Author Topic: Clippers (31-19) at Celtics (32-18) Game #51 2/5/17  (Read 34595 times)

Re: Clippers (31-19) at Celtics (32-18) Game #51 2/5/17
« Reply #375 on: February 05, 2017, 05:53:29 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I watched a lot of PP college games. Not a Kanas fan....just to  watch Pierce .....I thought he was amazing then.  And hoped Celtics would draft him.  I was ecstatic when they did.

C's were lucky there were 8 Stupid teams drafting ahead of them.

Pierce was drafted 10th.

Dirk and Vince Carter were both drafted before him so it appears there will be 3 HOFers from the top 10 of draft class. Thus if you want there were 7 stupid teams who drafted prior to the Cs.

Dirk was traded for Tractor Traylor on draft day. What an awful trade!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:40:08 PM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #376 on: February 05, 2017, 05:54:49 PM »

Offline DesertCeltFan

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
Ughhh Hubie Brown.

Hubie Brown - all time worst Celtic-Hater -  Brown is always not just rooting but cheering for the opposition.

I get Tommy and Mike on my league pass feed, but stuck with network announcers on national games. TNT guys usually OK.  I can barely tolerate van Gundy.  But Hubie is cringe-worthy - I can't help to curse him out... >:(

« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2017, 06:03:04 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Ughhh Hubie Brown.

Hubie Brown - all time worst Celtic-Hater -  Brown is always not just rooting but cheering for the opposition.

I get Tommy and Mike on my league pass feed, but stuck with network announcers on national games. TNT guys usually OK.  I can barely tolerate van Gundy.  But Hubie is cringe-worthy - I can't help to curse him out... >:(

Offtopic completely. But I have to vent this, Austin Carr is the worst announcer. He is the worst.

« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2017, 06:08:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Ughhh Hubie Brown.

Don't agree. He was very complimentary of Cs the last two games he announced.  Quite fair in my view. Not sure what he said made you feel that way.

« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2017, 06:38:32 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Hubie seems fair enough---he just has his "style" of broadcasting...and that is to beat the statistic sheet into submission during the game--"He's shooting 36% on 3 pointers this year" blah blah blah.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2017, 09:04:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Ughhh Hubie Brown.

My problem with him isn't his bias. I don't think he's biased at all, really. My problem is that he has no idea what he's talking about. He obviously understands strategy and X's and O's quite well, but he knows nothing about the current NBA. His commentary is typically a constant stream of wrong.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #381 on: February 05, 2017, 09:37:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ughhh Hubie Brown.

My problem with him isn't his bias. I don't think he's biased at all, really. My problem is that he has no idea what he's talking about. He obviously understands strategy and X's and O's quite well, but he knows nothing about the current NBA. His commentary is typically a constant stream of wrong.

He is a scatter brain ...looney toon.

« Reply #382 on: February 05, 2017, 10:11:19 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Ughhh Hubie Brown.

TP. Brown was awful on the calls today.

He may know Xs and Os. He may know statistics. But he doesn't know the players and that's what really matters. IMO when an announcer continually gets the pronunciation of names wrong it shows they don't put much time into their craft.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #383 on: February 06, 2017, 10:19:12 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
So I was there yesterday afternoon... and my god was it emotional. I thought they were going to stiff us like the did in KG's last game and not sub Pierce back in. I have no idea how Al hit the second free throw, it was absolute madness when he got up and walked over to the scorer's table. You would have thought we just won Banner 18 when he hit that 3... It was so [dang] loud in there. And even after the game, no one would leave until Paul left. It was unbelievable. I'm still trying to process witnessing this a day later. When he kissed the parquet... that moment will stick with me for the rest of my life, right with KG waving during his final Gino Time. We are spoiled fans.

« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2017, 11:03:46 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Ughhh Hubie Brown.

Do what I do. Watch the network broadcast and listen to Grande and Max on the League Pass audio feed, which is available even during video blackout.

Learned it from my old man, who listened to Johnny Most on the radio and watched on TV.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.