Author Topic: Holy Crap, we are going to get the First seed  (Read 15493 times)

Re: Holy Crap, we are going to get the First seed
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2017, 02:44:38 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
When I read this title i thought it was in reference to the Brooklyn pick. It would be nice to be at both the top and the bottom of the conference at the same time :D

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2017, 02:45:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Can anyone give any real insights on what's wrong with the Cavs? That game in Dallas last night wasn't even close.
James is very tired and the bench is very thin with all of the injuries.  That is why James has been a bit vocal of late regarding the roster.

You think they should lose to the Pelicans without Davis, Sacramento at home and Dallas because James is tired and the bench is thin? The first two Kevin love and Irving and Lebron all played right? If those guys are all stars they should beat a Davis less Pelicans team if their bench was YMCA players
The Warriors lost to the Lakers by 20 points.  Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.  But, the Cavs went 7-8 in January because James is tired and the bench is thin.  Injuries take their toll.  I fully expect the Cavs to shut James down for a week or two in the near future, but they need to get some bodies healthy and some new guys in before they do that.  I mean the Cavs basically have just 3 big men on the roster in Thompson, Love, and Frye (they had Anderson who is done for the year), and that is using the phrase big men very loosely.  The backup PG is a 5'9" rookie 2nd round pick.  The Cavs went cheap this summer keeping some young guys at the expense of some veterans and size, and it is showing during the grind of the season.  It is also not a coincidence that James has been a lot more vocal about the roster of late.  He is tired and it shows and he wants the Cavs to bring in some vets to take some of the load off so he can be fresher and ready for the playoffs.  If James is worn out, the Cavs has no shot at all against the Warriors and James absolutely understands this.

Some of your other points are valid, but this one is kind of silly using the Warriors loss as an example. The Warriors have lost 7 games all season and 2 of them were to teams under .500. That is not exactly "all the time." The Cavs recent month long stretch is worst than any stretch for the Warriors in at least a year and a half. It may even be 2.5 years but I would have to back to their title year to really know.
I read somewhere last night that it was Lebrons first month under .500 since 2006.

At leas

Yea the idea that this "happens all the time" is pretty ludicrous
what does his statement have to do with yours. 

Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.  The Spurs are on a two game losing streak to the Pelicans and Mavericks.  The two most recent losses before those two were the Suns and Bucks, and the Spurs have also lost to the Bulls.  That is 5 of their 11 losses to teams below .500.  The Rockets have lost to the Lakers, Timberwolves, Heat, and Bucks, which account for 25% of their losses.  The Warriors as you say have 7 losses and 2 of them are to bad teams, that is 28.5%.  8 of the Cavs 15 losses are to bad teams, so a bit higher percentage than the other elite level teams, but not so disproportionate to be strange and it is easily explainable.  Take the game last night in Dallas.  The Cavs dressed just 11 players. It was the second night of a back to back and they had to travel from Cleveland to Dallas for the game.  That doesn't mean the Cavs aren't a better team than the Mavericks, but merely that sometimes the better team just doesn't beat the lesser team.  We aren't talking about a 7 game series, merely some random games.  And yes Cleveland had a bad month at 7-8, but they are very thin as a result of injuries and the open roster spot.  Anderson is done for the year and Smith hasn't played in over a month.  That means they have just 12 players available for any given night, and Love has been banged up and missed games recently.  James can't even take a night off or the team won't even have a full roster players available for the game.  That is where his frustration is coming from.  He knows he needs rest, but he can't rest right now because the team is shorthanded. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 12:04:39 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Can anyone give any real insights on what's wrong with the Cavs? That game in Dallas last night wasn't even close.
James is very tired and the bench is very thin with all of the injuries.  That is why James has been a bit vocal of late regarding the roster.

