Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 87653 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2017, 07:44:32 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I would not be disappointed if we took him third after Ball and Fultz.

I would.

Can anyone explain how he differs from Jaylen Brown (who is already not his roster)? An elite athlete who puts 110% effort, especially one defense, but can't shoot.

I'll admit I haven't watched any college ball this year but I have been reading reports constantly about the top players from summer until now.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 07:46:54 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

If you can name a more accurate player to compare Jackson to, I will take that

Some people actually compared his game to Grant Hill, but I wouldn't go that far either.

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2017, 07:47:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I would.

Can anyone explain how he differs from Jaylen Brown (who is already not his roster)? An elite athlete who puts 110% effort, especially one defense, but can't shoot.

I'll admit I haven't watched any college ball this year but I have been reading reports constantly about the top players from summer until now.
there were some questions about Browns BBIQ, whereas Jackson has brilliant court vision and projects as a very good passer. Brown struggled at the rim, while Jackson is very good at finishing. Brown has a ton of potential on defense based on his physical profile, Jackson is already a good defender and his physical profile will allow him to get better. Also, Brown had serious questions about his handle, while Jacksons is more advanced and hes more creative getting to the rim.

Brown has a more fixable jumper and a better frame to pack on muscle/strength. Brown is also longer, despite being about 2 inches shorter.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 08:04:48 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Brown is more raw than Jackson but he's projected to be a better shooter in the long run and fits better at the 2 spot in his young career. Jackson is the more refined player and better leader but both have the killer factor in them.

Brown = the silent but cold-blooded assasin
Jackson = The KG/Draymond type intense player.

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 08:08:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I would.

Better playmaker, motor, and defender. I think Brown's shot is fundamentally sound, though. Jackson's is not.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Dare I say Jackson reminds me of Lebron?  A thinner version

Those drive and dish offs are Lebronesque... has the "it" factor

What a comeback vs Kentucky thanks to Jackson
Dare I say Jackson reminds me of Lebron? A thinner version

Those drive and dish offs are Lebronesque... has the "it" factor

What a comeback thanks to Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=0Zg7o9KKdMg
You shouldnt say that. Not if you want anyone to take your posts seriously.

So tell me. What other explosive forward in the nba is able to drive past his man in an iso situation and dish off to the open man under the basket? Who does this remind you of?
Remeber that JJ is in the NCAA, not NBA.
He reminds me of Winslow. With better court sense and worse defense. More explosiveness, less strenght.

How does a Jackson to Winslow comparison make sense?

Winslow is like 6'5. He can dunk in space. Lots of space. Jackson is an explosive freak.  Winslow dreams one day he can handle/drive by his man like Jackson.

Compare Winslow to Smart or Crowder. Not Jackson

Yeah no offense, but that's a horrible comp.

Sometimes you don't need to make comps. Jackson is unique and a hell of a prospect.

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2017, 08:49:21 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Brown is more raw than Jackson but he's projected to be a better shooter in the long run and fits better at the 2 spot in his young career. Jackson is the more refined player and better leader but both have the killer factor in them.

If Brown develops his shot, the two could be absolutely terrifying together on both sides of the ball.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 08:58:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

If Brown develops his shot, the two could be absolutely terrifying together on both sides of the ball.

Brown has proven he can make the open 3. 3 in crunch time

What more do people expect?

His game does not resolve around shooting the ball. He is more effective driving, operating from the post, transition buckets

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 09:03:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
As long as jackson and brown dont shoot poorly with lack of confidence like MKG, Hollis Jefferson Iam happy

The jump shot is more about preventing their man/ds sagging off of them... Keep the defense off balance

What you dont want with athletes like these is to turn into an antoine walker and just keep chucking from the outside, wasting their slashing ability/athleticism

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 09:15:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Here is a post from SoSH I agree with. I could not copy the link to the U.K. Versus Kansas game. Sorry.

