Author Topic: Jimmy Butler Watch Thread  (Read 14747 times)

Re: Jimmy Butler Watch Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2017, 09:57:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
No Butler, but Bulls still keeping it tight with Houston. 77-75 Rockets.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2017, 10:37:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Lol Bulls about to lose this thing on an 8-0 run to end the game.

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2017, 07:34:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Butler hasn't played the last three games and might miss tonight's game vs. Phoenix.

There are rumors that Butler wants Carmelo Anthony on the Bulls..

How would that team work? Exceptional offense. Horrible defense (even with JB).

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Bulls up 56-38 on the Raptors  :o

Butler has 7 points, 7 assists and 2 rebounds in 17 minutes.

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2017, 09:49:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
So Butler is struggling (only 2/8 shooting), BUT has a DOUBLE DOUBLE.

11 points, 10 assists, 2 rebounds (30 minutes).

Pretty good from someone coming back from an injury that hasn't fully healed yet.

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2017, 04:36:21 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Butler hasn't played the last three games and might miss tonight's game vs. Phoenix.

There are rumors that Butler wants Carmelo Anthony on the Bulls..

How would that team work? Exceptional offense. Horrible defense (even with JB).

The reports are that Wade wants Melo.  Maybe Butler is just agreeing with him....

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2017, 04:54:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
http://nesn.com/2017/02/nba-rumors-celtics-wont-trade-2017-nets-pick-in-deal-for-jimmy-butler/

not too much real info, but worth posting here.

Im starting to come around to the idea that Jackson/Ball/Fultz all have really good chances to be as good as Butler on their own. Id still send Bradley/Zeller/'17 for Butler but I really like Butler so theres that.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2017, 05:22:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
http://nesn.com/2017/02/nba-rumors-celtics-wont-trade-2017-nets-pick-in-deal-for-jimmy-butler/

Im starting to come around to the idea that Jackson/Ball/Fultz all have really good chances to be as good as Butler on their own. Id still send Bradley/Zeller/'17 for Butler but I really like Butler so theres that.

Yeah I think that pretty much makes any "Butler-to-Boston" rumors dead.

It will renew again around draft day, but it means zero chance of a deadline deal.

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

Alternative title - "Danny is living in fantasy land."  :P

I think it's one thing to not think he's worth that pick, which is certainly reasonable. But I'm not sure how he thinks he can actually nab him without giving it up. I wonder if he thinks the same about Paul George, too. At least George would theoretically fit a bit better with us, but his contact situation is worse than Butler, along with probably not being as good of a player as him this year.

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2017, 05:31:49 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I think it's one thing to not think he's worth that pick, which is certainly reasonable. But I'm not sure how he thinks he can actually nab him without giving it up. I wonder if he thinks the same about Paul George, too. At least George would theoretically fit a bit better with us, but his contact situation is worse than Butler, along with probably not being as good of a player as him this year.
I think George is still as good as Butler, hes just having a bad season. Plus, hes actually a year younger.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I think George is still as good as Butler, hes just having a bad season. Plus, hes actually a year younger.

I think PG13 is untouchable. At least with Butler there's a slim chance.

CHI said they would be okay accepting a "Godfather offer" for Butler.

So he's available, and will be going forward, but again, that "godfather offer" part really scares me.

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Because,  from all signs im seeing, Ainge is a completely unrealistic man living in a fairy land that he's created in his own imagination.

The bit refuses to make any deal that involves giving up anything of value,  and as such there's a slim chance of us seeing any deals happen that actually add any players of value.

So tired of this, seriously.   Ainge's obsession with draft picks and cap space is doing my head in.   I wonder how many deals be turned down last year which could have brought us a player better then the Horford we eventually used that cap space to sign...

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Is Butler worth a Godfather offer? Seems  a bit tooly.

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2017, 05:40:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Because,  from all signs im seeing, Ainge is a completely unrealistic man living in a fairy land that he's created in his own imagination.

The bit refuses to make any deal that involves giving up anything of value,  and as such there's a slim chance of us seeing any deals happen that actually add any players of value.

So tired of this, seriously.   Ainge's obsession with draft picks and cap space is doing my head in.   I wonder how many deals be turned down last year which could have brought us a player better then the Horford we eventually used that cap space to sign...

Alright, alright, calm down man.

Yes, I'd love to see Ainge make a deal that makes us contenders, and yes, Ainge hasn't drafted well on a few occasions over the year.

But reality is, no one was truly available, and unless you're telling me you would be okay dealing 2016 BKN PICK, 2017 BKN PICK, Smart, Crowder, and 2 more assets (future pick and/or player) for Butler, then yes, Ainge played it smart and didn't make a deal.

I do agree though that Ainge NEEDS to make some big FA signing OR big trade within the next year (between now and next year's trade deadline) for this to work, otherwise we could continue to be "middle of the pack" and not contenders for years to come (also with IT/Bradley/Smart FA coming in 2018).

Also Horford fits this team well. He isn't worth 30M/Year, yes, but honestly not many people are worth their contracts but that's how the market is now. You could even see guys like Noel get close to max deals (even though they CLEARLY aren't worth it).

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Is Butler worth a Godfather offer? Seems  a bit tooly.

Nope.

I think if CHI truly decide to rebuild though, they will lower their price a bit this summer.

Wait it out.