Author Topic: Ford Big Board 3.0  (Read 16788 times)

Re: Ford Big Board 3.0
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 01:58:53 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Smith should be lower than 4th

How is Miles Bridges not in the top 10?

I have been asking the same question for 3 years. What is Bridges on the next level?
A bigger, more athletic version of Jae Crowder.

I guess. He is on the edge of the top 10 to me but I have no problem with someone putting him there.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 01:59:08 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Since I see those 3 as the consensus top 3, getting the shaft, err, the fourth pick would be disappointing. Yet the 4th pick is likely the worst we would do so working on seeing "tier 2" prospects isn't a waste of time.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Since I see those 3 as the consensus top 3, getting the shaft, err, the fourth pick would be disappointing. Yet the 4th pick is likely the worst we would do so working on seeing "tier 2" prospects isn't a waste of time.

If those 3 are the consensus top 3 I would be trilled to be at 4 because my #2 prospect Jayson Tatum is still on the board. Now that Duke has finally figured out roles of players people will see him shine although I agree with his trainer that with more space on the floor he will be much better than what we see now.

I have watched the guy for 3 years and I dont see how his scoring doesnt translate to the next level.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

If those 3 are the consensus top 3 I would be trilled to be at 4 because my #2 prospect Jayson Tatum is still on the board. Now that Duke has finally figured out roles of players people will see him shine although I agree with his trainer that with more space on the floor he will be much better than what we see now.

I have watched the guy for 3 years and I dont see how his scoring doesnt translate to the next level.
there is some level of concern that his below the rim game combined with his lack of a 3-point shot could leave him struggling at the next level, but that is a minor concern.

The fact that a choice between Isaac or Tatum is a consolation prize is super exciting.

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
When I've watched Tatum I haven't seen a guy with a "below the rim" game.  Looks like he's a very good athlete, maybe a step below elite.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When I've watched Tatum I haven't seen a guy with a "below the rim" game.  Looks like he's a very good athlete, maybe a step below elite.

He is playing garbage ball right now

He is a no show in the 1st half for several games straight

He just looks lost/maybe not a good fit under coach K

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 02:44:04 PM »

• Derrick White

19 points 14 board vs. a ranked Notre Dame team in his last game.

He is not playing "garbage ball"

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 02:57:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Finally a decent game.  But I would pass on Jabari Parker part 2

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 03:05:48 PM »

• Derrick White

why in the world would you pass on Jabari Parker?

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

You're using a Jabari comparison as a negative?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 03:09:11 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This iteration is probably more in line with my personal, tentative big board. I'm surprised Giles is still so high.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 03:09:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yes...he plays alot of mins and Bucks stink

He was a ghost with less than 5 min/OT vs Celts a few nights ago

Just overrated imo

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 03:13:38 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

there is some level of concern that his below the rim game combined with his lack of a 3-point shot could leave him struggling at the next level, but that is a minor concern.

The fact that a choice between Isaac or Tatum is a consolation prize is super exciting.

I understand those concerns but I dont have those concerns. The guy knows how to create space for his shot. He has the stroke to hit 3s. My concern with 3s is more his willingness to take them and take them off the catch than the shot itself.

He just like Jaylen before him gets in trouble trying to do too much hence some of Duke's early troubles. Bad shots. Not finding teammates (although Jaylen really didnt have people to pass to).

But like Jaylen I think when you put him on the Cs his talents shine because he isnt forced to be the man or justify being a top rated player. He can do what he does best without having to force it.

Lastly, I like Jayson for the same reason I like Jaylen. They work on their games. I cant understate the importance of a guy working on his game when I look at a player. Give me an elite guy that works on his game because I know he is interested in improving. I felt that way about Jaylen and I feel that way about Jayson.

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 03:16:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I understand those concerns but I dont have those concerns. The guy knows how to create space for his shot. He has the stroke to hit 3s. My concern with 3s is more his willingness to take them and take them off the catch than the shot itself.

He just like Jaylen before him gets in trouble trying to do too much hence some of Duke's early troubles. Bad shots. Not finding teammates (although Jaylen really didnt have people to pass to).

But like Jaylen I think when you put him on the Cs his talents shine because he isnt forced to be the man or justify being a top rated player. He can do what he does best without having to force it.

Lastly, I like Jayson for the same reason I like Jaylen. They work on their games. I cant understate the importance of a guy working on his game when I look at a player. Give me an elite guy that works on his game because I know he is interested in improving. I felt that way about Jaylen and I feel that way about Jayson.

Between Jackson and Tatum who would you choose?

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 03:23:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yes...he plays alot of mins and Bucks stink

He was a ghost with less than 5 min/OT vs Celts a few nights ago

Just overrated imo
Yeah, but that game was very uncharacteristic for him.

He is averaging 20 points per game at 21 years old. 
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.