Author Topic: The President Trump Thread  (Read 127602 times)

Re: The President Trump Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2017, 12:10:20 PM »

Online triboy16f

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 458
In the meanwhile, this just happened:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/a-full-transcript-of-donald-trumps-black-history-month-1791871370

... and also, this just happened:

http://time.com/4658012/donald-trump-national-prayer-breakfast-transcript/

I don't even know what to say at this stage.

I thought Elysium and Hunger Games were just movies...

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2017, 12:11:33 PM »

Online triboy16f

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 458
I agree that the deal brokered by the Obama admin with Austrailia ...is a bad deal... The way he is freaking out though is not necessary...

Just say no without the tweeting and embarressing others
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 12:17:55 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2017, 12:25:33 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
  • Truth Juice

U.S. military probing more possible civilian deaths in Yemen raid (Including 1 American Citizen)

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15G5RX

I will be anxiously awaiting a Bengazi level inquiry. Now, only 1 american child died, so maybe only 1/4 of the effort, but still, will be waiting.

How is this even related to Bengazi? Because Americans and Muslims were in a firefight? That's the only similarity I see. Or did I miss where an embassy got overrun and actual innocent AMericans died. I might have missed that.

And was the civilian killed the child of Al-Awaki? Please.

Feel bad for the SEAL, feel bad for the actual innocent civilians. Don't make this into a story it is not.

This is also what happens when you take the fight to a cowardly enemy who hides with/among civilians. The difference between us and them is they target civilians while we only target the enemy. 
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2017, 12:26:10 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice
In the meanwhile, this just happened:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/a-full-transcript-of-donald-trumps-black-history-month-1791871370

... and also, this just happened:

http://time.com/4658012/donald-trump-national-prayer-breakfast-transcript/

I don't even know what to say at this stage.

I thought Elysium and Hunger Games were just movies...

They were.

What's your point?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2017, 12:46:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2390
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

U.S. military probing more possible civilian deaths in Yemen raid (Including 1 American Citizen)

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

I will be anxiously awaiting a Bengazi level inquiry. Now, only 1 american child died, so maybe only 1/4 of the effort, but still, will be waiting.

I'm reluctant to jump on Trump for this, because failed operations are going to happen and I don't want to mirror the hysteria around Benghazi. The "go after their families" campaign rhetoric makes it look especially bad, but this poor girl's brother was also killed by drone under Obama, so it's not like this sort of thing is new, sadly.

To me, the bigger story is that multiple military sources with knowledge of the operation appear to be throwing Trump's team under the bus and suggesting they are incompetent and cost lives by rushing a dubious operation. Between that and the leaks about his phone calls with Mexico + Australia, it seems like an awful lot of high-level people are freaking out about how he's doing his job right now. In most administrations some leaks are deliberate, but this is so negative and abnormal that it seems like people using the media to draw attention to extremely alarming behavior.

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »

Offline wiley

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 225

How is this even related to Bengazi? Because Americans and Muslims were in a firefight? That's the only similarity I see. Or did I miss where an embassy got overrun and actual innocent AMericans died. I might have missed that.

Feel bad for the SEAL, feel bad for the actual innocent civilians. Don't make this into a story it is not.

This is also what happens when you take the fight to a cowardly enemy who hides with/among civilians. The difference between us and them is they target civilians while we only target the enemy.

That's true of our military.  Is it true of Trump/Bannon?  Or was Trump just being overly dramatic when he said during the campaign to take out their families too? 

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2017, 01:01:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett

Semi-related, but just today, on Tillerson's first day, we loosened the sanctions against Russia to allow certain transactions with the FSB (former KGB)

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/cyber_gl1.pdf

After reading up on this, this is true but appears to be a pre-planned change due to an unforseen consequence of the sanctions. Basically imports of IT equipment were supposed to still be legal, but Russia requires them to go through the FSB, which meant the sanctions prohibited any American from selling IT to any Russian market. Fair enough.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 01:29:36 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2017, 01:07:34 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 706

Wow. I wish I had your concrete sense of right and wrong, would make life easier. There were several civilian deaths during a mission based on bad and incomplete intel.

The 8 yo girl who died, was actually a US citizen. 8 yo US citizen. Something about not suffering the crimes of your fathers, etc.

Then the Seal.

What were the Bengazi investigations really about? Ignoring requests for more security? Seems like here we have an incursion that was described by the military itself as unprepared, poor intelligence, that ended in: 8 yo US citizen, Navy seal, and civilian casualties. I would want to know: Why was this ordered if there was poor intel and poor preparation, and the military leaders knew there was poor intel and preparation? That Seal and his family deserve to know why this mission was ordered to go ahead.

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice
I'm reluctant to jump on Trump for this, because failed operations are going to happen and I don't want to mirror the hysteria around Benghazi. The "go after their families" campaign rhetoric makes it look especially bad, but this poor girl's brother was also killed by drone under Obama, so it's not like this sort of thing is new, sadly.

It is if you're A fan from VT

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2017, 01:19:57 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice

Look at the first group and then look at the second group. What's the difference? If you really can't tell, you're beyond saving.

I'll hold your hand...

The banned countries are active warzones where ISIS or ALQaida operate. Or some off shoot of those two. The last is Iran: state sponsor of terrorism.

The non-banned countries are functioning economies where war is not over taking the land. Are they necessarily free and democratic nations, no, but who are we to judge now?

What would banning non existent refugees from rich middle eastern nations do? These countries don't even allow in refugees.

Take off your tin foil hat. Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams.

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen

Hated it then, hate it now. Fine with at least 1 Benghazi inquiry if it had been at all about trying to prevent it from happening in the future. If it were anything except political, I would expect the same level of scrutiny to something like this. Unfortunately, it is/was purely political.

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2017, 01:28:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett

Respectfully, please don't use my comments to support taking a shot at another poster. An 8 year old girl is still dead from US military action, an American girl to boot, and that's a tragedy to be regretted no matter who her father was. We don't get to pick our parents.

« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2017, 01:29:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 5174

Look at the first group and then look at the second group. What's the difference? If you really can't tell, you're beyond saving.

I'll hold your hand...

The banned countries are active warzones where ISIS or ALQaida operate. Or some off shoot of those two. The last is Iran: state sponsor of terrorism.

The non-banned countries are functioning economies where war is not over taking the land. Are they necessarily free and democratic nations, no, but who are we to judge now?

What would banning non existent refugees from rich middle eastern nations do? These countries don't even allow in refugees.

Its this type of responses that are against the CE rules and gets these threads locked. Lets keep it civil and respectful

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2017, 01:30:18 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Truth Juice

I'll hold your hand...

its this type of respinses that are against the CE rules and gets these threads locked. Lets keep it civil and respectful

I'm trying to get us off the conspiracy theories and back on topic.