Author Topic: Isola: James is pushing Cleveland to trade Love for Melo  (Read 10082 times)

Isola: James is pushing Cleveland to trade Love for Melo
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:55:44 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/828781601303703553/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LeBron is reportedly pushing the Cavs to trade for Carmelo

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/06/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-carmelo-anthony-kevin-love-trade?xid=socialflow_twitter_si

LeBron James has been pushing for the Cavaliers to trade for Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, even if they must give up Kevin Love in exchange, reports Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.

Anthony has been the subject of trade rumors in advance of the Feb. 23 NBA trade deadline. The Knicks have reportedly inquired with the Cavaliers, Clippers and Celtics about their interest in trading for Anthony.

The Cavaliers reportedly rejected the Knicks' previous trade offer, but James has reportedly been lobbying for the deal to get done. Outwardly, he has been vocal in his support of his friend Anthony's happiness, no matter where he plays.

"I just want the best for my friend, no matter what it is," James told reporters in Cleveland on Friday. "If [Anthony's] there in New York or if not, I just want the best for him. I want him to be happy."

Anthony would need to waive his no trade clause in order for a trade to be completed.

This is significant for us, because we're the most likely landing spot for Love if he's part of the Anthony deal. The Knicks have no long-term interest in Love being a Knick, and we have the assets that they want for him.

Keep an eye out for this deal to potentially go through, especially with as crappy as the Cavs have been playing lately. A loss to the Wiz tonight might push James over the edge and demand that the Cavs make that trade.

On a side note - I think the Cavs are a significantly worse team with Melo than Love. Love is the better player at this point in time, and in my opinion he brings more to the table than Melo.

Re: Isola: James is pushing Cleveland to trade Love for Melo
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 08:59:48 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
yeah i don't get why the cave would do that other than to just keep lebron happy

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what would we give NY for Love?

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 09:04:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Why would he push for Melo unless he knows something we don't know?

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 09:07:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Why would he push for Melo unless he knows something we don't know?

I think he just has a warped view of what the team needs, along with Melo being more of a "banana boat buddy" than Love.

I don't really see any sensible argument that they're better with Melo than with Love, but James certainly might think so.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 09:08:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Yeah, that'd be the issue. Not sure what he'd command either in a three-way trade or a separate trade with New York alone.

I know they covet Crowder, but he has to be off the table in a Love trade to cover for Love's defense. I also don't see the 2017 Brooklyn pick being part of it, but perhaps the 2018 pick is in play.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 09:13:57 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I wonder if Lebron realizes that the NBA won't change the rules. There will still be only one basketball on the court at any given time.  ;D
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 09:14:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yeah, that'd be the issue. Not sure what he'd command either in a three-way trade or a separate trade with New York alone.

I know they covet Crowder, but he has to be off the table in a Love trade to cover for Love's defense. I also don't see the 2017 Brooklyn pick being part of it, but perhaps the 2018 pick is in play.

trading Crowder to a conference rival is bad juju, don't do it. Trading either of the two remaining BKN picks is bad juju, don't do it.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
so much Love is untouchable

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 09:15:22 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

This opens up a real possibility of a 3 way deal with Love coming to Boston. James usually gets his way, Love is loved by Danny, and Phil loves those Celtics draft picks.

Make it happen.

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 09:17:35 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
First Lebron wanted them to trade Wiggins for Love, now he wants them to trade Love for Melo? That's ridiculous. If I'm Cleveland, I put my for down. Keep the 28 year old all star locked up for the next few years.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 09:28:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
David Aldridge saying the opposite. Of course, Aldridge isn't necessarily all that plugged in, and he's not necessarily a reliable person either, not that Isola of NY is any better.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/828790700925915136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

FWIW: league source pushes back on report re: LeBron James wanting Carmelo Anthony even if it includes Kevin Love: "totally untrue."

Not sure what to believe at the moment. Perhaps Phil is trying to put pressure on Danny or the Clips by leaking something like this? Maybe. But Lebron has been pretty vocal about his displeasure with the team lately, and that would be right up his alley to demand something as silly as this.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 09:57:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fake news

;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 10:02:48 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'd consider Crowder. If Jaylen Brown is what the Celtics think he is, Crowder's days of starting are numbered. And if the C's are starting Love and Horford up front, Crowder's value as a small 4 is lessened. Sure, he'd be a nice player, but if the C's can land an All Star and he's the biggest loss, it's a no-brainer.

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 10:09:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'd consider Crowder. If Jaylen Brown is what the Celtics think he is, Crowder's days of starting are numbered. And if the C's are starting Love and Horford up front, Crowder's value as a small 4 is lessened. Sure, he'd be a nice player, but if the C's can land an All Star and he's the biggest loss, it's a no-brainer.
Edit: wrong thread.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.