Author Topic: Young and Jackson FOR Ajinca  (Read 2918 times)

Young and Jackson FOR Ajinca
« on: February 06, 2017, 05:39:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Young is gone anyway and Jackson is simply NOT developing int he D-League!

Ajinca is a GREAT rebounder and a decent shot blocker.  He can give you around 10 rebounds IF he can play 30 minutes.

Besides, IF New Orleans trades Jrue, they might want to see if they can develop Demetrius!!

Thoughts?

Ajinca is owed around 5 million next year and 5 million the following year.

He could be our cheaper version of Biyombo!!!

Smitty77

P.S.  We also clear a roster spot.

Re: Young and Jackson FOR Ajinca
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 05:45:01 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
You might want to cool your jets there, friend. Ajinca isn't great at anything which is why he's played for 4 teams and never averaged 7 points or 5 boards a game in any season. While I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to this deal there's no way that he's going to step in and play 30 mpg for this team. He'll be lucky to get the 13.2 mpg he's averaged for his career.

He's a toss-in, a player to be named later, a back-of-the-bench guy and not someone who is going to solve any real issues with the current squad.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 05:58:27 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
No. It implies we won't have space to sign a max FA in summer.

Then, if we can't add Millsap or Hayward, Jackson and Mickey for Ajinça could be an option.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 06:00:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
You might want to cool your jets there, friend. Ajinca isn't great at anything which is why he's played for 4 teams and never averaged 7 points or 5 boards a game in any season. While I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to this deal there's no way that he's going to step in and play 30 mpg for this team. He'll be lucky to get the 13.2 mpg he's averaged for his career.

He's a toss-in, a player to be named later, a back-of-the-bench guy and not someone who is going to solve any real issues with the current squad.

If he gets traded to the 76ers there is at least a 50% chance he gets waived. They have no use for him with Embiid, Noel and Holmes.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

If he gets traded to the 76ers there is at least a 50% chance he gets waived. They have no use for him with Embiid, Noel and Holmes.
hes got 2.5 years left on that contract.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 06:31:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'm thinking DA does nothing to inhibit the opportunity to sign a major star .  Has all guns loaded to go . Waiting and Waiting

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 07:04:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

hes got 2.5 years left on that contract.

If he were an expiring, there'd be a 95% chance.  I think 50% is a little high, but I'd be a bit surprised if he makes it through the summer if he winds up in Philly.  Mostly depends on whether they retain Noel or not.  There are still only so many roster spots, and Philly could have two top 7 picks this draft.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
D-Jax may be the best player in that deal, so no.

Not sure why Pels would do this either.  In any case, they would rather have Okafor than a bucket of bolts.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 07:36:27 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
D-Jax may be the best player in that deal, so no.

Not sure why Pels would do this either.  In any case, they would rather have Okafor than a bucket of bolts.

DJax is TERRIBLE EVEN in the NBA D-League!!!!!  He has not matured AT ALL!!!!  I NEVER understood what Danny saw in him to give him like 4 years of guaranteed money!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

You might want to COOL you jets Granath:-))  It really humors me that MANY really and truly think we are signing a FA to a max deal in the off-season!!!!!  Chances are maybe 5% that we do and 95% that we do NOT!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 08:14:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think this move makes no sense, he does help us that much. you must be his number one fan.

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 08:34:12 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not seeing the point of this proposal.  Ajinca sucks or he'd be getting time in NO.   trading Young and Jackson isn't a loss for us but Ajinca provides little playing value and his contract cuts into the cap for a couple of years which doesn't help us. 

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Ajinca is a GREAT rebounder and a decent shot blocker.  He can give you around 10 rebounds IF he can play 30 minutes.

Besides, IF New Orleans trades Jrue, they might want to see if they can develop Demetrius!!

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Ajinca's rebound rate is worse than KO's

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 09:03:29 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

You might want to COOL you jets Granath:-))  It really humors me that MANY really and truly think we are signing a FA to a max deal in the off-season!!!!!  Chances are maybe 5% that we do and 95% that we do NOT!!!!

Smitty77

It's interesting that you quoted me yet I never said or implied any such thing about FAs. Did you get me confused with someone else? I don't ride the "hope for a FA" train.

I'm not worried about a max FA this offseason (though didn't you say the same thing last year?). I'm sure more guys than this will get max money but to me the list of guys who deserve it is pretty small. Since I don't expect Curry or Lowry to go anywhere, that means Durant, Griffin, Paul and Hayward are worth max money in my book. I wouldn't give the max to Millsap (age), Holiday (game), Gasol (age) or other guys like that.

Now of the guys who deserve it, I'd take out Paul because with IT we don't need him. That leaves Durant, Griffin and Hayward. The odds of any one of those guys switching teams isn't all that great and thus the odds of them coming to Boston are slim. I'm not sure I'd give the number 5% but I don't think it's higher than 15 or 20%. So playing the odds, we probably won't be taking on a max contract next off-season. In that I agree with you.

However, that doesn't mean I think it's a good idea to take on salary for a back-of-the-bench player. Cap space is like anything other finite resource and thus it shouldn't be wasted. I think we can do better and I think we will do better. It probably won't be a max guy. But I think the team will bring in guys who can contribute better than Ajinca.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 10:18:54 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Ajinca's rebound rate is worse than KO's

Please fill me in on HOW that is possible!!!!  Ajinca is averaging 4.3 rebounds in ONLY 14.1 minutes and KO is averaging 4.5 rebounds in 21 minutes.

Thanks,

Smitty77