Author Topic: Celtics - Bulls - 76er trade idea. (based on a Bulls/76er rumor)  (Read 6513 times)

Celtics - Bulls - 76er trade idea. (based on a Bulls/76er rumor)
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:29:52 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Saw this today where the Bulls are interested in Okafor

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-bulls-have-inquired-about-sixers-center-jahlil-okafor-151651495.html

Celtics get Butler
76ers get Smart
Bulls get Okafor, Crowder, Zeller and 2018 Nets 

(plus the Celtics can add 2nd rounder to either team to sweeten the deal)

Re: Celtics - Bulls - 76er trade idea. (based on a Bulls/76er rumor)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:32:30 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Saw this today where the Bulls are interested in Okafor

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-bulls-have-inquired-about-sixers-center-jahlil-okafor-151651495.html

Celtics get Butler
76ers get Smart
Bulls get Okafor, Crowder, Zeller and 2018 Nets 

(plus the Celtics can add 2nd rounder to either team to sweeten the deal)

Pass on trading Smart. Replace Smart with Bradley maybe. I don't like trading Crowder either. Actually not the 2018 Nets pick either. I am jumping off this proposal. No thanks.

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 01:35:13 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I don't like that trade at all. I think that if Celtics fans are patient (why not be patient- Golden State and Cleveland will be tearing up the league for the next 4+ years), they mind have their own Butler in Jaylen Brown.

I like Jimmy Butler. I like having multiple chances of drafting studs (given our time frame) more.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think Smart, Crowder and the 2018 Nets pick is too much for a player who doesn't rise us above Cleveland. I understand some people would pull the trigger, but I'd pass.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 01:56:06 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Crowder alone is worth Jimmy Butler straight up. Nevermind a potential 1st pick and Smart.

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Assuming AB is healthy when this deal is made, it's not a horrible deal like most proposals here.  Hate to give up that 2018 AND Smart with Crowder.  Would leave our depth at the 1-3 spots as Rozier, Brown and Jackson.  not the greatest and you're looking at killing our cap situation as soon as IT and AB come up for their contracts since you don't have enough depth behind them currently to fill their slots should you let them go.

Also 1 man thinner on the front court depth chart without replacing Zeller.  Leaves us relying on the health of Amir and KO for the rest of the year.

If this move is a proposal to get us better positioned for next year, I'd understand the motive better.  Bringing in Zizic and Yabu to provide depth and possibly Nader (if they can all translate their non-NBA success into NBA quality play).  Add the Nets pick this year and a decent, cheap vet for depth, we may be pretty good next year.

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 02:14:05 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Crowder alone is worth Jimmy Butler straight up. Nevermind a potential 1st pick and Smart.
this is just nonsense.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 02:20:46 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
this is just nonsense.

There's a whole lot of that in this thread.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 02:27:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
this is just nonsense.

If most of these people had their way, we would have a team of Anthony Davis, Greek Freak, Lebron James, Russell Westbrook and Blake Griffin... 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 02:49:08 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
The best/most realistic trade for the Celtics is:
Bradley, Brown, Zeller, and Grizzlies Pick for Butler.

They get established starting talent in Bradley, young and upcoming talent in Brown, an expiring deal in Zeller, and a pick with the opportunity to be a lottery pick. That's everything you want in a trade for a star and in return we get to keep our depth on the roster, both our Brooklyn Picks which are another way for us to add another star, and add a player that is one of the best 2 way players in the league.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 02:59:16 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

They get established starting talent in Bradley, young and upcoming talent in Brown, an expiring deal in Zeller, and a pick with the opportunity to be a lottery pick. That's everything you want in a trade for a star and in return we get to keep our depth on the roster, both our Brooklyn Picks which are another way for us to add another star, and add a player that is one of the best 2 way players in the league.
Chicago will not trade Butler to Boston unless it gets at least 2 of the following: BKN 17, BKN 18, Brown

Boston has to give up at least 2 of its 3 best assets or it won't acquire Butler and that really is the bottomline. 

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 03:26:04 PM »

Offline Bostonborn62

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Hustle like Cowens or have a seat
Butler for AB, Memphis pic, KO, Zeller, fillers... no more than that, def NO Brown or Brooklyn 2017-18 pics. Fact is: we ain't beating GS or Cleveland ANY TIME SOON. If you think we are, YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. Now if we got Butler AND Cousins, then we would be in contention for a Title but we all know that ain't happening.   

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 03:54:18 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Chicago will not trade Butler to Boston unless it gets at least 2 of the following: BKN 17, BKN 18, Brown

Boston has to give up at least 2 of its 3 best assets or it won't acquire Butler and that really is the bottomline.

If you're rigjt (and I don't think you are), it would only be because Chicago's FO is very stupid.

I wouldnt touch the proposed deal.  We need a big, and Butler continues to build his rep as a locker room cancer. He's also just a rich man's Crowder.  And we still wouldn't be contenders.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 03:59:57 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

If you're rigjt (and I don't think you are), it would only be because Chicago's FO is very stupid.

I wouldnt touch the proposed deal.  We need a big, and Butler continues to build his rep as a locker room cancer. He's also just a rich man's Crowder.  And we still wouldn't be contenders.
I'm sure if Bradley was included you could probably eliminate Brown or the BKN 18, but not the BKN 17.  That appears to be the reason Butler isn't a Celtic right now.

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 04:08:54 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
this is just nonsense.

If most of these people had their way, we would have a team of Anthony Davis, Greek Freak, Lebron James, Russell Westbrook and Blake Griffin...

First nobody said that, second at least that team could bring us a ring