Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 87312 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #360 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I posted this question in the Jayson Tatum thread.  Note that I like Jackson over Tatum:

First off, I really like Jayson Tatum and am psyched that he may be our worse case scenario.

It sounds like people are thinking Tatum is an NBA power forward.  Am I right on that?  Because I've also read here that Josh Jackson is a wing and Jaylen is a better fit to play 4 than Josh.

Tatum is 6'8" and 205 lbs, averaging 16.8 points, 7.3 reb, 45% FG% and 34% 3FG%.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4065648/jayson-tatum

Jackson is 6'8", 207 lbs, averaging 16.6 points, 7.1 reb, 52% FG% and 38% 3FG%.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066297/josh-jackson

I always saw Tatum as a small forward, and I didn't even know how close the stats were between them except for Jackson's better passing and Tatum's better FT shooting.  Do people think he's more of a PF, and if so, why is hardly no one saying Jackson can be a PF with the same physical measurements, a high FG%, lower FT%, and nearly identical scoring and rebounding #'s?
I've seen this kind of thinking too, and I'm not sure why. Both seem at home on the wing, and their body types both indicate that playing at SF would be better, yet many still think Tatum is a PF.

My understanding is that both could play PF in certain lineups, but it is definitely not either of their preferred position.

First TP for you G.

I said a while ago I found the Celtics PF of the future Josh Jackson. It got mixed reviews.

Now in the NBA if he gains 10 pounds he can play it IMO.

« Reply #361 on: March 24, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Jackson can play power forward in small ball lineup. If you want to put a label on him, he's a point forward. Has great court awareness and vision, pushes it up quickly, kind of similar to Ball in that way. He will be able to pblow by bigger power forwards in NBA and post up smaller 3's. I think he would thrive in Brad's system and this roster.

Man, if Nets beat Wiz in DC tonight I'm officially going to worry whether Jackson will be available when we pick.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:59:42 AM by footey »

« Reply #362 on: March 24, 2017, 10:57:25 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I knew that he caused property damage.

I did not know that he threatened to beat a woman up. 

He's 6'8"...she's 5'9".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/16/affidavit-josh-jackson-threatened-to-beat-womens-player/99270048/

« Reply #363 on: March 24, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I knew that he caused property damage.

I did not know that he threatened to beat a woman up. 

He's 6'8"...she's 5'9".

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/03/16/affidavit-josh-jackson-threatened-to-beat-womens-player/99270048/

He definitely has an edge to him, that's for sure.

« Reply #364 on: March 24, 2017, 11:19:01 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Jackson can play power forward in small ball lineup. If you want to put a label on him, he's a point forward. Has great court awareness and vision, pushes it up quickly, kind of similar to Ball in that way. He will be able to pblow by bigger power forwards in NBA and post up smaller 3's. I think he would thrive in Brad's system and this roster.

Man, if Nets beat Wiz in DC tonight I'm officially going to worry whether Jackson will be available when we pick.
Given the standings, that's a tough choice, but yeah I would have to root for the Wiz too.

« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.nbadraft.net

Recent mock has the Celts taking Jackson 1st  :laugh:

Lakers take Ball, Suns take Fultz, Magic take Fox, 76ers Tatum

Looks good

« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2017, 10:19:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I posted this question in the Jayson Tatum thread.  Note that I like Jackson over Tatum:

First off, I really like Jayson Tatum and am psyched that he may be our worse case scenario.

It sounds like people are thinking Tatum is an NBA power forward.  Am I right on that?  Because I've also read here that Josh Jackson is a wing and Jaylen is a better fit to play 4 than Josh.

Tatum is 6'8" and 205 lbs, averaging 16.8 points, 7.3 reb, 45% FG% and 34% 3FG%.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4065648/jayson-tatum

Jackson is 6'8", 207 lbs, averaging 16.6 points, 7.1 reb, 52% FG% and 38% 3FG%.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066297/josh-jackson

I always saw Tatum as a small forward, and I didn't even know how close the stats were between them except for Jackson's better passing and Tatum's better FT shooting.  Do people think he's more of a PF, and if so, why is hardly no one saying Jackson can be a PF with the same physical measurements, a high FG%, lower FT%, and nearly identical scoring and rebounding #'s?
I've seen this kind of thinking too, and I'm not sure why. Both seem at home on the wing, and their body types both indicate that playing at SF would be better, yet many still think Tatum is a PF.

My understanding is that both could play PF in certain lineups, but it is definitely not either of their preferred position.

First TP for you G.

I said a while ago I found the Celtics PF of the future Josh Jackson. It got mixed reviews.

Now in the NBA if he gains 10 pounds he can play it IMO.
Right back at you!

But honestly that would be quite interesting, because I can easily see him doing that. With that athleticism he could be anything at power forward. I can't quite think of a comparison (maybe a playmaking rich mans Marvin Williams), but it could be very interesting.

Wherever he plays, Jackson and Brown on the court at the same time would be a plain nightmare for the opposition.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2017, 08:53:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
what to do what to do Josh Jackson is playing, and I want to watch Cavs Wizards.

« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2017, 08:55:13 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
two quick fouls on Jackson he is on the bench with 17 left in the first.

« Reply #369 on: March 25, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
poor 1st half for Jackson

early fouls  and 0 points

he has to get it going in the 2nd half.... Oregon came to play. Playing very tough

« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2017, 09:51:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
what to do what to do Josh Jackson is playing, and I want to watch Cavs Wizards.

What the Cavs/Wiz. You'll have about eight minutes per game to watch Jackson next year after Ainge drafts him.

Mike

« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2017, 10:11:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Chad Finn of the Boston Globe said Yesterday that Jackson plays like a Celtic and Ball plays like a Laker. I agree.

« Reply #372 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Chad Finn of the Boston Globe said Yesterday that Jackson plays like a Celtic and Ball plays like a Laker. I agree.

True ......I thought the same ......Lakers want show boating glitz ,  TV ready players/ divas ..not guys who want to fight in the trenchs .

Paul George is born to be a Laker too.

Celtics are the tuff underdog , chip on shoulder , hard hat , work a holic crowd ........don't mix with Laker divas

« Reply #373 on: March 26, 2017, 11:14:57 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I'm still on the Fultz or Jackson train now .....for better or worse,

« Reply #374 on: March 26, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
If we pick #1 overall It's gotta be Fultz. If we pick 2-4 it has to be Jackson if he is available. It might work out because I cant see the Lakers passing on Ball even though hed be redundant to their roster.