Author Topic: Trump puts Bannon on NSC  (Read 1927 times)

Trump puts Bannon on NSC
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1043
Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

Re: Trump puts Bannon on NSC
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 12:06:43 PM »

Offline liam

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 368
I think I've seen it all now.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38787241

This is only the beginning of what will be the Train wreak president!

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 12:53:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 5044
The equivalent of this would have been if Obama had named Michael Kinsley to the NSC. I would bet the right would have gone ballistic if that would have happened.

And just so that everyone knows, I would have been as against that as I am Bannon being named. The media should not be advising the president, they should be reporting on him.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:09:22 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 12:55:03 PM »

Online Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 371
  • Rutgers '17
This is going to be a fun 1 1/2 years

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:26 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Isaiah Thomas
  • Tommy Points: 115

define "fun"  :)

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 01:24:16 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1186
It's looking like Steve Bannen is becoming the 2nd most powerful/influential person in the country  (next to Trump).  Those familiar with Breitbart who are not solidly to the right have every reason to be worried.  I had thought it hyperbole in November and December when left-leaners were warning Armageddon is on the horizon.  I still consider that to be hyperbole,  but to be afraid is legit in my opinion.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 01:28:29 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 410
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
It's looking like Steve Bannen is becoming the 2nd most powerful/influential person in the country  (next to Trump).  Those familiar with Breitbart who are not solidly to the right have every reason to be worried.  I had thought it hyperbole in November and December when left-leaners were warning Armageddon is on the horizon.  I still consider that to be hyperbole,  but to be afraid is legit in my opinion.
It might still be hyperbole, but now that we have seen a disastrous first 6 days in office, are you willing to take that chance?

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 01:48:18 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1186
It might still be hyperbole, but now that we have seen a disastrous first 6 days in office, are you willing to take that chance?

20 months from now it will be September, 2018 and the mid-term campaigns will be well underway.  Given how typically enamored voters are with their own district's members of Congress, I am dubious of the Dems chances to make the kind of statement needed to send a message that will be heard by this president and his advisors.   Sadly, the nation will need to be in free fall for an anti-Trump mandate to occur in 2018,   

I believe Trump has not yet lost any of his supporters in this first week, but with each unsettling turn of events, the country will become less secure and more dangerously divided.   I don't think it's completely clear yet where this is heading.  But increasing Bannen's power is a worrisome sign in my opinion.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 01:51:19 PM »

Online Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 371
  • Rutgers '17

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 01:52:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 981

Huh?

You actually think Trump will be impeached?  Really?  That is rather far fetched IMHO.  Like it or not, Trump has a lot of support for what he is doing right now.

The media should not be advising the president, they should be reporting on him.

Agreed.  I'm not particularly pleased with most all of Trump's appointees.  For myriad reasons, one of them being the highly questionable character of many of his inner circle.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 01:57:33 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: -28199
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Trump could have included Bannon if he had wanted, since he's the senior adviser to Trump.

The big change is that the Chair of the Joint Chiefs was taken off the Council? Why?

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 02:02:15 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 259

20 months from now it will be September, 2018 and the mid-term campaigns will be well underway.  Given how typically enamored voters are with their own district's members of Congress, I am dubious of the Dems chances to make the kind of statement needed to send a message that will be heard by this president and his advisors.   Sadly, the nation will need to be in free fall for an anti-Trump mandate to occur in 2018,   

I believe Trump has not yet lost any of his supporters in this first week, but with each unsettling turn of events, the country will become less secure and more dangerously divided.   I don't think it's completely clear yet where this is heading.  But increasing Bannen's power is a worrisome sign in my opinion.
Dems generally underperform in off year elections.  The Dems are likely to lose several Senate seats. 
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/senate-democrats-2018-midterms-231516 

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 02:14:46 PM »

Offline 2short

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 396
Trump could have included Bannon if he had wanted, since he's the senior adviser to Trump.

The big change is that the Chair of the Joint Chiefs was taken off the Council? Why?
Bingo
This is the VERY troubling part. 

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 714
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Dems generally underperform in off year elections.  The Dems are likely to lose several Senate seats. 
Democrats are as angy/afraid as ever, I think that will energize the base and you will see a much better showing at the mid terms.

I've read speculation that Trump is unwilling to listen to other government offices. That homeland security wasn't consulted on the Muslim ban and that the 10 senior state department members that quit were due to him not listening to them on the ban.

I assume that he elevated Bannon and removed the others because Bannon agreed with Trump and those guys didn't.

Trump is going to need to be stopped, and it's going to need to be by the republicans. I hope that enough of them display the gumption and values that the republican party was built on.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 02:23:41 PM »

Offline 2short

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 396

Democrats are as angy/afraid as ever, I think that will energize the base and you will see a much better showing at the mid terms.

I've read speculation that Trump is unwilling to listen to other government offices. That homeland security wasn't consulted on the Muslim ban and that the 10 senior state department members that quit were due to him not listening to them on the ban.

I assume that he elevated Bannon and removed the others because Bannon agreed with Trump and those guys didn't.

Trump is going to need to be stopped, and it's going to need to be by the republicans. I hope that enough of them display the gumption and values that the republican party was built on.
I put something like that idea in other trump thread.  We as Americans NEED NEED republicans to stand up and use common sense (aaaah Thomas Paine we could use you).  Don't follow lines because Trump is pretending to be a republican.  "Now more than ever" , we need mccain, romney and others to voice their opinion.