Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 87641 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 05:08:55 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Dare I say Jackson reminds me of Lebron?  A thinner version

Those drive and dish offs are Lebronesque... has the "it" factor

What a comeback vs Kentucky thanks to Jackson
Dare I say Jackson reminds me of Lebron? A thinner version

What a comeback thanks to Jackson

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=0Zg7o9KKdMg
You shouldnt say that. Not if you want anyone to take your posts seriously.

So tell me. What other explosive forward in the nba is able to drive past his man in an iso situation and dish off to the open man under the basket? Who does this remind you of?
Remeber that JJ is in the NCAA, not NBA.
He reminds me of Winslow. With better court sense and worse defense. More explosiveness, less strenght.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 05:13:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Before the season Jackson was known as someone with great ability in all dimensions of basketball, except shooting he sucked majorly. This is no small flaw.

But, I just checked his stats today and his 3 point shooting is now at 32.7%. Not good, but improved over his earlier numbers.

If he can really shoot, then he might go number one in the draft.

This bears watching.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 05:16:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

So tell me. What other explosive forward in the nba is able to drive past his man in an iso situation and dish off to the open man under the basket? Who does this remind you of?
He reminds me of Winslow. With better court sense and worse defense. More explosiveness, less strenght.
Ah. A more explosive, weaker Justice Winslow is actually a really good comp. I loved Winslow out of Duke. Still think hes gonna be a really nice player.

They guy Jackson reminds me of the most is Terrence Williams+ an inch or two and way improved finishing ability around the rim.

Jackson could be a star. He could feasibly even be a superstar. Lebron James? please.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 05:20:28 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Before the season Jackson was known as someone with great ability in all dimensions of basketball, except shooting he sucked majorly. This is no small flaw.

But, I just checked his stats today and his 3 point shooting is now at 32.7%. Not good, but improved over his earlier numbers.

This bears watching.

Agree it's all about his shot.  With a good one he's number 1.  With a below average one he's around pick 4. 

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 05:30:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

This bears watching.

Agree it's all about his shot.  With a good one he's number 1.  With a below average one he's around pick 4.

Last 3 games he is 8 for 15 from 3 pt land

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 06:04:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

How does a Jackson to Winslow comparison make sense?

Winslow is like 6'5. He can dunk in space. Lots of space. Jackson is an explosive freak.  Winslow dreams one day he can handle/drive by his man like Jackson.

Compare Winslow to Smart or Crowder. Not Jackson

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Winslow is like 6'5. He can dunk in space. Lots of space. Jackson is an explosive freak.  Winslow dreams one day he can handle/drive by his man like Jackson.

In fairness, he's not an explosive freak. Gerald Green is. T-max was. Carter was. Lebron was. Wiggins is.

Jackson is not on that level, although he will be a good athlete compared to other NBA players.

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 06:15:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

winslow-->Jackson is similar in terms of athleticism to Jackson-->James
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

In fairness, he's not an explosive freak. Gerald Green is. T-max was. Carter was. Lebron was. Wiggins is.

Jackson is not on that level, although he will be a good athlete compared to other NBA players.

Are you joking? He is every bit the athlete as some you listed. Watch below ....

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=WVpMmAi2ILs

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Are you joking? He is every bit the athlete as some you listed. Watch below ....

It's a good dunk, but it's not the same as those other guys. When you realize that he has a funky jumpshot and he is not as good of a shooter as those other (more athletic) guys I listed at the same age, it seems like he has a lower ceiling than some of the other guys.

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Its a nice dunk and he is a very good athlete, but comparing him to Lebron James is insulting to one of the two greatest players of all time.

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Its a nice dunk and he is a very good athlete, but comparing him to Lebron James is insulting to one of the two greatest players of all time.

Let me ask you. How did anybody know Lebron was going to turn out to be this good?

Just by watching HS ball??  There are many High Schoolers that look every bit as impressive as Lebron prior to College ....

My point is, nobody knew KG was going to turn out like he did or Lebron turn out like he did

I'm not saying Jackson will be good as Lebron.... I even said a thinner version (which is not as powerful as the man beast version).  But Jackson and Lebron do share several similarities. Ball Handling, Passing, versatile defense to name a few.  And both are not sharpshooters .... Lebron has turned into a semi decent shooter in the recent 5 years since the start of his career

I would like to compare Jackson to another player...but there are none.  He is not really like Leonard.  Certainly not like Matt Barnes.   If you can name a more accurate player to compare Jackson to, I will take that

again watch these two plays and tell me, this is not Lebronesque.  And in addition which other forwards in the league can pull this off in crunch time.

At 3:50 and 4:18 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgGrhUU-Ks
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:26:41 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
I would not be disappointed if we took him third after Ball and Fultz.

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2017, 07:39:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Let me ask you. How did anybody know Lebron was going to turn out to be this good?

Just by watching HS ball??  There are many High Schoolers that look every bit as impressive as Lebron prior to College ....

My point is, nobody knew KG was going to turn out like he did or Lebron turn out like he did

I'm not saying Jackson will be good as Lebron.... I even said a thinner version (which is not as powerful as the man beast version).  But Jackson and Lebron do share several similarities. Ball Handling, Passing, versatile defense to name a few.  And both are not sharpshooters .... Lebron has turned into a semi decent shooter in the recent 5 years since the start of his career

I would like to compare Jackson to another player...but there are none.  He is not really like Leonard.  Certainly not like Matt Barnes.   If you can name a more accurate player to compare Jackson to, I will take that

again watch these two plays and tell me, this is not Lebronesque.  And in addition which other forwards in the league can pull this off in crunch time.

At 3:50 and 4:18 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgGrhUU-Ks
Lebron was probably the most hyped player of the past 30 years.

I would advise you not to compare him to anyone if the best comp you can come up with is Lebron. Jackson is a good passer, but hes not the brilliant mind James is. At 19 years old James put up an a/to ratio of 5.9:3.5 in the NBA.  Jackson is 3.1:2.5 in college.

Lebron is also far more explosive.

So yeah, the Lebron comp is good if you restrict it to athleticism handle and passing, then acknowledge that Lebron was much better at passing and was a much better athlete.

then its a fine comp.

Jimmy Butler is perhaps a better comparison, but even that seems a bit strained. When you compare a 19 year old kid to Lebron James you make yourself look foolish.

I like Jackson a lot, but I wouldnt compare anyone in the last 10 drafts, to Lebron James.

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I love how people knock Jackson's competition but praise Fultz in a much worse conference.

But lets not crown Jackson as the next Lebron yet.