You think they should lose to the Pelicans without Davis, Sacramento at home and Dallas because James is tired and the bench is thin? The first two Kevin love and Irving and Lebron all played right? If those guys are all stars they should beat a Davis less Pelicans team if their bench was YMCA players
The Warriors lost to the Lakers by 20 points.  Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.  But, the Cavs went 7-8 in January because James is tired and the bench is thin.  Injuries take their toll.  I fully expect the Cavs to shut James down for a week or two in the near future, but they need to get some bodies healthy and some new guys in before they do that.  I mean the Cavs basically have just 3 big men on the roster in Thompson, Love, and Frye (they had Anderson who is done for the year), and that is using the phrase big men very loosely.  The backup PG is a 5'9" rookie 2nd round pick.  The Cavs went cheap this summer keeping some young guys at the expense of some veterans and size, and it is showing during the grind of the season.  It is also not a coincidence that James has been a lot more vocal about the roster of late.  He is tired and it shows and he wants the Cavs to bring in some vets to take some of the load off so he can be fresher and ready for the playoffs.  If James is worn out, the Cavs has no shot at all against the Warriors and James absolutely understands this.

Some of your other points are valid, but this one is kind of silly using the Warriors loss as an example. The Warriors have lost 7 games all season and 2 of them were to teams under .500. That is not exactly "all the time." The Cavs recent month long stretch is worst than any stretch for the Warriors in at least a year and a half. It may even be 2.5 years but I would have to back to their title year to really know.
I read somewhere last night that it was Lebrons first month under .500 since 2006.

At leas

Good teams lose to bad teams all the time.  The Spurs are on a two game losing streak to the Pelicans and Mavericks.  The two most recent losses before those two were the Suns and Bucks, and the Spurs have also lost to the Bulls.  That is 5 of their 11 losses to teams below .500.  The Rockets have lost to the Lakers, Timberwolves, Heat, and Bucks, which account for 25% of their losses.  The Warriors as you say have 7 losses and 2 of them are to bad teams, that is 28.5%.  8 of the Cavs 15 losses are to bad teams, so a bit higher percentage than the other elite level teams, but not so disproportionate to be strange and it is easily explainable.  Take the game last night in Dallas.  The Cavs dressed just 11 players. It was the second night of a back to back and they had to travel from Cleveland to Dallas for the game.  That doesn't mean the Cavs aren't a better team than the Mavericks, but merely that sometimes the better team just doesn't beat the lesser team.  We aren't talking about a 7 game series, merely some random games.  And yes Cleveland had a bad month at 7-8, but they are very thin as a result of injuries and the open roster spot.  Anderson is done for the year and Smith hasn't played in over a month.  That means they have just 12 players available for any given night, and Love has been banged up and missed games recently.  James can't even take a night off or the team won't even have a full roster players available for the game.  That is where his frustration is coming from.  He knows he needs rest, but he can't rest right now because the team is shorthanded.
They are playing terrible and have been for a month. You may be the only one with more excuses than Lebron at this point.

BTW I hope the foolishness of your complaining about the Cavs lack of depth is not lost on other posters. Throughout the course of the season you have downplayed the Celtics missing Crowder, Bradley and Horford at various points but have now been sure to point out that Sullinger was a key missing piece for the Raptors (last seen in the d league) and the Cavs are screwed cause Kevin Love missed a game and a half and Smith (replaced by Korver) has missed a month. SMH
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:56:55 AM by celticsclay »

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2017, 08:21:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

At leas

They are playing terrible and have been for a month. You may be the only one with more excuses than Lebron at this point.

BTW I hope the foolishness of your complaining about the Cavs lack of depth is not lost on other posters. Throughout the course of the season you have downplayed the Celtics missing Crowder, Bradley and Horford at various points but have now been sure to point out that Sullinger was a key missing piece for the Raptors (last seen in the d league) and the Cavs are screwed cause Kevin Love missed a game and a half and Smith (replaced by Korver) has missed a month. SMH
I didn't downplay it all, I merely pointed out that all teams have injuries, which many on here ignored when talking about the games our guys were out.  The Cavs are still a significantly better team than the Celtics and will beat Boston in no more than 5 games in a 7 game series if the Cavs are healthy, but during the grind of a regular season a short roster has an effect.  Boston has at least dressed 12 people every game this season, something the Cavs have not done.

Boston has an interesting stretch coming up with the next 3 at home but then 12 of the next 15 games on the road before closing with 11 of 16 at home.  It will be interesting to see if some of the grind of the season catches up to Boston during that heavy travel stretch especially with 4 back to backs involving travel during that 15 game stretch.

