Author Topic: The President Trump Thread  (Read 120099 times)

Re: The President Trump Thread
« Reply #2940 on: August 18, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 70
Steve Bannon out according to NYT

Apparently he offered his resignation Aug 7

Speculation he was one of the leakers....
Good.  A person like that NEVER should have been so close to the leader of the free world.

I wonder if he resigned or if he "resigned".  Speculation was that President Trump was afraid to fire him.  It should be interesting to see if any issues arise from this.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #2941 on: August 18, 2017, 01:13:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2294
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

This to me is one of the weirdest stories. This announcement along with his weird "somewhere on the record" phone call with that relatively small publication...I'm absolutely not making the dumb assumption that Bannon doesn't have a plan. I just cannot fathom what it is.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2942 on: August 18, 2017, 01:24:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1155

Good.  A person like that NEVER should have been so close to the leader of the free world.

I wonder if he resigned or if he "resigned".  Speculation was that President Trump was afraid to fire him.  It should be interesting to see if any issues arise from this.
I read two things today:

1. Bannon couldn't get in Trump's ear anyhow (over family members), and
2. He was let go upon Kelly's review of his position.

I've to no idea what's going on on the Hill right now. I'm afraid I'd have to resort to Hanlon's Razor yet again...
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #2943 on: August 18, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 70

Rondohondo, I am curious about your (and any other Trump supporters) feelings on this.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #2944 on: August 18, 2017, 01:39:14 PM »

Offline blink

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 268
well we can see this in any number of ways...
1) Trump was in such deep **** with the republicans, that he needed do something to get them off his back.   Not sure that will mend fences with all of the republicans, but firing Bannon is probably viewed as positive by a lot of congressional republicans

2) Bannon getting kicked out of the white house is probably good for the country no matter how you view politics.

3) Bannon wasn't able to have as much influence over Trump, especially with John Kelly coming on board as COS and Bonnon's recent slash and burn interview was done intentionally to indicate he was already gone...

4) Bannon leaving is just another symptom of a chaotic and devolving white house leadership.  More chaos, and Trump has no idea what he is doing.

The big question is now that Trump has tossed out the traditional Republicans (Priebus, Spicer) and the alt right puppet master, where is his administration going?

« Reply #2945 on: August 18, 2017, 01:39:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1073

Rondohondo, I am curious about your (and any other Trump supporters) feelings on this.

I'm not really sure myself

I think if he really want to see his economic plan work out, he won't be getting Into battles with Trump, and I think his economic plan makes a lot of sense.

If it's true he offered his resignation Aug 7, it wouldn't have to do with Charlottesville

We shall see....

« Reply #2946 on: August 18, 2017, 01:49:02 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 348
well we can see this in any number of ways...
1) Trump was in such deep **** with the republicans, that he needed do something to get them off his back.   Not sure that will mend fences with all of the republicans, but firing Bannon is probably viewed as positive by a lot of congressional republicans

2) Bannon getting kicked out of the white house is probably good for the country no matter how you view politics.

3) Bannon wasn't able to have as much influence over Trump, especially with John Kelly coming on board as COS and Bonnon's recent slash and burn interview was done intentionally to indicate he was already gone...

4) Bannon leaving is just another symptom of a chaotic and devolving white house leadership.  More chaos, and Trump has no idea what he is doing.

The big question is now that Trump has tossed out the traditional Republicans (Priebus, Spicer) and the alt right puppet master, where is his administration going?

I think it increases the ability of Cohn to get some economic work done--budget, infrastructure spending, debt limit.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2947 on: August 18, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1155
Not sure it's going anywhere new. This administration has always been a family affair first, then taking the path of least resistance on everything else.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #2948 on: August 18, 2017, 02:42:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27977
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
I'm locking this because it's become too much of an open thread. That makes it too hard to moderate. Please start new topics on relevant things you'd like to discuss.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...