Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 87647 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2017, 12:59:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
How about Scottie Pippen as a comparison?

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2017, 01:05:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Kind of... Not bad

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2017, 01:07:49 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

Kind of... Not bad

He has the tools to be sure, but I'm wouldn't hold my hopes up for that. Andre Igoudala is the better comp IMO.

« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2017, 01:28:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Kind of... Not bad

He has the tools to be sure, but I'm wouldn't hold my hopes up for that. Andre Igoudala is the better comp IMO.

And iguadala compares to pippen

But the slight disconnect is that both iggy and pippen are sg/sf

And jackson is a sf/pf

I keep thinking Gerald Wallace. But he didnt have very good perimeter skills.

Whwt about Tim Thomas or Antawn Jamieson?

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2017, 01:31:24 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Jamieson is a good one. But what about Grant Hill.

« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2017, 01:41:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jamieson is a good one. But what about Grant Hill.

Not sure about Hill

« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2017, 01:44:55 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Going to have to keep an eye on the investigation of a rape at KU.

Five players have been named as witnesses - no charges - and the list includes Jackson.

I read as a witness , not accused

Which is exactly what I said.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2017, 01:50:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Point forward skills analysis by draftexpress

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=pnO0L5kpElM
honestly the guy he reminds me of the most is terrence williams + finishing ability.

Obviously a far superior prospect, but thats the guy that I keep coming back to.

A rich man Matt Barnes, Terrence Williams + finishing ability?/ really?

Terrence Williams is 6'5 and has a below bbiq.  That is why he is no longer in the league
Yeah, I think it's safe to say he will be somewhere between Terrence Williams and Lebron James.

So you finally agree... A poor man Lebron
Sure, a less athletic, weaker, smaller in every sense outside of hair, less intelligent, worse passing Lebron with a weaker handle and a much more broken jump shot.

Likewise he is a longer, taller, more intelligent, better passing, more explosive and finishing version of Terrence Williams.

Hes more likely to follow Terrence William's career arc than he is Lebron James.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway and a less explosive but way better at defense version of Russell Westbrook? how about those guys?

All of them seem way to generous. I hate comparing draft picks to hall of famers.

Thats why I refuse to acknowledge a Lebron comp.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2017, 01:54:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

honestly the guy he reminds me of the most is terrence williams + finishing ability.

Obviously a far superior prospect, but thats the guy that I keep coming back to.

Terrence Williams is 6'5 and has a below bbiq.  That is why he is no longer in the league
Yeah, I think it's safe to say he will be somewhere between Terrence Williams and Lebron James.

Sure, a less athletic, weaker, smaller in every sense outside of hair, less intelligent, worse passing Lebron with a weaker handle and a much more broken jump shot.

Hence a poor man Lebron

You forgot to add Jackson is a better rim protector and thief than Lebron on the defensive end

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2017, 01:57:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Hence a poor man Lebron

You forgot to add Jackson is a better rim protector and thief than Lebron on the defensive end
he gives more effort than Lebron on defense, but Lebron is a better defender at every level, save maybe defending point gaurds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpvBhIUqNcM

how about a poor-mans giannis.

I really hate comparing people to lebron even if you throw "poor-mans" before it. He is the best player of the past 20 years.

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2017, 03:40:31 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-draft-stock-watch-euro-sensation-making-waves-193103069.html

He is fearless and grimey!

"Josh Jackson, Kansas
Small forward
6-foot-8, freshman
NBA general managers flocked to Rupp Arena in Lexington, Ky., on Saturday to watch a rare non-conference late January game between two of the most talented teams in college basketball. Despite Kentucky starting five McDonald’s All-Americans, it was Jackson – the Jayhawks’ lone McDonald’s All-American – who stole the show in the 79-73 Jayhawks victory with 20 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and two steals.

One of the things NBA personnel like about Jackson is his fearlessness. He was in attack mode all game against Kentucky, making plays defensively and on the glass, while also demonstrating an extremely high basketball IQ by creating for his teammates. His jumper is hardly a thing of beauty, but he’s been finding a way to make shots lately, hitting eight of his last 14 3-point attempts and bringing his 3-point percentage up to 33 percent.

Although it’s difficult to project Jackson as the sort of go-to scoring presence a franchise might want from a top-three pick – he also turns 20 next week, which makes him much older than most freshmen in this class – he does so many different things that NBA front offices are beginning to view him as an Andre Iguodala-type who helps win games with his versatility and competitiveness."

« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2017, 03:52:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-draft-stock-watch-euro-sensation-making-waves-193103069.html

He is fearless and grimey!

"Josh Jackson, Kansas
Small forward
6-foot-8, freshman
NBA general managers flocked to Rupp Arena in Lexington, Ky., on Saturday to watch a rare non-conference late January game between two of the most talented teams in college basketball. Despite Kentucky starting five McDonald’s All-Americans, it was Jackson – the Jayhawks’ lone McDonald’s All-American – who stole the show in the 79-73 Jayhawks victory with 20 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and two steals.

One of the things NBA personnel like about Jackson is his fearlessness. He was in attack mode all game against Kentucky, making plays defensively and on the glass, while also demonstrating an extremely high basketball IQ by creating for his teammates. His jumper is hardly a thing of beauty, but he’s been finding a way to make shots lately, hitting eight of his last 14 3-point attempts and bringing his 3-point percentage up to 33 percent.

Although it’s difficult to project Jackson as the sort of go-to scoring presence a franchise might want from a top-three pick – he also turns 20 next week, which makes him much older than most freshmen in this class – he does so many different things that NBA front offices are beginning to view him as an Andre Iguodala-type who helps win games with his versatility and competitiveness."

Get the number 11 jersey ready

« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2017, 04:20:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Hence a poor man Lebron

he gives more effort than Lebron on defense, but Lebron is a better defender at every level, save maybe defending point gaurds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpvBhIUqNcM

how about a poor-mans giannis.

I really hate comparing people to lebron even if you throw "poor-mans" before it. He is the best player of the past 20 years.

Different body, style

Giannia is closer to Grant Hill

« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2017, 04:20:29 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Are there any videos of Josh Jackson that you guys have seen that made you think that he is the next great Celtic?

I've spent some time on youtube and think that I'd like Tatum and Fultz more.