Author Topic: Donald Trump uses conservative conspiracy theorist to help voter fraud claim  (Read 2426 times)

Offline adam8

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
There definitely is voter fraud going on. I don't think it's worth investigating but I wouldn't be surprised if it's much worse then the liberal media thinks it is.

As far as Trump. I kind of like that he's getting under the skin of so many media members.

define "definitely"

In fairness they caught I believe 4 people trying to double-vote this election. At least 3 were Trump supporters.

Anyone who grasps numbers can figure out pretty fast that if you want to rig an election with 9 figures' worth of people voting, getting millions of people to commit felonies on your behalf is about the least effective way imaginable to do it.
But if you did manage to convince 3-5 million people to vote for you illegally I would have to think someone would say let's make sure they vote in Florida, North Carolina, Ohio etc. not like it's a secret where the votes matter and where they don't. if you had a very close election and then you could hand place 3 million voters Trump would have lost every battleground state and wouldn't be president.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 1060
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, at least he's not doing anything like pressuring the Park Service to bolster his claims about inauguration crowd size....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline Moranis

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 914
There definitely is voter fraud going on. I don't think it's worth investigating but I wouldn't be surprised if it's much worse then the liberal media thinks it is.

As far as Trump. I kind of like that he's getting under the skin of so many media members.

define "definitely"

In fairness they caught I believe 4 people trying to double-vote this election. At least 3 were Trump supporters.

Anyone who grasps numbers can figure out pretty fast that if you want to rig an election with 9 figures' worth of people voting, getting millions of people to commit felonies on your behalf is about the least effective way imaginable to do it.
But if you did manage to convince 3-5 million people to vote for you illegally I would have to think someone would say let's make sure they vote in Florida, North Carolina, Ohio etc. not like it's a secret where the votes matter and where they don't. if you had a very close election and then you could hand place 3 million voters Trump would have lost every battleground state and wouldn't be president.
It was less than 200,000 votes total in 3 states that decided the election.  You just quite simply don't need that many fraudulent votes to win.

The whole thing is silly.  Trump is just so egotistical that he can't stand he lost the popular vote to Clinton.  Of course the vast majority of those votes were in California where Trump didn't campaign at all, which makes the whole thing even sillier.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 813

define "definitely"

It was less than 200,000 votes total in 3 states that decided the election.  You just quite simply don't need that many fraudulent votes to win.

The whole thing is silly.  Trump is just so egotistical that he can't stand he lost the popular vote to Clinton. Of course the vast majority of those votes were in California where Trump didn't campaign at all, which makes the whole thing even sillier.
sums it up. Also defines my greatest fears of a Trump presidency. He lets his ego make his decisions and those are the decisions you fear.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
For those of you who have never lived in a communist or post-communist state, this tactic may seem unheard of. In fact, this is a textbook case of how the totalitarian government communicated (and in some cases, still does) with the people. Repeat a lie until you're blue in the face in order to establish it as the new normal. Weave in just about enough truth to seed some doubt. Reap the benefits.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.

This is not just problematic. It's horrifying. And for some of us, it's what we left behind to come to the US.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 2034
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

define "definitely"

Six figures' worth of felonies is still an awful lot of felonies. But yes, provided you know in advance where the margins among real voters are tight and can place your illegal voters accordingly the required number can be lower. That's what I think adam8 was getting at.

The whole thing is silly.  Trump is just so egotistical that he can't stand he lost the popular vote to Clinton.  Of course the vast majority of those votes were in California where Trump didn't campaign at all, which makes the whole thing even sillier.

He campaigned there a few times in the summer but more or less yeah.

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 180

define "definitely"
100 percent. You want to bet against that? No one who likes money would.

100% of what?  Would you support a recount?

Offline Ed Hollison

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 194
For those of you who have never lived in a communist or post-communist state, this tactic may seem unheard of. In fact, this is a textbook case of how the totalitarian government communicated (and in some cases, still does) with the people. Repeat a lie until you're blue in the face in order to establish it as the new normal. Weave in just about enough truth to seed some doubt. Reap the benefits.

This is not just problematic. It's horrifying. And for some of us, it's what we left behind to come to the US.

Listen to this man.

I'm grateful never to have lived in such a country, but the tactics being used by this president of ours are straight out of the same textbook. Repeat a lie often and loudly enough, and it becomes the new truth. God help us.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

define "definitely"

100 percent of definitely and no.

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 180

define "definitely"

If you think that there was definitely voter fraud, why don't you want a recount?  Wouldn't that answer the question?

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 486
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

define "definitely"

If you think that there was definitely voter fraud, why don't you want a recount?  Wouldn't that answer the question?
let's not get bogged down in actual facts

Wild speculation is good enough
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

define "definitely"

Voter fraud is difficult to investigate and a recount is not going to uncover fraud. Both would be a waste of money IMO.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 260

Amen, thank you.

Offline mef730

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 548
I have no doubt that voter fraud took place. None whatsoever.

I also have no doubt that the number of people engaged in voter fraud is so infinitesimally small that it would barely have made a difference in Hartsfield Landing, never mind nationally. See, it can be both.

The point is, Trump doesn't care how many examples he finds, nor who they voted for. Screaming "three to five million" gives him a reason, and I use that term loosely, to sound off. If he finds even a single instance of it, he will scream it over and over if, for no other reason, than to soothe his shattered ego.

Mike
Want to learn about frequent flyer miles and flying well for free? Check out my blog here: http://frequentflyermiles101.com/

Actually, check it out even if you don't want to. It'll make me feel good.

Offline gift

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 142
Remember the good old days when Trump's lies were just about a birth certificate?

I honestly believe this guy isn't going to last long in the White House.