Author Topic: Ford Big Board 3.0  (Read 16629 times)

Re: Ford Big Board 3.0
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Celtics should only draft guys that have upside to be an NBA star. I would understand Isaac for that reason. But Jackson? Idk, maybe he will work hard enough to be Scottie Pippen, but I don't see it. I see Iggy at best. And Iggy is no Scottie Pippen. Iggy is great though.

You just convinced yourself iggy is good lol

Listen there is no durant from this draft

An iggy calibre talent is an amazing addition. Dont forget how good he was vs lebron 2 years ago

He's good, but Fultz and Ball should be stars. So let's just not include them because I honestly don't know if we will be able to draft them. We're really looking at the #3 spot. So imo, Harry Giles can be an all star. Isaac has huge upside. So does Patton. I think all those players can be better than Jackson. Dennis Smith is better. I would rather draft him, hope he turns into an all star and then trade him.

Jackson is the safer bet, but we need to shoot for the moon like we did with Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2017, 05:02:50 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
CBS Sports draft has Isaac going 3, Tatum dropped to 11 and Jackson to 12. Giles to 30. Yikes.

If this is even remotely accurate then Im trading out of that pick unless its Fultz.

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When I've watched Tatum I haven't seen a guy with a "below the rim" game.  Looks like he's a very good athlete, maybe a step below elite.

He is playing garbage ball right now

He is a no show in the 1st half for several games straight

He just looks lost/maybe not a good fit under coach K
19 points 14 board vs. a ranked Notre Dame team in his last game.

He is not playing "garbage ball"

Finally a decent game.  But I would pass on Jabari Parker part 2

You're using a Jabari comparison as a negative?

Yes...he plays alot of mins and Bucks stink

He was a ghost with less than 5 min/OT vs Celts a few nights ago

Just overrated imo

Wait so if you knew Tatum could get you 20 and 6 by his 3rd season you would pass on him?
All 20 and 6 players are not created equal.

Obviously but that doesnt answer the question at all. Would you pass on a guy whom if he is Parker can get you 20 and 6?

Experts compared Parker to Melo.. and now I can see why

Parker is a poor overall defender

What does Parker being compared to Melo have to do with Tatum?

Because they are all comparable

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2017, 05:06:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Celtics should only draft guys that have upside to be an NBA star. I would understand Isaac for that reason. But Jackson? Idk, maybe he will work hard enough to be Scottie Pippen, but I don't see it. I see Iggy at best. And Iggy is no Scottie Pippen. Iggy is great though.

An iggy calibre talent is an amazing addition. Dont forget how good he was vs lebron 2 years ago

He's good, but Fultz and Ball should be stars. So let's just not include them because I honestly don't know if we will be able to draft them. We're really looking at the #3 spot. So imo, Harry Giles can be an all star. Isaac has huge upside. So does Patton. I think all those players can be better than Jackson. Dennis Smith is better. I would rather draft him, hope he turns into an all star and then trade him.

Jackson is the safer bet, but we need to shoot for the moon like we did with Jaylen Brown.

Nobody knows... Did fultz do well vs Allen(strong team) the last game.. He shot 8-23, 16 pts. Did not look like a #1 pick

I think he is a good talent but Beal/McCollum good... Nothing crazy like you think

If he was a mega superstar , he would carry his mediocre team to wins

That is what durant , wade, duncan did for their college teams

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2017, 05:11:04 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Nobody knows... Did fultz do well vs Allen(strong team) the last game.. He shot 8-23, 16 pts. Did not look like a #1 pick

I think he is a good talent but Beal/McCollum good... Nothing crazy like you think

If he was a mega superstar , he would carry his mediocre to wins

I would recommend this read before making any conclusions about Fultz. I think it's an insult to compare him to Beal/McCollum lol. But that's just me.

https://theringer.com/scouting-possible-no-1-pick-markelle-fultz-in-person-6e2fdcf3d727#.bpnzkjm9k

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2017, 05:22:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I would recommend this read before making any conclusions about Fultz. I think it's an insult to compare him to Beal/McCollum lol. But that's just me.

https://theringer.com/scouting-possible-no-1-pick-markelle-fultz-in-person-6e2fdcf3d727#.bpnzkjm9k

Unless he can perform well against top schools or even help his mediocre team beat other mediocre teams, how do you know he will be a mega star? Better than Beal(who is an all star btw)

Because he is averaging good stats against mediocre teams, he is going to be the next something special?

