Author Topic: Trump sells out again after 1 meeting (pharma)  (Read 549 times)

Trump sells out again after 1 meeting (pharma)
« on: January 31, 2017, 12:48:58 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/31/14453740/trump-medicare-prescription-drugs

All it took was 1 meeting with pharma leaders to have him drop his promise on prescription drug negotiation.

How about that independence?! That spine?! That toughness?! That defender of the little guy?! Only guy with the guts and private wealth to stand up to the powers?!

What a joke.

Re: Trump sells out again after 1 meeting (pharma)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:50:48 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
Does every single political thread have to have a liberal or anti-Trump bias?

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 237
I honestly was routing for the positives that Trump preached as a consolation but so far he has back down from those good things and still he keeps all the negatives.. Dude is a sell out and a slime ball. At least if he did the good things he promised we can bare it but the guy looks like he needs to go not even a month in. He is going for record low approval.
My Top 5
Today.                 Ever.                     C's
1. LeBron          1. Jordan             1. Russell
2. Westbrook   2. Russell             2. Bird
3. Kawhi            3. Wilt                    3. Pierce
4. KD.                 4. Kareem            4. KG
5. Curry              5. LeBron              5. Hondo

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Avery Bradley
  • Tommy Points: 42

Trump's first 10 days have been disastrous. He's flip-flopped, while acting on campaign promises that made him one of the most unpopular candidates in presidential history. The way the country voted prove that, his approval numbers prove that, and the most recent demonstrations prove that. Liberal bias? Not so much. One of the most unpopular presidents in history is more like it.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 01:01:48 PM »

Online saltlover

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1307

I think it's sad that wanting competition in the pricing of pharmaceuticals has become a "liberal" position.  In the not distant past, liberals wanted price caps and conservatives wanted competition.  Now conservatives apparently want monopoly.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen

Until he does something thought out, rational, good, yes.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 01:06:03 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 270
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
    • Jademerchants.com
start a pro trump/unbiased topic
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 01:07:49 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7

Trump's first 10 days have been disastrous. He's flip-flopped, while acting on campaign promises that made him one of the most unpopular candidates in presidential history. The way the country voted prove that, his approval numbers prove that, and the most recent demonstrations prove that. Liberal bias? Not so much. One of the most unpopular presidents in history is more like it.

Campaign promises supported by roughly half the populace, and I would expect that in its representation here, but I guess I have to be more careful what I read

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 01:08:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 327
I honestly was routing for the positives that Trump preached as a consolation but so far he has back down from those good things and still he keeps all the negatives.. Dude is a sell out and a slime ball. At least if he did the good things he promised we can bare it but the guy looks like he needs to go not even a month in. He is going for record low approval.

Ditto. I had high hopes for fiscal policy stimulus (particularly infrastructure spending), but its been none of the potential good stuff, and instead a lot of bad stuff (IMO), and the bad stuff has been rolled out entirely ham-handedly. It seems like he doesn't have a clue. Its embarrassing.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Avery Bradley

Campaign promises supported by roughly half the populace, and I would expect that in its representation here, but I guess I have to be more careful what I read

63% oppose the building of the wall (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/pew-immigration-wall-227367)

"Just 41 percent of Americans supported a temporary ban on Muslims entering the country who are not U.S. citizens, according to an August 2016 ABC News/Washington Post poll." (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-trumps-refugee-ban-have-public-support/)

Two of his biggest campaign promises. Not exactly 50/50

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 01:39:39 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen

Yeah, from what ive seen most Trump voters were basically "im not a racist but i want trump to fix the economy and stick up for the little guy."

Then a much smaller number who want the racist stuff and the economic/little guy promises

I dont know of any who were like "i don't care about economy stuff, i only like the racist stuff".

Now, so far trump is just following through on the bigot stuff but ignoring or reversing on the economy and defending the little guy stuff. Hence the historically low approval ratings.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:00:18 PM by Fan from VT »

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2177
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
This was one of the few things Trump proposed that I both was in favor of and thought he might be uniquely able to do, not being beholden to the pharma industry as so many career Ds and Rs are. Welp.

Now, so far trump is just following through on the bigot stuff but ignoring or reversing on the economy and defending the little guy stuff. Hence the historically low approval ratings.

A paraphrase of a quote I read awhile back - Authoritarians usually learn very fast that it's far easier to make life harder for the groups they promised to hurt than it is to make life better for the groups they promised to help.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 02:02:05 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 01:59:49 PM »

Offline JohnP

• Jonas Jerebko
  • Tommy Points: 4

63% oppose the building of the wall (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/pew-immigration-wall-227367)

"Just 41 percent of Americans supported a temporary ban on Muslims entering the country who are not U.S. citizens, according to an August 2016 ABC News/Washington Post poll." (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/will-trumps-refugee-ban-have-public-support/)

Keep believing the polls.  This past election should show you don't always believe that junk. 

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 02:06:27 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 327

Keep believing the polls.  This past election should show you don't always believe that junk.

You are suggesting that everyone who voted for him agrees 100% with all his policies. You and I know that's not the case. There are many here on Cblog who said they were essentially "holding their nose" and voting for Trump. They liked some of his policies, really didn't like others, but on net preferred him over the alternative.

Note: this isn't a dictatorship. Americans don't have to agree with what their leader does.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Avery Bradley

You mean the polls that were pretty spot on? Showed Hillary with about a 2.5% advantage (Which she won by). And the same polls that predicted toss ups in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida, and New Hampshire? I will happily believe those polls.