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
3.5 games is still far. You don't expect a team with the best player in the world to go on a 10 game losing streak. They just blew out the OKC today. I'm sure they will be fine. While 1st seed is nice, its better to temper our expectations.

LeBron is not the best player in the world.

We have a guy in the west who is leading the league in scoring WHILE averaging a triple double at the same time.  Thats something the nba hasn't seen in maybe 50 years.

TP, I have been saying this for the past 2 months. Russel Westbrook is the best basketball players alive right now (based on current skills). Better than Steph, better than LeBron, better than Harden (who might be the second best basketball player alive right now).

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2017, 02:05:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
3.5 games is still far. You don't expect a team with the best player in the world to go on a 10 game losing streak. They just blew out the OKC today. I'm sure they will be fine. While 1st seed is nice, its better to temper our expectations.

We have a guy in the west who is leading the league in scoring WHILE averaging a triple double at the same time.  Thats something the nba hasn't seen in maybe 50 years.

TP, I have been saying this for the past 2 months. Russel Westbrook is the best basketball players alive right now (based on current skills). Better than Steph, better than LeBron, better than Harden (who might be the second best basketball player alive right now).
Westbrook and Harden are no where near the defenders that James is.  Neither is Curry.  Durant is the only guy really in the discussion with James as the best player in the world at the moment.  Davis isn't that far behind either.

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2017, 02:12:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

At leas

I didn't downplay it all, I merely pointed out that all teams have injuries, which many on here ignored when talking about the games our guys were out.  The Cavs are still a significantly better team than the Celtics and will beat Boston in no more than 5 games in a 7 game series if the Cavs are healthy, but during the grind of a regular season a short roster has an effect.  Boston has at least dressed 12 people every game this season, something the Cavs have not done.

Boston has an interesting stretch coming up with the next 3 at home but then 12 of the next 15 games on the road before closing with 11 of 16 at home.  It will be interesting to see if some of the grind of the season catches up to Boston during that heavy travel stretch especially with 4 back to backs involving travel during that 15 game stretch.

I honestly wish you made the same excuses for the Celtics that you consistently make for the Cavs and Lebron (and other team). You are quick to point out shortcomings for IT and downplay any injury issues the Celtics have but a completely irrelevant player like sullinger is hurt and you point it out repeatedly as a loss for the raptors. Now they have a few less end of bench scrubs than the Celtics and it so tough on Lebron. If Lebron needs a rest then he should take it and if they lose the game so what, they are losing more than half their games anyway so it is better he just play when he is healthy and rested.

Also we have 12 active players who the heck cares? If we are playing James Young and Jordan Mickey extended minutes the game is already over. We have already been forced to play non rotation and fringe rotation players like Mickey, Zeller, Young and even Jackson earlier in the season extended minutes.

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2017, 02:20:28 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

Westbrook and Harden are no where near the defenders that James is.  Neither is Curry.  Durant is the only guy really in the discussion with James as the best player in the world at the moment.  Davis isn't that far behind either.
Lebron James is the best player in the world.

weve been doing the same song and dance for three years now. Half the world convinces themselves hes not the best anymore than he shows up in the playoffs clearly is the best player in the world and dominates.

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2017, 06:44:18 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

You don't expect that Stevens is the best coach in the NBA, but he is.

We're coming for your spot LeBron.

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2017, 06:53:06 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

You don't expect that Stevens is the best coach in the NBA, but he is.

We're coming for your spot LeBron.

I'll go with the usual "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. I don't want to jinx any momentum we have and prematurely celebrate.

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2017, 06:57:35 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I just love this. Hopefully LeBron completely freaks out when we take first place.

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2017, 02:51:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Holy crap! Looks like KGLL was right! Someone buy that guy a beer!

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Still some games left but looking like it!

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2017, 10:13:00 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
still plenty of games to play, but if Celtics keep on winning and Cavs keep looking like THIS then it is certainly possible.

and gives us a fighting chance of getting out of the east IMO. Without #1 seed our ceiling is losing in the eastern conference finals imo

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2017, 10:15:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Geez,this is a slaughter by SA. I love it.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva