Author Topic: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread  (Read 114732 times)

Luka Doncic
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2018, 11:56:21 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Luka Doncic is the reigning MVP of the Euroleague at 19 years old. The ringer, as well as Celtics blog, believe he should be the number 1 pick.
Here are some articles on his potential

https://www.theringer.com/2017/7/20/16077958/nba-draft-luka-doncic-real-madrid-f534e7428bf6

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/18/17367118/luka-doncic-euroleague-final-four

Ainge loves the oversea's picks and has the stability within the franchise and assets to take a risk.

I am asking if you think it is a possibility Ainge trades up for him. If Ainge thinks he is a superstar then why not?

You would have  the same starting lineup of
Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
 With Doncic as your 6th man off the bench.
This helps us contend now while still building long term.

You get your young new big 3 of Brown, Doncic, and Tatum

Doncic can handle when Kyrie is on the bench.
It keeps us under the cap as it saves money instead of signing smart.
It also gives the Celtics a backup ball handler if Kyrie is seriously considering leaving. ( I don't think he is but better safe than sorry)

I'm not saying this is what the Celtics should do but perhaps examine this as a possible path.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Luka Doncic
« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2018, 11:58:13 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I love me some Luka Doncic, but there is a year-long running thread stickied at the top of the draft board about him.  I don’t think we need another thread — it’s not like he’s LeBron.   ;)

Re: Doncic officially declaring for 2018 Draft
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2018, 02:15:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Draft trade idea from the ringer:

"A three-way trade with Boston and Memphis
Celtics receive: no. 2 pick
Grizzlies receive: no. 27 pick, 2019 Clippers pick (lottery protected), 2019 Kings pick (top-1 protected), 2019 Grizzlies pick
Kings receive: no. 4 pick, Terry Rozier"

I love this trade.

« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2018, 02:27:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Grizzlies receive: no. 27 pick, 2019 Clippers pick (lottery protected), 2019 Kings pick (top-1 protected), 2019 Grizzlies pick

I love this trade.

I like Terry Rozier too much to wish the Sacramento Kings on him.

« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I love this trade.

Terry could take all the shots he wants and be the man. They probably give him a Max contract next year.

« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2018, 02:43:18 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I love this trade.

That’s really putting all our eggs (good picks) in 1 basket.  With a trade like this we better hope Doncic is a perennial all star.

« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2018, 02:46:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I love this trade.

That’s really putting all our eggs (good picks) in 1 basket.  With a trade like this we better hope Doncic is a perennial all star.

He looks like the perfect space and pace player. If Evan Turner can look good in Brad's system this kid is going to be an all star in it.

« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I love this trade.

I don't see Rozier as a major piece for a lot of teams looking to trade a top 5 pick.

That being said, I can see why SAC wants to trade out of #2. I think they need to hit on a "safe" top pick. If Ayton is gone, I'd almost rather pick Jaren Jackson or one of the Bridges and acquire another valuable pick/player over Doncic.

I'm still not convinced about Doncic. People were telling me last year that Lonzo Ball was an amazing/can't miss playmaker, but I didn't really see it in the UCLA games I've watched. I'm sure Magic wishes he had the safer player in Jayson Tatum right now.

I've seen Doncic highlights but I haven't seen anything crazy athletic. He's clearly skilled, but I'm missing the "wow" part of his game. Maybe he is the safe player, just like Jayson Tatum. I'm just not convinced as of now.

« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I love this trade.

with a trade like that, are we certain Danny is gunning for Doncic?  seems like the closest to a can't miss in the draft but we're already pretty loaded at the wing position.  would he be looking at a big to fill where we're thin on the roster? 

« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2018, 04:39:11 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I love this trade.

with a trade like that, are we certain Danny is gunning for Doncic?  seems like the closest to a can't miss in the draft but we're already pretty loaded at the wing position.  would he be looking at a big to fill where we're thin on the roster?

I’m not sure what to think.  The Kings and Grizzlies picks separately by themselves could turn out to be just as good a pick/talent we find in the draft.  It seems like an oversell. 

« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2018, 04:42:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'm still not convinced about Doncic. People were telling me last year that Lonzo Ball was an amazing/can't miss playmaker, but I didn't really see it in the UCLA games I've watched. I'm sure Magic wishes he had the safer player in Jayson Tatum right now.

I would take everything with a grain of caution regarding the draft and that is true of most blogs or bloggers.   Are any of us pro scouts that just happen to post here?   Fact of the matter is scouts get it wrong quite a bit.   We all fall in love with guys and have irrational exuberance about our guys.

« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2018, 04:52:22 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
They said Darko Millicic would be a "cant miss player"..for every Dirk Nowitzki, u have 10 Darko..so i pass on these overseas guys
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2018, 05:13:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I love this trade.

Wait, hold on - I thought you said that Doncic had Hall of Fame potential, so why, then, would you not be willing to move Rozier, etc., for the guy?

« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2018, 05:18:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
They said Darko Millicic would be a "cant miss player"..for every Dirk Nowitzki, u have 10 Darko..so i pass on these overseas guys

I don't recall anyone saying Darko was can't miss. Did they? Was he even a top ten prospect in that draft?

« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2018, 05:20:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I love this trade.

Wait, hold on - I thought you said that Doncic had Hall of Fame potential, so why, then, would you not be willing to move Rozier, etc., for the guy?

Because I like Terry Rozier and hate the Kings.  There are only a few players I despise so much that I would wish them the Kings.  I would do this trade if we replaced Sacramento with Phoenix and moved up to #1 for Doncic.  Just don’t want Terry (or Luka) to go to Sacramento.