Author Topic: Does Bradley's health/injuries make him our best trade asset?  (Read 757 times)

Does Bradley's health/injuries make him our best trade asset?
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:49:44 AM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
Bradley used to be untouchable in my eyes.  When he went down in the playoffs last year I knew we were cooked.  Seeing how this team has struggled and, recently, improved without him makes me reconsider my thoughts.

An All NBA Defender who has shown tremendous promise and, through dedication, improved to a reliable scorer and crazy rebounder.  Still on a good contract, but likely due a big one next time up and, with his injuries, not sure what we'd want to pay...feels like a better version of Tony Allen IMO.

Can we win without him? Is he the best bait we have or is he still a piece we can't give up if we want the depth to contend or is he a gamble we take thinking his injuries will prevent him from being a year-round contributor?

Just curious on others thoughts, and I know the questions presumes we're getting something back in a deal that would take us to a better level of contending....
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

Re: Does Bradley's health/injuries make him our best trade asset?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I don't see any real similarity betwen Bradley and Allen other then that both have been great on ball defenders.

Bradley is a very good (if not great) scorer and shooter, and Tony Allen was almost completely useless offensively...was very much a defensive role player.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
Agree, Bradley > Allen. 

My question, though, is: does his injury history make him easier for us to part with or is he a core component of our contender?
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 04:42:14 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Agree, Bradley > Allen. 

My question, though, is: does his injury history make him easier for us to part with or is he a core component of our contender?

Initially, I thought his injury history would make it harder to trade him. Especially if Danny was looking to package him in a Butler deal. On the other hand, for about a current 4 year stretch Danny has had a record of either trading away or not resigning his best shooters. Other teams find great value in these types of players. Overall, the Celtics could get a good player in return for Bradley.   

Realistically, we don't know what Danny's plans are for targeting future free agents. If he's looking to free up money, then any deal is possible (even selling Bradley low). My feeling is Danny should have a salary cap wizard generating algorithms that might assist him with future signings and/or trades.

We shouldn't trade Bradley because he's a fairly consistent high percentage shooter. IT cannot do it all himself. Trading Bradley would only put a greater burden on IT.