Author Topic: Washburn: Celtics Unlikely To Add Larry Sanders  (Read 17139 times)

Re: Washburn: Celtics Unlikely To Add Larry Sanders
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2017, 12:46:08 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Danny should take a flyer on him again this summer and see if his conditioning have improved.

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 12:55:54 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I am dumbfounded by some of the comments here that are raking Ainge over the coals for not signing Sanders. This is a guy that stop playing for his team for two years because he wanted to smoke pot. He admitted that playing basketball isnt as big a priority in his life as other things like art and smoking weed.

But the Cs brought him in anyway, gave him a workout and determined he currently isn't even good enough to beat out James Young for a spot on this team.

SMH at some posters here. Just clueless.

Exactly. I for one is in favor of signing Sanders IF and only if, the staff thought he is currently good enough to join the team.

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2017, 12:56:09 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
I am dumbfounded by some of the comments here that are raking Ainge over the coals for not signing Sanders. This is a guy that stop playing for his team for two years because he wanted to smoke pot. He admitted that playing basketball isnt as big a priority in his life as other things like art and smoking weed.

But the Cs brought him in anyway, gave him a workout and determined he currently isn't even good enough to beat out James Young for a spot on this team.

TP.  Sanders is not currently,an NBA-caliber player. 

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 12:57:54 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

Hopefully you're not referring to mine because I thought my sarcasm was pretty obvious.

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2017, 09:51:43 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Hopefully you're not referring to mine because I thought my sarcasm was pretty obvious.
It was. And well written and humorous as well. You already reaped the ultimate reward of a tp. ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2017, 10:05:39 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

No sir....I got your joke. Very funny stuff.

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2017, 10:12:55 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
He probably couldnt' hit a 3 pt shot

Danny won't add a big man that can't hit the 3...

You just described Mickey

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 10:14:46 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
This is our same idiot gm that nearly ****ing signed javale McGee last year?  I'm done.  Time to find a new team to cheer for until ainge and company get serious about bringing a contender to Boston and not play chess every year.  Disgusting

Did you even bother to read the article? Specifically this part...

According to a team source, that workout didn’t fare so well and the Celtics have decided to continue their search for a defensive big man as they head to the second half of the season.

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Danny should take a flyer on him again this summer and see if his conditioning have improved.

It sounds like they left the door open for that.

Ainge checked out Oden several times in the past, and was correct to pass on him then. I figure it is the same for Sanders. If he looked like an out of shape pot head , then Ainge is right not to sign him unless he gets it together.

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 10:55:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
He probably couldnt' hit a 3 pt shot

Danny won't add a big man that can't hit the 3...

You just described Mickey

LOL ......I guess Sanders could shoot the three as well as Sully.

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

You shouldn't be shocked. There was a large contingent here that were ready to crucify Ainge 2 drafts ago for not drafting that Upshaw kid Fresno State at 17. Not only did that kid go undrafted, he is also out of the league now  (and D League too).

Ainge makes mistakes but he's probably onend of the top 5 GMs in the league.

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
didn't the Lakers take a free agent flyer on Upshaw. The Lakers are a joke.

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2017, 08:04:20 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
http://celtics.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Larry-Sanders-has-an-offer-to-return-to-the-NBA-51241363

Thanks for the update. It could be us. Washburn tends to be a blowhard. The main thing is Danny has to get us a center. If it's not Sanders, it has to be someone else, or Danny has stabbed this year's team in the back.

Maybe Danny didn't sign Sanders right away because he's trying to trade for Noel or another center who won't cost the Nets' picks or even for Cousins.

I guess we'll find out very soon with less than two weeks to go for trades.

If we end up with no center, Danny failed this year. For that reason, I think we might be the team that made the offer. Or another playoff team made an offer, but Danny told Sanders he needed a couple weeks. If we lose Sanders to Golden State, Cleveland or anyone else, and he helps them, and Danny gets us no other center, Ainge should be roasted by critics. Although the Nets' picks give him a lot of wiggle room and amnesty for mistakes. Call it the Dolan card for Phil Jackson. Ainge is very powerful and would have to truly frag up the team to be put on the hot seat.

It's true what Shaq Attack said and I wrote a thread on this before. Ainge seems kind of incompetent when it comes to stocking the team with bigs.

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
http://celtics.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Larry-Sanders-has-an-offer-to-return-to-the-NBA-51241363

Thanks for the update. It could be us. Washburn tends to be a blowhard. The main thing is Danny has to get us a center. If it's not Sanders, it has to be someone else, or Danny has stabbed this year's team in the back.

Maybe Danny didn't sign Sanders right away because he's trying to trade for Noel or another center who won't cost the Nets' picks or even for Cousins.

I guess we'll find out very soon with less than two weeks to go for trades.

If we end up with no center, Danny failed this year. For that reason, I think we might be the team that made the offer. Or another playoff team made an offer, but Danny told Sanders he needed a couple weeks. If we lose Sanders to Golden State, Cleveland or anyone else, and he helps them, and Danny gets us no other center, Ainge should be roasted by critics. Although the Nets' picks give him a lot of wiggle room and amnesty for mistakes. Call it the Dolan card for Phil Jackson. Ainge is very powerful and would have to truly frag up the team to be put on the hot seat.

It's true what Shaq Attack said and I wrote a thread on this before. Ainge seems kind of incompetent when it comes to stocking the team with bigs.

Maybe they are waiting for a roster spot when we make a 3 for 1 trade?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird