Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 88077 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2017, 04:53:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I wonder if he is now off the board for the Celtics.

Who needs those headaches?
right, the next thing we know he will be getting into bar fights and being stabbed while in LA. we all know where that sort of behavior inevitably leads a young nba player.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2017, 05:01:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
If this is what is public...what is there behind the scenes?

Really like his game...but dem off court decisions though.  :o

Yeah, Have to admit I never made a bad decision when I was 19. Bet you never did either. ::)

Hardly his only one in Lawrence.

"The one-game suspension stems from a Feb. 2 traffic incident that Jackson told Self about Monday. Jackson is scheduled to appear in Lawrence Municipal Court this month after being cited for three traffic violations."

"In a separate matter, Jackson faces one misdemeanor charge of criminal property damage. He is scheduled to be arraigned on April 12 in Douglas County District Court."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kansascity.relaymedia.com/amp/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article137140073.html

I'm starting to lose count.
let me help. 4.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2017, 01:13:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hope jackson cleans up soon

I just keep thinking what a dream fit he would be for this lineup..

« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2017, 01:39:53 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
so he's a bad driver

i'd still draft him

I would still draft him too and give him a personal driver :D

« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2017, 02:12:05 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Ainge won't touch him (for better or worse), he's too character-oriented.  May be the same for Ball / his dad -- he likes guys with potential, esp athletically, that could benefit from coaching BBIQ and work-ethic.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2017, 03:05:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ainge won't touch him (for better or worse), he's too character-oriented.  May be the same for Ball / his dad -- he likes guys with potential, esp athletically, that could benefit from coaching BBIQ and work-ethic.

who Jackson??  he is still very young.... all these "frat" like incidents , happen in college

If he doesn't occur another problem after the 1 game suspension,   I think everything will be cool

« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2017, 03:38:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Disagree Tarheels. If can Jackson or Ball are the most talented players on the board when we pick than that's who we will take.

. Neither player has major red flags.

« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2017, 04:02:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Well, he did take Smart after the whole fan-pushing incident, so who knows.

Of course, if you believe Smart's story of the situation, it's hard to blame him, though he still shouldn't have done it. That's a bit different than Jackson's stuff.

Let's just hope we get adults anyways.  8)

« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2017, 05:09:49 PM »

Offline Royrebirth

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Suspension about to cost Kansas.. first round exit about to happen.

« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2017, 05:20:06 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Suspension about to cost Kansas.. first round exit about to happen.

Yup,  but why did they suspend him?  I'm confused about why he was suspended.  What did he do?

« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2017, 05:30:51 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Per NBC Sports:

Kansas suspended the freshman for its Big 12 tournament opener after receiving three citations for a hit-and-run. He was already facing a misdemeanor property-damage charge for allegedly damaging the car of Kansas women’s basketball player who was previously found to be the victim of domestic violence by one of Jackson’s teammates.

I think I'm still interested in him!

« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Per NBC Sports:

Kansas suspended the freshman for its Big 12 tournament opener after receiving three citations for a hit-and-run. He was already facing a misdemeanor property-damage charge for allegedly damaging the car of Kansas women’s basketball player who was previously found to be the victim of domestic violence by one of Jackson’s teammates.

This sounds like a situation where we fans cannot have much to add.  Ainge will get to meet him and talk to his coaches and learn about who he is.  We as fans will never know enough to pass judgment one way or another.

« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2017, 06:18:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Per NBC Sports:

i may be mistaken, but i think i read that the hit-and-run involved backing up into another car, then driving away without leaving a note.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jackson has already apologized to his coach and teammates...  next game he misses is not a big big deal

MM tourney still around the corner

I expect Jackson to raise the intensity for the tourney

« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2017, 06:51:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Saltlover has convinced me that Danny wants Fultz which I get, because he has the greatest ability to create his own shot. But still a huge fan of Jackson, think he would fit right into our team team. Either one of those two guys could fit into our team roster. Ball is an incredible talent but we may have to move pieces for him to fit, especially IT. I don't see that happening.