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2017, 05:30:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
The more video I watch the more I'm convinced that Ball is the guy for us. He fits in so well with our ball movement system. He is the definition of the type player who makes his team mates better. I bet Stevens is salivating over the chance to let him run the team. I could care less about his shot mechanics. He hits the 3 consistently and with Steph Curry range.

I think Fultz will put up good numbers but he does not strike me as s guy who can lead us to a championship. Ball does.

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Unless he can perform well against top schools or even help his mediocre team beat other mediocre teams, how do you know he will be a mega star? Better than Beal(who is an all star btw)

Because he is averaging good stats against mediocre teams, he is going to be the next something special?

He has played well against good competition. You are talking about one game as if players dont have below average games. You are putting alot of emphasis on college numbers in which guys only stay one year. College is not the same as it used to be where you are facing so many high level teams.

Anyways, as a side note, the trainer for Bradley Beal whom you just called an all star said Tatum whom he also trains should go #1 so take that however you want it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:00:15 PM by clevelandceltic »

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2017, 06:13:07 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
The more video I watch the more I'm convinced that Ball is the guy for us. He fits in so well with our ball movement system. He is the definition of the type player who makes his team mates better. I bet Stevens is salivating over the chance to let him run the team. I could care less about his shot mechanics. He hits the 3 consistently and with Steph Curry range.

I think Fultz will put up good numbers but he does not strike me as s guy who can lead us to a championship. Ball does.

I'm a Fultz guy, but I could see Brad salivating at the thought of landing Ball. They could be our Pop-Duncan lol.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2017, 06:24:28 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

He has played well against good competition. You are talking about one game as if players dont have below average games. You are putting alot of emphasis on college numbers in which guys only stay one year. College is not the same as it used to be where you are facing so many high level teams.

Anyways, as a side note, the trainer for Bradley Beal whom you just called an all star said Tatum whom he also trains should go #1 so take that however you want it.

Want to give an example of this?  They've played 3 ranked teams and he hasn't had a particularly good game against any of them.

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2017, 06:28:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
CBS Sports draft has Isaac going 3, Tatum dropped to 11 and Jackson to 12. Giles to 30. Yikes.
Jackson at 12 is ludacris.  He could suffer a season-ending injury and still go top 10.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2017, 06:38:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Jackson at 12 is ludacris.  He could suffer a season-ending injury and still go top 10.

Jackson at #12 honestly invalidates that entire board. He can't shoot or finish with his off-hand, but he's borderline elite at literally everything else.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I thought he played better against Oregon than Ball did and I watched both games.  He didn't shoot the three well but still had over 20 points and a decent amount of assists.  Everyone has an off night every now and then.

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Jackson at #12 honestly invalidates that entire board. He can't shoot or finish with his off-hand, but he's borderline elite at literally everything else.

yes Jackson can finish with his left though he prefers to finish with his right hand (just like every other player pretty much)

Watch 0:53 and 8:25

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=MJ2UqkgkjAI

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Want to give an example of this?  They've played 3 ranked teams and he hasn't had a particularly good game against any of them.

In each of those games he scored at least 16. He doesnt ahve to dominate in those games to be considered a good player considering the players that he has next to him. Its not like he has a physical advantage over guys.

These games arent the only big games he has played. He has played far more on the HS and international level in which he has had no problem.

I dont look at college games the way i think many do. Im looking to see what skills a player has vs given competition. Heild put up crazy number and what he he done? CAn guys make plays and what skills do they have are my evaluation tools. Its also what has a guy done over time. You mention 3 games, im talking about what has he done over 2 years.