Author Topic: Vlade Divac: Cousins Will NOT Be Traded Before February 23 (ESPN Report)  (Read 2607 times)

Re: Vlade Divac: Cousins Will NOT Be Traded Before February 23 (ESPN Report)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
From what I've heard from the guys who really know what they're talking about (Lowe, Pelton, Simmons, Bulpett, etc.) the 2017 Pick is not going anywhere. Thankfully, it sounds like Danny's not moving it. That means no Boogie...even if Sacramento comes to its senses.

And it could ultimately be for the best. I certainly would want him here, but he's definitely not without significant risk. There's no guarantee that he buys into the system, and he'd cost a ton to get. And I have SERIOUS worries about the defensive fit of Boogie and Al in the frontcourt, so it's not like it was a perfect fit all around.

With the Cavs/Anthony/Love drama and the potential for an Ibaka or Milsap trade and/or free agent signing, I think there's probably better options elsewhere that make  more sense for both the short-term and long-term.

I'm getting to to the point where I want one of these "bargain stars" (Millsap, Ibaka, Anthony) just to field a decent team now. I'd probably even be fine with a bad contract. Meanwhile, we make the picks and build to really contend in the post-LeBron era. The distance the Nets have put between themselves and the rest of the bottom-feeders has changed our outlook a lot.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 11:14:54 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
This all probably because of that win vs GS the other day.

"See, I told you we were a championship caliber team!" -Vlade and Vivek

I'm guessing this is closer to the truth than anyone would really want to admit. You should've seen Vivek afterwards. He was shaking hands and celebrating like they just won a playoff series or something.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 11:19:02 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
From what I've heard from the guys who really know what they're talking about (Lowe, Pelton, Simmons, Bulpett, etc.) the 2017 Pick is not going anywhere. Thankfully, it sounds like Danny's not moving it. That means no Boogie...even if Sacramento comes to its senses.

And it could ultimately be for the best. I certainly would want him here, but he's definitely not without significant risk. There's no guarantee that he buys into the system, and he'd cost a ton to get. And I have SERIOUS worries about the defensive fit of Boogie and Al in the frontcourt, so it's not like it was a perfect fit all around.

With the Cavs/Anthony/Love drama and the potential for an Ibaka or Milsap trade and/or free agent signing, I think there's probably better options elsewhere that make  more sense for both the short-term and long-term.

I'm getting to to the point where I want one of these "bargain stars" (Millsap, Ibaka, Anthony) just to field a decent team now. I'd probably even be fine with a bad contract. Meanwhile, we make the picks and build to really contend in the post-LeBron era. The distance the Nets have put between themselves and the rest of the bottom-feeders has changed our outlook a lot.

Yeah, and I mean, honestly, at the right price is there really any downside to that route? Both Ibaka and Milsap would put us right there at the threshold of true contention for a couple of years, while still allowing us to build toward the future with the young core and the Brooklyn picks.

If you had your choice and could pick between Ibaka or Milsap at the same trade price, who would you choose? I'm still team Ibaka, whose better shooting would be about as perfect of an all-around fit here as you can get.