Author Topic: WOJ : Boston in pursuit to engage trade talks about Butler and George  (Read 17492 times)

Re: WOJ : Boston in pursuit to engage trade talks about Butler and George
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
I don't see why Anthony would necessarily preclude George or Butler. 

I mean if you can get Anthony for something Amir, Zeller, Young, plus some future 1st (like Boston 2019).  You could then acquire George or Butler with Crowder, Brown, Jerekbo, and one of the BKN picks (and other 1st's as required).  Other players in both tradess added in coming to Boston to help fill out the roster

So trade with Indy for George
Crowder, Brown, Jerekbo, BOS 17, BOS 18 for George, Seraphin

So trade with NY for Anthony
Johnson, Zeller, Young, BOS 19 for Anthony, Plumlee, Vujacic

So post-trades (1 open roster spot and still having BKN 18, MEM, LAC picks)

PG - Thomas, Rozier, Jackson
SG - Bradley, Smart, Vujacic
SF - George, Green
PF - Anthony, Olynyk, Mickey
C - Horford, Seraphin, Plumlee

We wouldn't ever be able to get a rebound, but man we could score the ball. Also with adding George we would be even deadlier defensively.

I just think we would need a 1st big off the bench that is great at rebounding so that we can slide him in for Anthony when other teams start to feast on us.
Anthony is arguably a better rebounder than Amir at this point in their careers.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Even if they don't end up on the Celts, I'd love to see George and Butler get traded just because the teams they are on now are so boring.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 04:55:32 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I'm sure Danny makes his bi-annual phone calls about AD and other top players too, just to check the temperature and value of players.
You never know what players think. Some should be traded but don't leave (Cousins). Some should stay but leave (Durant).
I'm all for George. He'll be a hell of an upgrade for us. Specially during Playoff, this guy is a beast.

AD is a player that you give both Brooklyn picks and Jaylen for.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 04:57:17 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Who wouldn't love George, but Indiana is not really in a bad position where they should deal him.

They're 29-22 right now, on pace for 47 wins, plus they're on a 7 game win streak.  They're a combined 6-0 against Cleveland, Houston, LAC, and OKC (but 0-5 against GS, Boston, Utah and have yet to play Toronto, SA, or Memphis).

They took #2 Toronto to 7 games in the playoffs last year, you could argue they may have been a play or two away from the ECF last year.  Similar thing with George before his injury, they were a play or two away from reaching the Finals.

Right now, Indiana could still win 50 games and is a threat to make the ECF as long as they have George.  Plus Myles Turner looks legit.  They can reasonable be a 50+ win team the next few years just by continuing to build around George/Turner.

Sure I'd love for Indiana to blow it up, I'm just not sure why they would.  They're a good team, with a 26 year old superstar and a 20 year old rising star that's already winning games.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 04:58:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Even if they don't end up on the Celts, I'd love to see George and Butler get traded just because the teams they are on now are so boring.

The pacers are actually getting it together right now it would appear with some top level wins. Good gauge game tonight also.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

The pacers are actually getting it together right now it would appear with some top level wins. Good gauge game tonight also.

Doesn't mean I feel like watching them.  Just not that jazzed to watch Teague - GR3 - George - Young - Turner.

Their bench is even less appealing ... Stuckey, Ellis, Miles, Jefferson, Seraphin. 

"Meh" City.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 05:05:46 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Not sure if Butler is worth it without an additional move for a big. George on the other hand can at least theoretically play the small ball 4.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 05:07:01 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Let's get both.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes YES!

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 05:14:12 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Hey it's the annual Danny Ainge "We we're so close" trade leak to Woj, you could pretty much set your calendar to it.

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 05:14:44 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I mean if you can get Anthony for something Amir, Zeller, Young, plus some future 1st (like Boston 2019).  You could then acquire George or Butler with Crowder, Brown, Jerekbo, and one of the BKN picks (and other 1st's as required).  Other players in both tradess added in coming to Boston to help fill out the roster

SF - George, Green

You can't trade consecutive firsts and you are sending BOS 17, BOS 18 and BOS 19.

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 05:16:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

SF - George, Green

You can't trade consecutive firsts and you are sending BOS 17, BOS 18 and BOS 19.
You need to maintain 1 first every other year

In 18 we have 2, so we can trade Boston 17,18,19
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 05:17:55 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

SF - George, Green

I'm pretty sure having the Bkn 18 pick makes that ok. You must have a pick, but it does not have to be your own.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Honestly I'd love to hear peoples opinions,

You're Larry Bird, you have Paul George a borderline superstar, who from all accounts wants to stay. Danny Ainge rings offering you the number 1 pick and some talented players...what would you do if you were him?

(Please remove green goggles haha)

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 05:32:04 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Honestly I'd love to hear peoples opinions,

You're Larry Bird, you have Paul George a borderline superstar, who from all accounts wants to stay. Danny Ainge rings offering you the number 1 pick and some talented players...what would you do if you were him?

(Please remove green goggles haha)

I wouldn't trade him until his contract is up and he has give me signs he is not wiling to resign. Nobody actually does know what George would do when he becomes a free agent.

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 05:34:33 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

SF - George, Green

We wouldn't ever be able to get a rebound, but man we could score the ball. Also with adding George we would be even deadlier defensively.

I just think we would need a 1st big off the bench that is great at rebounding so that we can slide him in for Anthony when other teams start to feast on us.
Anthony is arguably a better rebounder than Amir at this point in their careers.

Fair point. However if our goal is to improve our rebounding, im not sure our goal should be "better than amir" haha.
#JKJB