Author Topic: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread  (Read 113826 times)

Re: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2018, 11:53:44 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hawks will draft Doncic per rumors

If he falls to 3 sure.

Most reports now are indicating that Ayton is going 1 & Bagley 2 so....
First Bagley signs with Puma, then he comes out as a fan of Sacramento? Who is this guy?!

Ha! Certainly an interesting cat, that's for sure.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: Doncic officially declaring for 2018 Draft
« Reply #361 on: June 20, 2018, 11:56:19 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Draft trade idea from the ringer:

"A three-way trade with Boston and Memphis
Celtics receive: no. 2 pick
Grizzlies receive: no. 27 pick, 2019 Clippers pick (lottery protected), 2019 Kings pick (top-1 protected), 2019 Grizzlies pick
Kings receive: no. 4 pick, Terry Rozier"

I love this trade.

I like it as well, but then does Danny take Doncic or the coveted big in Bamba??

My two favorite players at the top are Bamba and Doncic....But there are mocks with Bamba as far down as 9, and mocks with Doncic as low as 5, though most have him between 2 and 4.

So, I think the Celtics give up too much in this trade.  Mainly due to the Sac. pick, which I"m counting on being between 2 and 4 next year.

Even if the Kings have the absolute worst record next year, there’s a 48% chance that pick winds up at #5 and only a 38% chance it winds up 2-4 (and, in this scenario, a 14% chance it winds up in Philly).  You really shouldn’t count on it being in the 2-4 range.

« Reply #362 on: June 20, 2018, 11:57:09 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

If he falls to 3 sure.

First Bagley signs with Puma, then he comes out as a fan of Sacramento? Who is this guy?!

Puns are lurking everywhere... 😸

« Reply #363 on: June 20, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Grizzlies receive: no. 27 pick, 2019 Clippers pick (lottery protected), 2019 Kings pick (top-1 protected), 2019 Grizzlies pick

I love this trade.

I like it as well, but then does Danny take Doncic or the coveted big in Bamba??

My two favorite players at the top are Bamba and Doncic....But there are mocks with Bamba as far down as 9, and mocks with Doncic as low as 5, though most have him between 2 and 4.

So, I think the Celtics give up too much in this trade.  Mainly due to the Sac. pick, which I"m counting on being between 2 and 4 next year.

Even if the Kings have the absolute worst record next year, there’s a 48% chance that pick winds up at #5 and only a 38% chance it winds up 2-4 (and, in this scenario, a 14% chance it winds up in Philly).  You really shouldn’t count on it being in the 2-4 range.

I'm okay with 2-5...
what is the percentage on 2-5?  I don't know how to combine the other percentages you gave...thanks and TP.

« Reply #364 on: June 20, 2018, 12:08:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

If he falls to 3 sure.

Puns are lurking everywhere... 😸

I guess you could say the cats out the bag?  :-X :-\
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #365 on: June 20, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I love this trade.

I'm okay with 2-5...
what is the percentage on 2-5?  I don't know how to combine the other percentages you gave...thanks and TP.

If the Kings have the worst record, 2-5 is 86%.  I think the Kings will be bad, but worst overall is far from guaranteed.  If they’re the 3rd-worst, for example, 2-5 is 53%

« Reply #366 on: June 20, 2018, 12:18:39 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I love this trade.

I'm okay with 2-5...

If the Kings have the worst record, 2-5 is 86%.  I think the Kings will be bad, but worst overall is far from guaranteed.  If they’re the 3rd-worst, for example, 2-5 is 53%

Can we put more protections already on a protected pick?  Lol For example we trade the Kings pick, but add 2-5 protections for us, and if it falls in that range the receiving team gets something else.

« Reply #367 on: June 20, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I love this trade.

I'm okay with 2-5...

Can we put more protections already on a protected pick?  Lol For example we trade the Kings pick, but add 2-5 protections for us, and if it falls in that range the receiving team gets something else.

No, we can only put protections on unprotected picks that we acquire.

« Reply #368 on: June 20, 2018, 12:43:58 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I love this trade.

I'm okay with 2-5...

Thanks.  It was a neat idea while it lasted.

« Reply #369 on: June 20, 2018, 12:53:21 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

I love this trade.

I'm okay with 2-5...

Thanks.  It was a neat idea while it lasted.

I had a question in a similar vein...but not benefitting the Celtics...to make the Sac pick more desirable.  If the Sac pick lands at one and we get Philly's pick instead, can the team we traded the Sac pick to be granted the Memphis pick instead?  (instead of having to take the lowly Philly pick)
I'm going to guess yes.

« Reply #370 on: June 20, 2018, 02:37:05 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

If he falls to 3 sure.

I dont follow the reports, nor do I put much stock in them. But if he falls, Hawks drafting him is a no brainer IMO. I've been to Hawks fans forums and they really like the idea.

« Reply #371 on: June 27, 2018, 07:28:18 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald

« Reply #372 on: July 05, 2018, 11:10:32 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

IG link

So basically this is the Mavericks best attempt at re-creating White Men Can't Jump?  :angel: ;D

Going to be fun watching these two play. DSJ needed to be surrounded next to another scorer. Barnes is too iso happy, needs someone that can spot up, and make smart decisions against the defense.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #373 on: July 06, 2018, 11:51:41 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald