Author Topic: The left has gone tyrannical  (Read 975 times)

The left has gone tyrannical
« on: February 02, 2017, 09:23:47 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1110
OK.. yea.. so for people not paying attention, the left wing has completely flipped the heck out. In a not at all isolated incident for anyone tracking these events, many conservatives / Trump supporters got the crap kicked out of them last night at this event at Berkeley because they wanted to hear a speaker that the left disagrees with.

You've lost all credibility calling the other side Nazis, or calling Milo supporters Fascists, if you're outside beating people up because they have a different opinion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l2TkEqnp-2w

Re: The left has gone tyrannical
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:26:13 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 107
OK.. yea.. so for people not paying attention, the left wing has completely flipped the heck out. In a not at all isolated incident for anyone tracking these events, many conservatives / Trump supporters got the crap kicked out of them last night at this event at Berkeley because they wanted to hear a speaker that the left disagrees with.

You've lost all credibility calling the other side Nazis, or calling Milo supporters Fascists, if you're outside beating people up because they have a different opinion.

Like when the right burned effigies of Barack Obama in '09? Or when there was a town that showed Obama hanging from a tree? There are idiots on all sides of the political spectrum.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 09:27:14 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 696
I will denounce violence at such a protest.

But I will not let it distract from a President who himself incited violence throughout his campaign, a far worse crime than bottom up protests. These are not equal; both should be addressed, but given their due weight.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 09:29:27 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1439
  • bammokja

The left, inspire of the beliefs of people, is not monolithic. Nor, in the US is it unified.

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 696
Also, tyrannical is just about the opposite descriptor of this event.

Tyrannical would imply top-down oppression. This is not that. "[Some] on the left have gone violent" would be more accurate.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 09:32:47 AM »

Offline gift

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 121
I am concerned that Trump is the bait and our reaction to him is the trap.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 09:32:57 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 260
  • Truth Juice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwnlsNFXIY

I go on Facebook not just to see what my cousin posts daily. Nothing short of hilarious.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:04:28 AM by TheTruthFot18 »
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 09:39:19 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwnlsNFXIY

I go on Facebook not just to see what my cousin posts daily. Never short of hilarious.

I saw that. Utter hypocrisy.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 09:40:51 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
Also, tyrannical is just about the opposite descriptor of this event.

Tyrannical would imply top-down oppression. This is not that. "[Some] on the left have gone violent" would be more accurate.

Are you familiar with the AntiFa?

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders

Like when the right burned effigies of Barack Obama in '09? Or when there was a town that showed Obama hanging from a tree? There are idiots on all sides of the political spectrum.

Straw man.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 09:59:59 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 739
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

The left and the right both have crazy people on the far end of the political spectrum. Most people on the left denounce violence like this just as they denounced the rioting and destruction of property at Trump's inauguration.

Stuff like this really bothers me, because it completely undermines everything the left is trying to do and plays into the hands of the fox news personalities who love to talk about how terrible the left is.

Please don't judge by what a bunch of violent jerks do and I won't judge you by what a bunch of racists do. The left needs to make a better effort to not p--- off the right, because if we are to make it through Trump we need to make the right see how he's not good for either of us.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 10:10:01 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 260
  • Truth Juice

The left and the right both have crazy people on the far end of the political spectrum. Most people on the left denounce violence like this just as they denounced the rioting and destruction of property at Trump's inauguration.

Stuff like this really bothers me, because it completely undermines everything the left is trying to do and plays into the hands of the fox news personalities who love to talk about how terrible the left is.

Please don't judge by what a bunch of violent jerks do and I won't judge you by what a bunch of racists do. The left needs to make a better effort to not p--- off the right, because if we are to make it through Trump we need to make the right see how he's not good for either of us.

The problem is everyone but you does this. All those post election attack stories made it seem like the county was going into chaos. Rightfully so. However, many of those stories ended up being false but the media rode their narrative until the very end regarding racial violence.

It got so bad that people literally retaliated against innocent Trump supporters because they believed fake stories meant to rile them up.

Just to keep it fair, it wasn't right for Fox news and others to assume the attacker in Quebec was "of Moroccan descent". The news is waaay more concerned about being the first to report a story rather than being accurate. Sad.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 10:27:38 AM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 65
I would suggest that the mods just go ahead and lock this thread now before it devolves into an ugly, name-calling argument.  Nothing good will come of this thread.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 10:31:52 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Honestly, who cares... let these idiots keep thinking they even have a say in anything the country decides to do. The illusion of choice helps them in thinking they are not already in hell.

It's ridiculous, this truly is the land of opportunity when you can attain the most powerful position in the world by spending money and bickering with other idiots for a couple of months, like I said it's too easy (see Trump, Kanye wanting a shot)  Anointing leaders for displaying such unremarkable feats in a "campaign"... you have to laugh at how serious we take ourselves and this country when it's literally a Donkey show.