Author Topic: Griffin trade to Boston proposed by Ringer's O'Connor  (Read 2661 times)

Griffin trade to Boston proposed by Ringer's O'Connor
« on: February 09, 2017, 03:10:42 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
https://theringer.com/los-angeles-clippers-carmelo-anthony-blake-griffin-6af81123cba5#.y3lq6a33p

"Los Angeles gets: Carmelo Anthony, Avery Bradley

New York gets: Amir Johnson, Jamal Crawford, 2018 unprotected Celtics first-round pick, 2018 protected Grizzlies first (via Boston), 2019 unprotected Clippers first

Boston gets: Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce"

I would like this...although I don't think Doc does this...perhaps a few more losses might make him think long and hard about it.

Re: Griffin trade to Boston proposed by Ringer's O'Connor
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 03:14:29 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
https://theringer.com/los-angeles-clippers-carmelo-anthony-blake-griffin-6af81123cba5#.y3lq6a33p

New York gets: Amir Johnson, Jamal Crawford, 2018 unprotected Celtics first-round pick, 2018 protected Grizzlies first (via Boston), 2019 unprotected Clippers first

I would like this...although I don't think Doc does this.
This is a pretty terrible trade.  NY gets way too much.  LA is taken over a barrel.  The Boston portion is reasonable enough, though I would expect Blake would take more than Bradley and some likely late 1st's (maybe if the 2018 is the BKN pick and not the BOS pick it would make more sense).  So make that the BKN 18 and send it to LA and not NY, and the trade wouldn't be so laughable.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

3-way Griffin-Melo-Bradley trade idea from the Ringer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 03:23:46 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
https://theringer.com/

Has anybody seen this from the Ringer? Came out 7 hrs ago.

Proposed deal: Griffin-Pierce to Boston, Melo-Bradley to LAC, Knicks get Crawford, a bunch of 1sts from Boston--not Nets picks.

Looks good from Boston standpoint--if Griffin can be signed.

[Delete this. Already a topic. Just saw it.]

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:31:31 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell

I would like this...although I don't think Doc does this.
This is a pretty terrible trade.  NY gets way too much.  LA is taken over a barrel.  The Boston portion is reasonable enough, though I would expect Blake would take more than Bradley and some likely late 1st's (maybe if the 2018 is the BKN pick and not the BOS pick it would make more sense).  So make that the BKN 18 and send it to LA and not NY, and the trade wouldn't be so laughable.

I just started a thread on the same topic, then saw this. I added a note to delete the thread.
Is there a way to do that? I see it's been switched to this thread--the previous post.

This looks like a decent deal for the Celtics, provided the Nets18 pick isn't involved, and Griffin can be  signed.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:50:56 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
Memphis pick via Boston is 2019 at the earliest (and likely, given the current standings), and the Clippers pick in 2019 is heavily protected and owned by Boston.

That said, Moranis is right. Sounds too much for the Knicks for a guy they just want to get rid of. For an expiring like Griffin, I think it is fair value Melo and Bradley, even a lot. For us, Bradley and two unprotected firsts for a rental make it difficult to swallow. Bradley can be used in summer for a better trade or kept, although if we draft a guard he is seen as the odd man out.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 03:55:22 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I mean LAC probably do need more here. They lose Crawford and gain Bradley which is a plus but they lose Griffin for Anthony which is a big time downgrade. They need more in this, we probably need to give up more and NY get a little too much but can't argue too much.

Agree with the poster above that a Nets pick probably has to go to the Clippers

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 04:27:37 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Have the LAC pick go back to LA instead of NYK and that evens things out a bit. We can even include a Mickey/Young type player if that helps at all (I know, it probably doesn't).

People are saying that LAC are getting screwed, but Griffin is a FA - if he hasn't absolutely committed to LA, then now would be the time to cash in. Doc would LOVE to have Bradley and Carmelo is still a very good player locked up for a couple of more years.

Frankly, he is more on Chris Paul's timeline than Griffin.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
So, Boston gets Griffin and Pierce and gives up Bradley, C's '18, Memphis and Clip picks?

Sounds good to me.  It's Bradley for Griffin.  Pierce could be more productive over the next 4 months than any of those picks turn out to be.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
More than Melo is worth, but I like the return for us, assuming he is willing to resign. It is a minimal cost move I can see from Ainge's perspective
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 05:55:54 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Im sure Doc wouldn't mind Melo.
He is still quite productive for his age and still has about 3 good yrs ahead of him before he fades. The question really is how sure are they that Blake stays 100%...because a lot of teams will line up for his services and should he explore free agency then anythin happens then...just look at KD.