If Jackson really has learned how to shoot well from outside, I hope the Celtics pick him number one.

So Josh Jackson puts up 20 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and two steals line against KY and hit 2 key 3Ps to start the 2nd half. Perhaps more importantly, he is 8-14 from 3P range over the last three games. Below are highlights. One thing that immediately strikes me is his handles.

Seems like he's a better prospect than Jaylen Brown was at the same stage? Also, since he will be leading his team in the tourney and Fultz will not, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes #1.

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 09:22:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Brown has proven he can make the open 3. 3 in crunch time

What more do people expect?

His game does not resolve around shooting the ball. He is more effective driving, operating from the post, transition buckets
If you want to play them together for big minutes one needs to be a threat from deep. The need to be able to make open 3s. Right now, Brown is a 31% shooter from deep. That isnt good enough if you dont surround him with shooters. Jackson-Brown would have bad spacing and limit the effectiveness of both players. 

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2017, 09:22:51 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Here is a post from SoSH I agree with. I could not copy the link to the U.K. Versus Kansas game. Sorry.

If Jackson really has learned how to shoot well from outside, I hope the Celtics pick him number one.

So Josh Jackson puts up 20 points, 10 rebounds, three assists and two steals line against KY and hit 2 key 3Ps to start the 2nd half. Perhaps more importantly, he is 8-14 from 3P range over the last three games. Below are highlights. One thing that immediately strikes me is his handles.

Seems like he's a better prospect than Jaylen Brown was at the same stage? Also, since he will be leading his team in the tourney and Fultz will not, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes #1.
He is a better prospect than Jaylen was. No doubt.

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2017, 09:36:40 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Jaylen's lateral agility, especially his eurosteps, are the thing that set him apart as an athlete. Few players in the NBA have that raw ability. Jackson has good agility, but not at Jaylen's elite level. 

I think Jaylen is more explosive off of one feet that Jackson too. Although Jackson is a little more explosive off of two feet. Jaylen's wingspan is better than Jackson's, too.

Jaylen's form wasn't broken like Jackson's, who, unless he removes the hitch, will probably struggle with consistency. His free throw percentage is the best indication that he will struggle with shooting in the pros.

Jackson has good court vision, but it's not like Jaylen didn't have pretty good court vision in his own right (2 apg).

All in all, I don't think you can say "No doubt" that Jackson is a better prospect than Jaylen last year. I think I'd still rather have Jaylen.

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2017, 09:43:44 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I really think people on here need to cool their jets about Boston getting the 1st pick this draft as even if Brooklyn finishes with the best odds, we still have a greater chance at getting the 4th pick than the 1st, in reality Josh Jackson may be the best we can get as he seems to be ranked 4th-5th range atm so more discussions about players like Jackson, Tatum, Fox ect... the better.

Bloody oath!

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2017, 09:50:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Jaylen's lateral agility, especially his eurosteps, are the thing that set him apart as an athlete. Few players in the NBA have that raw ability. Jackson has good agility, but not at Jaylen's elite level. 

I think Jaylen is more explosive off of one feet that Jackson too. Although Jackson is a little more explosive off of two feet. Jaylen's wingspan is better than Jackson's, too.

Jaylen's form wasn't broken like Jackson's, who, unless he removes the hitch, will probably struggle with consistency. His free throw percentage is the best indication that he will struggle with shooting in the pros.

Jackson has good court vision, but it's not like Jaylen didn't have pretty good court vision in his own right (2 apg).

All in all, I don't think you can say "No doubt" that Jackson is a better prospect than Jaylen last year. I think I'd still rather have Jaylen.
I dont think there is any doubt.

The Chad Ford Tier system is flawed but on Jan 20th (prior to Jackson going 8/14 from 3 and having a signature performance against Kentucky) Jackson was a consensus 2nd tier player.

Brown was 3rd tier with some votes in the 4th tier.

Jackson is a better prospect.