Author Topic: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread  (Read 113790 times)

Re: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 17, 2017, 06:53:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I love Doncic. Think he has the most all around talent of anyone that will be drafted next year. People want a shooter and scorer coming off the bench...Doncic could be 6th Man of the Year in his first year. He has that type of talent that is ready right now.

« Reply #226 on: November 17, 2017, 06:58:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I love Doncic. Think he has the most all around talent of anyone that will be drafted next year. People want a shooter and scorer coming off the bench...Doncic could be 6th Man of the Year in his first year. He has that type of talent that is ready right now.

too slow

6th man of the year in his first year? ?  ;D

« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2017, 07:02:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

too slow

He's not too slow. And in Brad's system with Doncic being a 50/40/90 quality shooter straight from the start, yeah, as a rookie he could do 15ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg and be a real candidate for 6th man right away.

« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2017, 11:08:39 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Pass on Doncic

Praying for bagley jr or bamba

Im weary of Ayton work ethic
Astute analysis.  You make a compelling point.

« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2017, 08:56:40 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

too slow

He's not too slow. And in Brad's system with Doncic being a 50/40/90 quality shooter straight from the start, yeah, as a rookie he could do 15ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg and be a real candidate for 6th man right away.
He's averaging a little better than that right now. What makes you think he can put up those kind of numbers on a loaded, championship contending team? I know he may likely replace Marcus Smart's minutes (if we get lucky with the LAL pick) but he would still have to beat out Rozier for minutes.

« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2017, 09:07:44 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

too slow

He's averaging a little better than that right now. What makes you think he can put up those kind of numbers on a loaded, championship contending team? I know he may likely replace Marcus Smart's minutes (if we get lucky with the LAL pick) but he would still have to beat out Rozier for minutes.

He would beat out Rozier for minutes, and it wouldn’t be close.  He’s at 20/6.5/4 in 26 minutes a game.  He’s also 18.  Yes, the NBA is more difficult than Europe, but if Tatum can come in and put up 14/6 making a much further jump from college to the NBA, after having gone for 17/7 in college, there’s no reason Doncic can’t do the same.  We saw how he played for Slovenia vs. Spain, when he was the best player on the court with both Gasols, Rubio, and Dragic.  (Not saying that he’s better than all of them, just that he was that game).  If there were no age limit, he’d be in the NBA today, getting a lot of minutes on any team in the league.

He’s the most NBA-ready prospect in at least a decade.  I can’t wait to see how he does next year, and I hope he’s wearing green.

« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2017, 09:31:47 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

too slow

He would beat out Rozier for minutes, and it wouldn’t be close.  He’s at 20/6.5/4 in 26 minutes a game.  He’s also 18.  Yes, the NBA is more difficult than Europe, but if Tatum can come in and put up 14/6 making a much further jump from college to the NBA, after having gone for 17/7 in college, there’s no reason Doncic can’t do the same.  We saw how he played for Slovenia vs. Spain, when he was the best player on the court with both Gasols, Rubio, and Dragic.  (Not saying that he’s better than all of them, just that he was that game).  If there were no age limit, he’d be in the NBA today, getting a lot of minutes on any team in the league.

He’s the most NBA-ready prospect in at least a decade.  I can’t wait to see how he does next year, and I hope he’s wearing green.
I just don't see him being able to guard smaller, quicker players, like Rozier and Smart can/do.
Doncic will be 19, not to nitpick, in 3 months. I also think this roster is too deep for Doncic to make as a significant contribution on as some think he may. I would go in another direction (Bagley, Ayton, Bamba), depending on whether the pick conveys and if it does, it's slot number.
Don't get me wrong, I've been a Doncic fan for 2 years running.

« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2017, 10:50:06 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

too slow

I just don't see him being able to guard smaller, quicker players, like Rozier and Smart can/do.
Doncic will be 19, not to nitpick, in 3 months. I also think this roster is too deep for Doncic to make as a significant contribution on as some think he may. I would go in another direction (Bagley, Ayton, Bamba), depending on whether the pick conveys and if it does, it's slot number.
Don't get me wrong, I've been a Doncic fan for 2 years running.

Doncic is 6' 8", 230 lbs (and probably going to grow a little more).   He's not going to play the 1 or 2 like Rozier.  He's going to play the 2 or 3.   So I'm not really expecting him to be facing up the Kyrie Irvings and the Isaiah Thomas' of the NBA.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Watched him against Panathinaikos, looked good although they lost the game, might post more in the euroleague thread later

« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2017, 10:31:56 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=91&seasoncode=E2017#!videos

Fantastic in the win vs Barcelona. Watch at 00:52 a full court shot... And at 01:25 a fabulous crossover.

« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2017, 10:45:24 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
He is incredible.  I just recently jumped in on the Luka Doncic bandwagon.  Personally I prefer Bagley and Ayton for the Celtics but I recognize that Doncic is an esquisite talent.  I’ve said this before:  in his prime, he could be the most skilled player in the NBA

« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2017, 10:48:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Love Luka. If the Cs got the chance to draft him and let go,of Smart, I think for a few years Luka could have a Manu Ginobelli effect for these Celtics. I think Doncic is easily the most NBA ready player in this draft and could easily be ROY. And on Boston maybe Sixth Man of the Year as well. Kid has an incredible future in this league.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:06:00 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2017, 10:51:19 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=91&seasoncode=E2017#!videos

Fantastic in the win vs Barcelona. Watch at 00:52 a full court shot... And at 01:25 a fabulous crossover.

That crossover was amazing.  Didn't just break the guys ankles, but blew out the guys acl's as well.

« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:22 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Yes! I was yearning for this thread when someone made the" Ayton final piece" post. This draft looks exciting to say the least, let's hope we get a crack at it!

I'm a huge Bagley fan, (mostly because of John) :) , but OP sold me on Doncic a long time ago.

Kid looks legit
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2017, 11:59:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He reminds me of Jimmer Fredette with 4 extra inches and a bit more athleticism. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC