Author Topic: Washburn: Celtics Unlikely To Add Larry Sanders  (Read 17166 times)

Re: Washburn: Celtics Unlikely To Add Larry Sanders
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
http://celtics.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Larry-Sanders-has-an-offer-to-return-to-the-NBA-51241363

Thanks for the update. It could be us. Washburn tends to be a blowhard. The main thing is Danny has to get us a center. If it's not Sanders, it has to be someone else, or Danny has stabbed this year's team in the back.

Maybe Danny didn't sign Sanders right away because he's trying to trade for Noel or another center who won't cost the Nets' picks or even for Cousins.

I guess we'll find out very soon with less than two weeks to go for trades.

If we end up with no center, Danny failed this year. For that reason, I think we might be the team that made the offer. Or another playoff team made an offer, but Danny told Sanders he needed a couple weeks. If we lose Sanders to Golden State, Cleveland or anyone else, and he helps them, and Danny gets us no other center, Ainge should be roasted by critics. Although the Nets' picks give him a lot of wiggle room and amnesty for mistakes. Call it the Dolan card for Phil Jackson. Ainge is very powerful and would have to truly frag up the team to be put on the hot seat.

It's true what Shaq Attack said and I wrote a thread on this before. Ainge seems kind of incompetent when it comes to stocking the team with bigs.

Maybe they are waiting for a roster spot when we make a 3 for 1 trade?

washburn article said for now...now it's later? lol

MILWAUKEE — The Celtics appear as if they will take a pass on Larry Sanders — for now.

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Does anyone know if he's had work outs with any other team? I mean GSW can take a flier on him with out work out because how stacked they are, and Cleveland is dumb enough to do that. But so far all I've heard of was the Boston work out and the shout outs by Sanders to Boston.

Might be why AB has taken so long with coming back. They've said after the  All Star break, which is when a lot of trades happen. Just easier for the players to meet up with the teams with out missing any games. AB could be part of a potential trade.

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2017, 09:05:15 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
This is our same idiot gm that nearly ****ing signed javale McGee last year?  I'm done.  Time to find a new team to cheer for until ainge and company get serious about bringing a contender to Boston and not play chess every year.  Disgusting

I like how Larry Sanders was your breaking point. Was he playing chess when he traded for IT?

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2017, 09:26:38 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Does anyone know if he's had work outs with any other team? I mean GSW can take a flier on him with out work out because how stacked they are, and Cleveland is dumb enough to do that. But so far all I've heard of was the Boston work out and the shout outs by Sanders to Boston.

Might be why AB has taken so long with coming back. They've said after the  All Star break, which is when a lot of trades happen. Just easier for the players to meet up with the teams with out missing any games. AB could be part of a potential trade.
He has had a few workouts and his agent says after each one that it went well.  But he's still jobless so far.

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2017, 10:00:08 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Maybe they are waiting for a roster spot when we make a 3 for 1 trade?

Yes, that sounds more likely than trade speculation. Danny isn't one to flinch. Perhaps Sanders and Ainge came to an agreement back then and Washburn got it 100% wrong. Oh, he said "for now." I guess that makes his kind of yellow journalism acceptable.

Maybe Danny told Larry to sit back and see if he can make an opening without having to cut good guy D-League star James Young.

Larry Sanders has always made perfect sense. People are just guessing he is done and has lost it forever.

No one's claiming he'll just pop right back in with no rust, but we'd have him next year and beyond. Noel sounded good because he's from Boston, but Larry Sanders is a good kid, too. I don't know what I'm talking about. The game is about to start. Get us the center, Danny. Bring in McHale and Pierce to coach. Get it done.

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2017, 10:03:14 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum

Your post has me thinking Danny has had an agreement with Sanders the whole time and asked him to wait for an open roster spot. Emphasis mine on the bold. I doubt anyone would give him an offer without a tryout. I hope this isn't fake news. I like Sanders.

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2017, 11:22:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You guys have Larry Sanders conspiracy theory fever. Listen...the Celtics worked him out and said no. If Ainge wanted him he would already have been here for weeks working out with the team during a long home stand and getting in shape and acquainted with the team.

He has since worked out with other teams. Its almost certain that if he has found an NBA team, its not the Celtics. Let it go. Sanders isn't coming here. He was deemed to be less valuable to this team than James Young.

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2017, 12:47:22 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
Some people like to make comments they can't back up.

This is the direct link to the new story by a Gery Woelfel. If you make it to the end, three teams showed up to a recent tryout, but no names are given.

The Washburn article is old news. I stopped reading him a long time ago because he seems to twist unproven things into statements.

No one knows.

http://www.woelfelspressbox.com/blog-entry/92/agent-says-larry-sanders-has-offer-to-return-to-nba

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2017, 12:55:08 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
He has since worked out with other teams. Its almost certain that if he has found an NBA team, its not the Celtics. Let it go. Sanders isn't coming here. He was deemed to be less valuable to this team than James Young.

To be fair, if Young isn't included in a trade I expect him to be waived after the deadline and Abdel Nader to finally be brought up after playing well in Summer League and killing it in the D-league. It's a little more accurate to say that Boston would rather take a flier on Nader than Sanders (who, with all the time off, could very conceivably have looked a long way off in his workout).

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2017, 01:07:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Some people like to make comments they can't back up.

This is the direct link to the new story by a Gery Woelfel. If you make it to the end, three teams showed up to a recent tryout, but no names are given.

The Washburn article is old news. I stopped reading him a long time ago because he seems to twist unproven things into statements.

No one knows.

http://www.woelfelspressbox.com/blog-entry/92/agent-says-larry-sanders-has-offer-to-return-to-nba
What is there to back up? Sanders tried out for the Celtics, that is a fact. It was reported Ainge wasn't impressed and said no. He is not on the team. More facts. Now lets use some logic. If Ainge wanted Sanders on the team the best time to bring him on was weeks ago knowing there was an extended homestand coming up with lots of practice time. Sanders could have had weeks to get in shape and acquaint himself with the team and its systems. A simple release of Jackson or Young would have gotten a space open for Sanders. Yet Sanders wasn't signed.

But your proof that somehow Ainge wanted Sanders, told him to wait weeks against all logic and a chance to lose him to another team and is going to be signing him shortly is an article that states Sanders had a workout in front 6 teams, some playoff teams and has an offer from one team. But I have to back stuff up??? WOW!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2017, 01:08:15 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

To be fair, if Young isn't included in a trade I expect him to be waived after the deadline and Abdel Nader to finally be brought up after playing well in Summer League and killing it in the D-league. It's a little more accurate to say that Boston would rather take a flier on Nader than Sanders (who, with all the time off, could very conceivably have looked a long way off in his workout).

Young had a pretty good game tonight.

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2017, 01:12:04 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I might be wrong but because Nader agreed to be stashed this year, I am pretty sure he can not be signed by the Celtics to a contract for this year

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2017, 09:37:22 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Nader wont be on the roster til next year. It's to do with length of control. If he comes onto the roster this year then we only have control for one more year, if he comes across over the summer it can be 4 years

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2017, 09:39:06 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
Okay, it looks like six teams (not three, sorry) showed up to Sanders' open workout in Miami with three of them playoff teams. No other info is given. Sanders originally gave the Celtics their own personal meeting and now we are supposed to believe that Washburn and anonymous bloggers are psychic and know "for now" or for sure that Danny took a pass.

No one knows anything for sure other than that it does look like Larry Sanders will be on a team within a couple weeks. Good for him and maybe for us.

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2017, 02:27:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Okay, it looks like six teams (not three, sorry) showed up to Sanders' open workout in Miami with three of them playoff teams. No other info is given. Sanders originally gave the Celtics their own personal meeting and now we are supposed to believe that Washburn and anonymous bloggers are psychic and know "for now" or for sure that Danny took a pass.

No one knows anything for sure other than that it does look like Larry Sanders will be on a team within a couple weeks. Good for him and maybe for us.

Took a little while, but it looks like you were right. TP!

I hope it's us too!!!

Larry Sanders  ✔@l8show_thegoat
Looks like Ima need my goggles back 🤓
12:15 PM - 10 Mar 2017/quote]

Keith Smith  ✔@KeithSmithNBA
Sources: Larry Sanders has offers from multiple teams and ball is in his court to pick a team.
12:45 PM - 10 Mar 2017/quote]