Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 88446 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #285 on: March 10, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I feel the need to correct (or at least challenge) an assumption about Jackson's role on the Celtics with Jaylen Brown also here.  Generally people seem to assume Jaylen will be the 2/3 and Jackson the 3/4.  I think that's backwards.  While Jackson is taller in terms of pure height, Jaylen is both longer in terms of reach, and thicker in terms of weight.  He will be the 3/4, and Jackson the 2/3.

I bet Jackson has a longer reach... I wouldnt be surprised by the combine he is 6'8.5 or 6'9

Jackson is willing to stick his nose under the basket more to grab rebounds/alter shots vs Brown...which makes him more of 3/4 vs 2/3 imo
Im gonna agree with SL here.

Brown has a longer standing reach (3 inches) and is 20 pounds heavier than Jackson.

I think early in their careers they will both be best at the 2/3, but Brown certainly has the better body type and athletic profile to play the 4.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #286 on: March 10, 2017, 12:03:51 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I feel the need to correct (or at least challenge) an assumption about Jackson's role on the Celtics with Jaylen Brown also here.  Generally people seem to assume Jaylen will be the 2/3 and Jackson the 3/4.  I think that's backwards.  While Jackson is taller in terms of pure height, Jaylen is both longer in terms of reach, and thicker in terms of weight.  He will be the 3/4, and Jackson the 2/3.
sorry to beat an old horse, but CBS doesnt see positions this way. i think having two swings such as jackson and brown would not put them at odds with one another's playing.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #287 on: March 10, 2017, 12:06:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
sorry to beat an old horse, but CBS doesnt see positions this way. i think having two swings such as jackson and brown would not put them at odds with one another's playing.
OK, so are they both swings?

or are they both wings?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #288 on: March 10, 2017, 12:44:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

or are they both wings?

Sfs able to play as stretch 4 and power guard

« Reply #289 on: March 10, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #290 on: March 10, 2017, 12:53:42 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
My problem with Jackson isn't necessarily that he vandalized a car, its WHOS car he vandalized. While sure it could be coincidence that he damaged her car, she was still the victim of domestic abuse by one of his teammates. Might it be unrelated? Maybe.

But celtic pride makes me feel cautious about someone who would go out of his way to continue to victimize a victim of assault just because its one of his friends. For his sake I hope there is more to the story, but if not, he just looks like a predator.

Edit: Removed my link, beat me to it The One, TP.

So not only did he damage the car of a victim of one of his friends, he also tried to pay her off for silence. Not loving his attitude at all. At what point do we stop saying he is being a stupid kid, and do we acknowledge he has actual personality flaws? I mean the guy isn't Greg Hardy, but he is no angel.
#JKJB

« Reply #291 on: March 10, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
My problem with Jackson isn't necessarily that he vandalized a car, its WHOS car he vandalized. While sure it could be coincidence that he damaged her car, she was still the victim of domestic abuse by one of his teammates. Might it be unrelated? Maybe.

But celtic pride makes me feel cautious about someone who would go out of his way to continue to victimize a victim of assault just because its one of his friends. For his sake I hope there is more to the story, but if not, he just looks like a predator.

So not only did he damage the car of a victim of one of his friends, he also tried to pay her off for silence. Not loving his attitude at all. At what point do we stop saying he is being a stupid kid, and do we acknowledge he has actual personality flaws? I mean the guy isn't Greg Hardy, but he is no angel.

He will learn from this

Im not worried

« Reply #292 on: March 10, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

He will learn from this

Im not worried

That's a BIG risk triboy...are you willing to put your name on the dotted line to select him at #3 overall in a loaded draft?

Due to this whole mess, Tatum and Isaac are now on the same level as Jackson...if I'm running the Celtics' Big Board.

« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2017, 01:20:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Horford
Jackson
Brown
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Yabu/KO
Crowder
Smart
Rozier

;D

« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2017, 01:23:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He will learn from this

Im not worried

That's a BIG risk triboy...are you willing to put your name on the dotted line to select him at #3 overall in a loaded draft?

Due to this whole mess, Tatum and Isaac are now on the same level as Jackson...if I'm running the Celtics' Big Board.

Blame Jacksons attorney ... Read the story. It was the attorney ... Jackson is very young.

« Reply #295 on: March 10, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

He will learn from this

Im not worried

Blame Jacksons attorney ... Read the story. It was the attorney ... Jackson is very young.

Look I will put my name on the line to say we should take him 2nd, that's not the issue. I just want people to understand that we will have to really be careful because as of right now, he isn't a good person.

What makes you think he will learn from this? There is no evidence that he will. None that he wont, but there is none that he will.
#JKJB

« Reply #296 on: March 10, 2017, 02:11:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Horford
Jackson
Brown
AB
IT4

KO/Zizic
Yabu/KO
Crowder
Smart
Rozier

;D

co-sign

« Reply #297 on: March 10, 2017, 02:15:43 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

or are they both wings?
Once they both develop I think either could play any position 2-4 and switch on defense 1-4.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #298 on: March 10, 2017, 05:26:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I've got more of a problem with KU letting Vick player after finding that he likely kicked Calvert in the face.

But, my guess is that this incident had more to do with retaliation for Calvert throwing her drink on Vick, rather than for something that occurred before Jackson got to KU. As for paying her off, these type of settlements happen all the time.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #299 on: March 10, 2017, 06:06:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Just take Fultz and not worry  :D