Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 87669 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #420 on: April 21, 2017, 11:51:36 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
The big problem with jackson is his terrible shooting, whether its from the field or free throw.

Do we really need another layup shooting athlete? We have brown, smart, and it with the same layup style. Can we please get some outside shooting to space the floor ?

I'm with the guy saying fultz or Tatum. its not even drafting for need, I see Both fultz and Tatum seem to have advanced shooting ability from anywhere, tatums 3 is a bit more unknown but his stroke looks nice. Tatum has great size and and all around game seems better than jackson

iM not sure what you mean by layup stle but I think shot creation is a big need on this team and is highly valued in this league thus I like Tatum and Fultz more than most.

I alo think the team could use  a greater variety of attacking teams. You have alot of slashers but not many ball handlers and shot creators. I think thats really needed on this team.

« Reply #421 on: April 22, 2017, 12:20:43 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Agreed 100%. We need shot creators  and more variety.

« Reply #422 on: April 23, 2017, 12:06:35 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The big problem with jackson is his terrible shooting, whether its from the field or free throw.

Do we really need another layup shooting athlete? We have brown, smart, and it with the same layup style. Can we please get some outside shooting to space the floor ?

I'm with the guy saying fultz or Tatum. its not even drafting for need, I see Both fultz and Tatum seem to have advanced shooting ability from anywhere, tatums 3 is a bit more unknown but his stroke looks nice. Tatum has great size and and all around game seems better than jackson
I am not quite sure what you mean by terrible shooting. Early on in the season, sure. His 3 point shooting was bad.

But, over the final 17 games he played he shot 48% from 3 point range. He took 52 three pointers and made 25 of them.

Terrible shooting that is not.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #423 on: May 01, 2017, 12:09:17 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
This guy is a liability at the free throw line and can't shoot. Pass

« Reply #424 on: May 01, 2017, 12:26:31 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Why do you think he cannot improve his free throws? That does happen.

Also, fultz is a poor free throw shooter as well. Should the Celtics pass on him as well?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #425 on: May 01, 2017, 12:56:17 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Also, fultz is a poor free throw shooter as well. Should the Celtics pass on him as well?
have you seen Josh's form? He is old too kind of late to fix things

« Reply #426 on: May 01, 2017, 01:33:13 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

have you seen Josh's form? He is old too kind of late to fix things

Old? HAHA, sorry but that is just a narrative of people clutching at straws looking for weaknesses to write about Jackson. No one is too old to learn, grow or change anything, with the right attitude. Jackson is 20 and will not turn 21 till next year, to put that in perspective Jimmy Butler was 21 turning 22 when he was drafted and was thought to be only a defensive stopper when drafted. Steph Curry was 21 also and was thought to only be a small, weak jump shooting two guard. Draymond Green was 22, fat, undersized, couldn't shoot period and is now 27 and still adding to his game.

IMO Fultz has the lowest floor but Jackson has the highest ceiling. He could easily guard 1-4 at the NBA level and could even be a less long version of Draymond Green with better athleticism, capable of being a Kawhi type of two way talent given time.

« Reply #427 on: May 01, 2017, 02:55:55 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I am not quite sure what you mean by terrible shooting. Early on in the season, sure. His 3 point shooting was bad.

But, over the final 17 games he played he shot 48% from 3 point range. He took 52 three pointers and made 25 of them.

justice Winlsow shot 42% from deep and 64% from the line.  In the NBA those numbers have become 26 from 3 and 66 from the line.

Free throws tend to lie less than three pointers.

Jackson shot 57% from the line and 38% from deep. His shot is also more broken than Winslows was.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2017, 12:35:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Glad we wont get jackson

« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2017, 01:21:50 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

justice Winlsow shot 42% from deep and 64% from the line.  In the NBA those numbers have become 26 from 3 and 66 from the line.

Free throws tend to lie less than three pointers.

Jackson shot 57% from the line and 38% from deep. His shot is also more broken than Winslows was.
and fultz shot 65% FT while long shot 67% FT.  after all is said and done, we will see how all the rookies do. i am patient.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #430 on: June 06, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jackson trying to shoot the 3 without dipping the ball...   omg

Maybe he should go back to dipping the ball... not a smooth stroke... choppy

What's the rush Josh?   He really needs a good shooting coach to fine tune his mechanics.   

(May 31st)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyRHDdhjqg

« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2017, 09:55:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Josh Jackson is gonna be soooooo good.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2017, 10:13:41 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Jackson trying to shoot the 3 without dipping the ball...   omg

Maybe he should go back to dipping the ball... not a smooth stroke... choppy

What's the rush Josh?   He really needs a good shooting coach to fine tune his mechanics.   

(May 31st)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyRHDdhjqg

That was painful to watch

« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Hopefully for someone else.

« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2017, 11:40:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Hopefully for someone else.
yeah, Fultz should be even better.