Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 87309 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #375 on: March 26, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
was hitting the jump shot at a nice rate...except for last night

at the nba level may have more room to operate.   jump shot needs to keep improving (especially FT)

needs to add more strength

I like Jackson better than Tatum...but I'm ok with Jackson, Fultz or Tatum with one of the Nets pick...  No Ball and his headache dad

« Reply #376 on: March 26, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He was very tentative after picking up 2nd foul and did not assert aggressive play until well into the 2nd half when it was too little too late.

The Oregon game really showed how much Kansas was diminished without aggressive Jackson in lineup. Also showed how Jackson can't play traditional power forward role at NBA level, lacks the size and length. Small ball lineup, sure, but not to start games. If we take him, I envision JB playing majority of his time as two guard, the 3 in small ball lineup, and Jackson the 3 and the 4 in the small ball lineup. They can play these roles off the bench initially until they mature, at which time they will start. IT gets Max extension. Of course if we sign Hayward this may need re-thinking. I'm skeptical that we will, though. If we draft Jackson, signing Griffin makes better sense position wise.

« Reply #377 on: March 26, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
http://fox4kc.com/2017/03/19/court-docs-josh-jackson-threatened-to-beat-womens-player/

http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/some-kansas-jayhawks-fans-struggling-to-reconcile-off-court-issues-with-on-court-success-032117

" He would beat her ass"...wow, perfect person not for the Celtics roster. Do we really believe that DA and BS didn't want Cousins but somehow they will want Josh Jackson on this team? I highly doubt it.

Call me skeptical he gets picked top 3 unless its by a team that makes risky choices of players who have shown off the court issues. I doubt the Kings would make the choice, 76ers could as he would become best buddies with Okafor, Lakers doubtful(LA would be fire for this player).

« Reply #378 on: March 26, 2017, 01:12:36 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If you want to take as fact something a potential litigant alleges in an affidavit, knock yourself out and good luck in making sense in this litigious world of ours.

I prefer to let the Celtics do a thorough due diligence to separate fact from fiction. If they determine he has violent tendencies, they will look to draft someone else. But if not, they will give serious consider to drafting him.

« Reply #379 on: March 26, 2017, 01:54:14 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Biggest issue with Josh Jackson is his 57% FT percentage.  I think that can change and be improved (see Marcus Smart) but he has to be a 70% shooter to be a great NBA player.

« Reply #380 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://fox4kc.com/2017/03/19/court-docs-josh-jackson-threatened-to-beat-womens-player/

http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city/story/some-kansas-jayhawks-fans-struggling-to-reconcile-off-court-issues-with-on-court-success-032117

" He would beat her ass"...wow, perfect person not for the Celtics roster. Do we really believe that DA and BS didn't want Cousins but somehow they will want Josh Jackson on this team? I highly doubt it.

Call me skeptical he gets picked top 3 unless its by a team that makes risky choices of players who have shown off the court issues. I doubt the Kings would make the choice, 76ers could as he would become best buddies with Okafor, Lakers doubtful(LA would be fire for this player).

He does have to watch his "temper"

saw a few display of temper tantrums last night on court.... lucky he didn't get a technical

basically on one play , Bell blocks his shot and he was shouting goaltending.... on another play he tries to block Bells shot and gets called for the foul... starts yelling at the refs, "this is unfair" or something along those lines

I know it is a crucial game...but at the NBA level its going to be like that all the time...

« Reply #381 on: March 26, 2017, 02:38:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Biggest issue with Josh Jackson is his 57% FT percentage.  I think that can change and be improved (see Marcus Smart) but he has to be a 70% shooter to be a great NBA player.
Smart was a career 75% free throw shooter in college.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #382 on: March 26, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Smart was a career 75% free throw shooter in college.

Fultz and Ball were below 70% too, I guess there's no good players.

Fultz is escaping scrutiny because he hasn't played in a month.  It's awfully easy to spend time finding things wrong with these guys, and often more useful to focus on what they can do.

« Reply #383 on: March 26, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If you want to take as fact something a potential litigant alleges in an affidavit, knock yourself out and good luck in making sense in this litigious world of ours.

I prefer to let the Celtics do a thorough due diligence to separate fact from fiction. If they determine he has violent tendencies, they will look to draft someone else. But if not, they will give serious consider to drafting him.

https://www.google.com/amp/nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/josh-jackson-potential-top-three-nba-draft-pick-suspended-by-kansas-after-hit-and-run/amp/

So, when his college suspended him for hit and run and leaving scene afterwards, that was imaginary as well. There is a pattern starting to occur here. His team suspended him for his actions. We will see what comes out in this other case but even Jackson admits he did stuff before. Someone who leaves scene after doing damage to another's property is a criminal act and is a light onto the character of that person.

