Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 87648 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #405 on: April 10, 2017, 12:42:30 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Hey footey, I am in no way trying to be belligerent with you – I value your opinion, and this is just what I think.

But an affidavit is literally a sworn statement before the criminal justice system, which actually holds weight in court. These statements are consistent with his misdemeanor in destruction of property / vandalism – he was actually charged for the vandalism which came after he made these threats to that same girl whose property he vandalized.

affidavit is a declaration under oath that is true, but as you know very well oath testimony is not always true. Think about it for a minute, almost every court trial involves witnesses that testify under oath to different versions on the same subject. So take the affidavit for what it is worth, it is not a legal finding by a judge or jury.

« Reply #406 on: April 15, 2017, 02:41:13 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
So will character issues knock josh Jackson out of the top 3 picks or is he just too talented?

« Reply #407 on: April 21, 2017, 03:24:28 AM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Question for those of you familiar with his game.  How much would Josh Jackson help our rebounding woes?  Is the too skinny to maintain position, or will his wiry strength and elite athleticism help him grab tons of rebounds?

« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2017, 04:11:52 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Honestly there's just two guys we should be considering atm, Fultz and Tatum. Period.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2017, 05:52:19 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Question for those of you familiar with his game.  How much would Josh Jackson help our rebounding woes?  Is the too skinny to maintain position, or will his wiry strength and elite athleticism help him grab tons of rebounds?

Thon Maker, despite lacking muscles is helping the Bucks in boards and defense somehow. Jackson maybe shorter, but he's more complete and have the same intensity Maker have.

« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2017, 07:02:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Jackson maybe shorter, but he's more complete and have the same intensity Maker have.

I think he has more intensity in all honesty.

« Reply #411 on: April 21, 2017, 07:22:09 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
From a physical standpoint, I think he's kind of like Harrison Barnes with a better motor, in that everyone was surprised when Barnes was guarding Zach Randolph in the playoffs a few years ago because he's so thin, but he's strong (wiry, like you said). I get that same impression watching Josh Jackson. Their offensive games are very different, but I do see physical similarities.

And Jackson was a better rebounder in college than Barnes was - 7.4 rpg compared to 5.8 and 5.2 in Barnes' 2 years at UNC.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #412 on: April 21, 2017, 09:51:04 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Honestly there's just two guys we should be considering atm, Fultz and Tatum. Period.

Your daft Jackson is the best player.  Period.  Ainge Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s this up and we're done.  We don't need another dam pg or Tatum who is small and will be a project.  Jackson is nba ready!

« Reply #413 on: April 21, 2017, 09:56:23 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Your daft Jackson is the best player.  Period.  Ainge ****s this up and we're done.  We don't need another dam pg or Tatum who is small and will be a project.  Jackson is nba ready!
Tatum is 6'8" with a 6'11 wingspan and has the most polished iso scoring game in the draft.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #414 on: April 21, 2017, 10:18:57 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I am not sold on either.  I see a lot of Evan Turner in both.  Ball scares me too.

I am OK if we take Suomalainen Isomies Lauri Markkanen if we can't get Fultz.

« Reply #415 on: April 21, 2017, 10:48:50 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Your daft Jackson is the best player.  Period.  Ainge ****s this up and we're done.  We don't need another dam pg or Tatum who is small and will be a project.  Jackson is nba ready!
and yet tatum and jackson are listed at the same height.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #416 on: April 21, 2017, 11:51:36 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

and yet tatum and jackson are listed at the same height.

And Jackson is a 56% FT shooter.  I like the athleticism and general court movement/presence but he has a funky shot.  I do not see Jackson as any kind of a slam dunk.  He is as much of a crap shoot as nearly every other draft pick every year.  You could take Tatum, Jackson, Ball and a few others and pull their names out of a hat and have an equal chance of determining their future NBA career value as trying to draw conclusions from one year of college play.

« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Tatum is longer, has a bigger frame and weighs more than Jackson but he is small? how exactly is Tatum more of a project than Jackson?

« Reply #418 on: April 21, 2017, 11:43:03 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The big problem with jackson is his terrible shooting, whether its from the field or free throw.

Do we really need another layup shooting athlete? We have brown, smart, and it with the same layup style. Can we please get some outside shooting to space the floor ?

I'm with the guy saying fultz or Tatum. its not even drafting for need, I see Both fultz and Tatum seem to have advanced shooting ability from anywhere, tatums 3 is a bit more unknown but his stroke looks nice. Tatum has great size and and all around game seems better than jackson

« Reply #419 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
The big problem with jackson is his terrible shooting, whether its from the field or free throw.

Do we really need another layup shooting athlete? We have brown, smart, and it with the same layup style. Can we please get some outside shooting to space the floor ?

I'm with the guy saying fultz or Tatum. its not even drafting for need, I see Both fultz and Tatum seem to have advanced shooting ability from anywhere, tatums 3 is a bit more unknown but his stroke looks nice. Tatum has great size and and all around game seems better than jackson

Hindsight is 20/20. But one thing is sure. Intagibles translate well in the league, especially with a guy with physical gifts and NBA ready game. This is like Smart and Exum all over again. Exum can shoot much better than Smart, but can't find his groove since turning pro so far. I don't mind taking Fultz or Tatum since they are my second choices but their mindsets reminds me of Wiggins and Exum.