Author Topic: Please Danny- Trade for Pierce  (Read 2178 times)

Please Danny- Trade for Pierce
« on: February 05, 2017, 01:39:54 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
I really, really want to see Pierce play one last game as a Celtic. Trade James Young or some end of the bench guy for him. Sure, he may be retiring as a Celtic on an honorary contract, but seeing him play as a Celtic would be amazing. Plus, he'd be a perfect mentor for guys such as Jaylen and Marcus. Do the right thing, Danny.

Re: Please Danny- Trade for Pierce
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 01:46:25 PM »

Offline JaylenBrown7

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'd like to see him train with paul pierce, jaylen is pretty professinal getting up at 4:30 every morning to shoot around but pierce could learn him so much more. This thread might get hate for even considering cutting young for PP whos on his last year. Let's face it, james young is a bust and not an NBA player I'd like to see ainge get pierce as a mentor for the younger guys and the team as a whole.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 01:46:47 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I thought about this, too. I'd love this.

I have no idea about how Danny would pull this off, but the safe bet is that The Captain is done.

So many great memories with this guy.

He stayed the course with BOS - never complained...stayed classy - even up to 2007 which was a crossroads for this franchise.

Great Player, period - and a Celtics Legend.

My gut feeling is that if he played in the 80s BOS "MAY" have won just as many banners with him in there in place of Larry - and this is no offense at all to Larry Legend.

C - Chief
PF - McHale
SF - Paul
SG- Danny
PG - DJ

Sorry to get off track but so many memories with Paul atm.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 01:54:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I have no idea about how Danny would pull this off, but the safe bet is that The Captain is done.

He stayed the course with BOS - never complained...stayed classy - even up to 2007 which was a crossroads for this franchise.

My gut feeling is that if he played in the 80s BOS "MAY" have won just as many banners with him in there in place of Larry - and this is no offense at all to Larry Legend.

C - Chief
PF - McHale
SF - Paul
SG- Danny
PG - DJ

I love Pierce but he just was never in Bird's class as a player. Bird WAS those 80s teams. Without Bird, even replaced by Pierce, the Cs just don't win as much.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 01:57:51 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
I'd like to see him train with paul pierce, jaylen is pretty professinal getting up at 4:30 every morning to shoot around but pierce could learn him so much more. This thread might get hate for even considering cutting young for PP whos on his last year. Let's face it, james young is a bust and not an NBA player I'd like to see ainge get pierce as a mentor for the younger guys and the team as a whole.

Yeah, I think Jaylen is the future of this franchise and has sky high potential. But to be able to learn from one of the all-time greats at the SF position, he would benefit greatly.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

C - Chief
PF - McHale
SF - Paul
SG- Danny
PG - DJ

I love Pierce but he just was never in Bird's class as a player. Bird WAS those 80s teams. Without Bird, even replaced by Pierce, the Cs just don't win as much.

I see your point....just getting nostalgic with Pierce.

It would be VERY interesting to see, though...Paul may not have been as brilliant a passer as Larry, but he was nearly as good a scorer.

He was no slouch in the passing department, either.

Just imagine PP34 with "THOSE" weapons at his disposal - Chief and McHale. Additionally, PP34 was a great shooter from deep too..very similar to Larry.

Once PP34 got some weapons in BOS with Ray and KG his skills shone through.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 02:16:39 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I really, really want to see Pierce play one last game as a Celtic. Trade James Young or some end of the bench guy for him. Sure, he may be retiring as a Celtic on an honorary contract, but seeing him play as a Celtic would be amazing. Plus, he'd be a perfect mentor for guys such as Jaylen and Marcus. Do the right thing, Danny.

The right thing is to keep winning and that means NOT trading for PP. Pierce simply isn't an effective player anymore. He may play well today out of emotion but this is a guy who is averaging 4ppg and has played only 12 games this year. He's done.

To acquire him you'd have to trade Young and at least Demetrius Jackson or Gerald Green to get the salaries to match. No thanks. No need. Nostalgia doesn't win games.

PP will end his career as a Celtic. He'll sign a 1 day contract and that will be the end of it. The last thing I want to see in the Garden is a 39 year old PP who no longer has any of the skills that once made him great, sitting on the end of the bench because he's not an effective player.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
Gerald Green, James Young, and Cleveland 2nd rounder for Paul Pierce. 

We could use him... You see that three at the end of the game?  Nuthin but net.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 04:50:12 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
No trade. Let him come coach for us next year.

That ending was perfect.

Mike

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 04:51:01 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Gerald Green, James Young, and Cleveland 2nd rounder for Paul Pierce. 

We could use him... You see that three at the end of the game?  Nuthin but net.

No. Sentimentality is nice but put down the fanboy glasses. Pierce is done. Scalabrine can still hit a wide open 3. Do you want him back too?

Green is better than Pierce and actually has contributed off the bench this year. Young may be a waste but still may not be much different than PP at this stage. If we're including those two guys then the Clips are sending us something back and not the other way around.

Moreover, I don't think I want him back on this team. We have such good memories of PP and he went out still being a very effective player. Having him on the end of the bench the last two months of his career is not how I want to see his final days in green.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 05:02:51 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
We just had the PERFECT ending...we should let Pierce go quietly into the night.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Love to have him on our bench as a coach .....teaching Brown .... ;D  ;D  ;D

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
It's a shame his contract is too much to just throw a conditional second round pick at the Clippers. Maybe the Clippers buy him out?