« Reply #384 on: March 26, 2017, 10:28:57 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

https://www.google.com/amp/nba.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/josh-jackson-potential-top-three-nba-draft-pick-suspended-by-kansas-after-hit-and-run/amp/

So, when his college suspended him for hit and run and leaving scene afterwards, that was imaginary as well. There is a pattern starting to occur here. His team suspended him for his actions. We will see what comes out in this other case but even Jackson admits he did stuff before. Someone who leaves scene after doing damage to another's property is a criminal act and is a light onto the character of that person.

Not saying it's right, but it's could also be an act of a scared kid.

I knew a kid, two years ahead of me. Massive jerk. I saw him lift a kid up and slam him into the table at the library, and then spit in the teachers face. About 7 or 8 years later he cam into the store I was assistant managing and he was the nicest guy. He partnered up with his dad builing houses, and Would go to Haiti and help build homes for people in need. And then would take a hand full of guys and put them up and have them work for him over the summer so they could send money home to their families.

That saying, kids can do some dumb crap, hopefully he's learned from this. Only one on one meetings with the coaching staff can really get a hold of his character and see if he's learned and regretted what he's done.

Plus we drafted Smart and he shoved a guy in the Stands. He's got a bit of punk in him, but he's our punk and I'm glad for it....

Until he takes an off balanced 3......

But then he makes up for it by ripping the ball our of some ones hands. :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:34:32 PM by Sketch5 »

« Reply #385 on: March 27, 2017, 12:40:52 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'd be thrilled with Jackson as the pick, but he projects as a small forward.
Question... don't you think that would cause a log jam at the 3?

Crowder, Brown, Jackson, where would his minutes come from? Both Brown and Jackson need to develop.

While Fultz, IMO is a star waiting to happen. He really has no glaring weakness. He's gonna be a scorer at the 1 or the 2, something we desperately need. A player that can find his offense when he wants. He has good size and length too.

Unfortunately, Ball comes attached with a 200 pound wart on his back, called Lavar. If Lavar doesn't get his way, and his son doesn't go to his favorite team, the Lakers, this idiot will constantly be second guessing the organization in the media. The dude is trouble.

« Reply #386 on: March 27, 2017, 12:55:33 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Crowder, Brown, Jackson, where would his minutes come from? Both Brown and Jackson need to develop.

While Fultz, IMO is a star waiting to happen. He really has no glaring weakness. He's gonna be a scorer at the 1 or the 2, something we desperately need. A player that can find his offense when he wants. He has good size and length too.

Unfortunately, Ball comes attached with a 200 pound wart on his back, called Lavar. If Lavar doesn't get his way, and his son doesn't go to his favorite team, the Lakers, this idiot will constantly be second guessing the organization in the media. The dude is trouble.
Well once these guys develop physically Brown and Jackson would be able to play the 2-4, Crowder can play the 3 and the 4. So the minutes would come with them playing next to each other.

Don't shortchange Lavar, he's probably closer to 300 than he is to 200.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #387 on: March 27, 2017, 01:00:32 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

The minutes will be a squeeze, no doubt about it.

Jacksons quickness and ability as a ball-handler and passer combined with his size should allow him to be effective as a 2 and 3 and even a 4 in really small stretches. Brown should also be able to play the 4 more next year, so they could play a lot together.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #388 on: March 27, 2017, 01:11:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

The minutes will be a squeeze, no doubt about it.

Jacksons quickness and ability as a ball-handler and passer combined with his size should allow him to be effective as a 2 and 3 and even a 4 in really small stretches. Brown should also be able to play the 4 more next year, so they could play a lot together.

I think minutes shouldn't be too much of a problem next year.  Gerald and Young combined for 700 minutes at the wing, so those minutes are there for the taking.  And Jerebko should have about 1200 by the time the season is done -- those will largely be available for Crowder, Brown, and Jackson.

Minutes will get tight at that position if Hayward is signed, however.  But you worry about those luxuries when you have to, not in advance.

« Reply #389 on: March 27, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Question... don't you think that would cause a log jam at the 3

Unfortunately, Ball comes attached with a 325 pound wart on his back, called Lavar.