Author Topic: Trump sells out again after 1 meeting (pharma)  (Read 561 times)

Re: Trump sells out again after 1 meeting (pharma)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »

Offline JohnP

• Jonas Jerebko
  • Tommy Points: 4
Does every single political thread have to have a liberal or anti-Trump bias?

Trump's first 10 days have been disastrous. He's flip-flopped, while acting on campaign promises that made him one of the most unpopular candidates in presidential history. The way the country voted prove that, his approval numbers prove that, and the most recent demonstrations prove that. Liberal bias? Not so much. One of the most unpopular presidents in history is more like it.

Campaign promises supported by roughly half the populace, and I would expect that in its representation here, but I guess I have to be more careful what I read

63% oppose the building of the wall (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/pew-immigration-wall-227367)

"Just 41 percent of Americans supported a temporary ban on Muslims entering the country who are not U.S. citizens, according to an August 2016 ABC News/Washington Post poll." (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-trumps-refugee-ban-have-public-support/)

Two of his biggest campaign promises. Not exactly 50/50

Keep believing the polls.  This past election should show you don't always believe that junk.

You are suggesting that everyone who voted for him agrees 100% with all his policies. You and I know that's not the case. There are many here on Cblog who said they were essentially "holding their nose" and voting for Trump. They liked some of his policies, really didn't like others, but on net preferred him over the alternative.

Note: this isn't a dictatorship. Americans don't have to agree with what their leader does.

Don't think i ever said anything about everyone who voted for him having to agree 100% with his policies... I just said don't believe these polls the media puts out.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 02:19:18 PM »

Offline triboy16f

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 319
Im no trump fan... But more of lets wait and see approach

However the hating and false news is a little too much

He does as promised.... Attacked

He changes his mind (like most politicians) ... Attacked

Every single day... Is this how its going to be for the next four years??

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Isaiah Thomas
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
This presidency is a joke and it's on us. I have anger issues so I HAVE TO tune America out or else I will have homicidal rage towards Trump.

I think we made it too safe of a job, he just has to sit in a comfy chair and play Sid Meier's Civilization. If the Donald fancies himself a Napoleon Bonaparte than he needs to show the same level of commitment as such leaders and go fight in the front lines and actually have some stakes in the game along with the rest of us.

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 02:23:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1009
Note: this isn't a dictatorship. Americans don't have to agree with what their leader does.
Interesting. Because a leader doing something the citizens don't agree with is by and large a definition of dictatorship.
Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 02:29:41 PM »

Offline mef730

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 353

Nope, this is how it's going to be for the next eight years. And let's hope that it stops at that. History shows that dictators like Trump don't go away.

Mike
Advice for novice mileage junkies: www.frequentflyermiles101.com

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 02:34:40 PM »

Offline triboy16f

• JoJo White
Interesting. Because a leader doing something the citizens don't agree with is by and large a definition of dictatorship.

Not totally

Dictatorship is more like being forced to do something/censorship/big brother is watching

And if you dont obey, jailtime/execution

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »

Offline triboy16f

• JoJo White

Nope, this is how it's going to be for the next eight years. And let's hope that it stops at that. History shows that dictators like Trump don't go away.

Mike

It could very well happen

Trump winning in the 1st place was like a hail mary catch

But I wont be surprised if it happens again