive side of things. Or like the DE vids they showed weaknesses too.